katze101

Affidavit of physical presence

6 posts in this topic

I'm filling out the forms needed for the CRBA and had a couple questions with the affidavit of physical presence.

1. I know for the section that lists the times I was present in the US, i need to list every state I lived in. But do I also need to separate out those vacations abroad when they're listed in the next section of when I've been present abroad? There's about 7-8 week long trips that I'll list in the next section but seems silly to separate out in the first section.

2. Also if on a trip abroad i visited more than one country do i need to do a separate listing for each country, even if I was in one of those countries less than 24 hours?

3. I've been to Canada a few times, a couple of those overnight, but could not even begin to remember when those trips were. Do I just forget about them, my passport was never stamped?

I have no problems meeting the residency requirements since I lived there until I was 25.

IR1 Visa

Service Center: CSC

Marriage: 2011/09/24

Baby girl: 2012/12/31

I-130 Sent: 2015/04/08 - USC filing from abroad

NOA 1: 2015/04/10

NOA 2: 2015/05/20 - 40 days!!

NVC Received: 2015/06/05

Case number assigned: 2015/06/17

Submitted DS-261: 2015/07/05

Paid AOS fee: 2015/07/10

Paid IV fee: 2015/07/27

Submitted via email AOS and IV packets: 2015/07/27

Checklist: 2015/08/05 - for DS-260 was having website difficulties and didn't realise they would review our case in 11 days.

Submitted DS-260: 2015/08/07

Supervisor Review: 2015/09/14 - 38 days after submitted DS-260 and still waiting

Checklist/Email from Supervisor?: 2015/09/18 - for missing police certificate, even though we were suppose to submit directly to the Australian consulate. Emailed them as requested stating that info and called stating that info was told to wait another 30 days for them to respond?!?!?!?! :ranting: At least now I'm in direct email communication with a someone.

Case Complete!! - 2015/09/22 - 110 days

I'm filling out the forms needed for the CRBA and had a couple questions with the affidavit of physical presence.

1. I know for the section that lists the times I was present in the US, i need to list every state I lived in. But do I also need to separate out those vacations abroad when they're listed in the next section of when I've been present abroad? There's about 7-8 week long trips that I'll list in the next section but seems silly to separate out in the first section.

2. Also if on a trip abroad i visited more than one country do i need to do a separate listing for each country, even if I was in one of those countries less than 24 hours?

3. I've been to Canada a few times, a couple of those overnight, but could not even begin to remember when those trips were. Do I just forget about them, my passport was never stamped?

I have no problems meeting the residency requirements since I lived there until I was 25.

Is this what your talking about?

CRBA.jpg

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

IR1 Visa

Checklist: 2015/08/05 - for DS-260 was having website difficulties and didn't realise they would review our case in 11 days.

Supervisor Review: 2015/09/14 - 38 days after submitted DS-260 and still waiting

Checklist/Email from Supervisor?: 2015/09/18 - for missing police certificate, even though we were suppose to submit directly to the Australian consulate. Emailed them as requested stating that info and called stating that info was told to wait another 30 days for them to respond?!?!?!?! :ranting: At least now I'm in direct email communication with a someone.

Form DS-5507 is what your talking about. DS-5507 (Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support)

Both.... The DS-5507 and DS-2029 have 'Physical Presence' sections, so it helps if you can be specific in what form your inquiring about when posting, OP..

I see your filing for CR-1 Do you need to fill-out this form? This is an additional form, typically only required for a U.S. citizen father who is not married to the mother of the child who's birth is being reported, hence (Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support) However I did check the US Embassy Canberra AU and it's on the list of docs. Anyways I would list your info as requested on the form. If you don't have dates do the best you can.You can allways email the embassy and ask if you need the DS-5507

Form DS-5507 is what your talking about. DS-5507 (Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support)

Both.... The DS-5507 and DS-2029 have 'Physical Presence' sections, so it helps if you can be specific in what form your inquiring about when posting, OP..

I see your filing for CR-1 Do you need to fill-out this form? This is an additional form, typically only required for a U.S. citizen father who is not married to the mother of the child who's birth is being reported, hence (Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support) However I did check the US Embassy Canberra AU and it's on the list of docs. Anyways I would list your info as requested on the form. If you don't have dates do the best you can.You can allways email the embassy and ask if you need the DS-5507

Sorry I figured the topic would be enough for most people to figure out what I was talking about even though I shortened it.

I know this form is totally separate from the CR-1. My husband and I have just had a baby and we have to file for a CRBA. I've already been told that I need to fill this form out, that is why I'm asking questions about that particular form.

So where it says "That I've been physically present in the US as follows" I want to know if I took a trip do I need to separate it out. ie I live in a place for 20 years and take a trip abroad do I separate it showing a break or is it covered in the section where I list my time abroad and can I leave it as one block of time. See examples.

notrips.tiff

trip.tiff

IR1 Visa

Sorry I figured the topic would be enough for most people to figure out what I was talking about even though I shortened it.

I know this form is totally separate from the CR-1. My husband and I have just had a baby and we have to file for a CRBA. I've already been told that I need to fill this form out, that is why I'm asking questions about that particular form.

So where it says "That I've been physically present in the US as follows" I want to know if I took a trip do I need to separate it out. ie I live in a place for 20 years and take a trip abroad do I separate it showing a break or is it covered in the section where I list my time abroad and can I leave it as one block of time. See examples.

Yes the CR-1 is separate. I figured the comment and question would be enough for you figure out. "I see your filing for CR-1" meaning your married. "Do you need to fill-out this form?" meaning this DS-5507 is an additional form, typically only required for a U.S. citizen father who is not married to the mother of the child who's birth is being reported. Although the forms i.e. CRBA are the same for every county the procedures do vary so this was the reason for my comment/question.

Sorry for the delay I was waiting for the response from the U.S. Consulate General, Sydney for clarification on your question and my comment about the DS-5507 As you can see below list each and every time you have entered and exited the U.S., to the best of your knowledge. If you need further help I would email the American Citizens Services U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

Good Luck.

Dear Mr. xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email.

Yes we will require you to complete the DS-5507 Affidavit of Parentage, Physical Presence and Support. We understand that you might not be able to remember each and every time you have entered and exited the U.S., we ask that you complete the form to the best of your knowledge.

For additional assistance, please email SydneyACS@state.govor call the American Citizens Services (ACS) unit on 02 9373 9200 between 1:30pm and 3:30pm, weekdays.

Sincerely,

American Citizens Services

U.S. Consulate General, Sydney

-- Information for U.S. Citizens Traveling or Residing Overseas --

**REGISTER TO VOTE! Visit the

Federal Voting Assistance Program's (FVAP) website**

**Register your travels through the

Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) **

**For the latest information from the Consulate, follow us on

Facebookand Twitter**

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.