aguilayserpiente

Messenger/courier San Ramón, Peru

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hola, busco una recomendacion para contratar los servicios de mensajeros competentes. Necesito que el mensajero vaya al Registro Municipal de San Ramon y al RENIEC de Chanchamayo para obtener el archivo del divorcio de mi novia (o confirmación de su no existencia). Desafortunadamente, no puedo encontrar un servicio por internet. Gracias.

I need a Courier/messenger to retrieve divorce documents with the Civil Registry in San Ramon and RENIEC (or certification of their non-existence). I cannot locate any such service via internet searches. Thank you.

May 14, 2011 Mailed K1 Petition to Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

May 18, 2011 Notice of Receipt via email

May 18, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to California Service Center

May 19, 2011 Notice of Receipt from Laguna Niguel, California, Service Center

August 2, 2011 Request for Evidence

August 31, 2011 Evidence tendered to Laguna Niguel, Service Center

September 14, 2011 Notice of Action, "Petition approved."

September 29, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to embassy in Lima, from National Visa Center, Portsmouth, NH,

October 3, 2011, email sent to embassy in Lima, re: change of address for fiancée.

October 5, 2011 email response from embassy in Lima, re: procedure for change of address

October 22, 2011 received packet from embassy in Lima with Nov. 2, 2011 appointment date.

November 2, 2011 finacée interviewed by consular staff in Lima.

November 2, 2011 Yellow sheet issued requesting more information.

Hola, busco una recomendacion para contratar los servicios de mensajeros competentes. Necesito que el mensajero vaya al Registro Municipal de San Ramon y al RENIEC de Chanchamayo para obtener el archivo del divorcio de mi novia (o confirmación de su no existencia). Desafortunadamente, no puedo encontrar un servicio por internet. Gracias.

I need a Courier/messenger to retrieve divorce documents with the Civil Registry in San Ramon and RENIEC (or certification of their non-existence). I cannot locate any such service via internet searches. Thank you.

Just an idea: how about hiring an attorney office, say in Lima or Jauja/Huancayo (that is closer to Chanchamayo if I recall correctly) and they would make that happen. They will have conexions for the kind of search you need. It will cost you though, especially if you represent you are foreign.

Best course of action would be if you or novia have a relative/friend in Peru; and make the arrangements thru them. If you do not, then be prepared to spend some $$$

I would not hire just a mensajero.

Good luck

Timeline

Just an idea: how about hiring an attorney office, say in Lima or Jauja/Huancayo (that is closer to Chanchamayo if I recall correctly) and they would make that happen. They will have conexions for the kind of search you need. It will cost you though, especially if you represent you are foreign.

Best course of action would be if you or novia have a relative/friend in Peru; and make the arrangements thru them. If you do not, then be prepared to spend some $$$

I would not hire just a mensajero.

Good luck

Chanchamayo is en la zona selvatica- very remote. The entire district of San Ramon is perhaps 27,000 people. RENIEC in Chanchamayo recommended a national mensajero service. However, I like the idea of an attorney's office. Unfortunately, my novia is part of the problem and I have no friends in Peru. Anyone have any other thoughts?

Edited by aguilayserpiente

September 29, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to embassy in Lima, from National Visa Center, Portsmouth, NH,

October 3, 2011, email sent to embassy in Lima, re: change of address for fiancée.

October 5, 2011 email response from embassy in Lima, re: procedure for change of address

October 22, 2011 received packet from embassy in Lima with Nov. 2, 2011 appointment date.

Chanchamayo is en la zona selvatica- very remote. The entire district of San Ramon is perhaps 27,000 people. RENIEC in Chanchamayo recommended a national mensajero service. However, I like the idea of an attorney's office. Unfortunately, my novia is part of the problem and I have no friends in Peru. Anyone have any other thoughts?

The thing is, Mensajeria is basically something like UPS/Fedex; not sure that I would trust an errand like this to them. Not sure why would RENIEC have recommended that, but wouldn't get past whoever recommended that it was more a 'check with a mensajeria, maybe they can do it'. Not saying they don't, you might need to check with them directly (I post a possible contact below, i'm not affiliated with them and have never used them, just knew about them because I was researching how to move my stuff to a place outside of Cusco once I get to Lima)

Chanchamayo and even San Ramon are not really that remote, I am originally from Peru actually, and been there many times.

This time of the year is challenging as they are in rain season and can become isolated by a huayco.

In any case, here is a mensajeria service: www.pits.com.pe.

You would need to dial 011.51.1 before the number they post (if dialing from the US). I wouldn't expect anyone to speak English, but your original post seems to indicate you can handle a conversation in Spanish well. You would need to explain the situation possibly several times to several people.

DOn't discount that they might offer to do it out of just helping on a personal basis, but then don't discount that in Peru, the Registro Municipal and RENIEC might want your novia be the one asking: as you might know, these kind of things are done 'in person' and the first thing they will want to see is her DNI; the use of power of attorneys is not so common and even if you have one, might not be accepted...That is why I was suggesting an attorney office...they would have more weight and carry a level of respect that will prompt people to do things, especially in provinces. Additionally, they would have other resources that might help to expedite things should a roadblock appears.

Additionally, and maybe before contacting this people, Have you tried checking with the nearest consulate and see what they would say??

Your profile indicates K-1, which would mean your novia is in Peru. Not sure why she would not be able to help/contact someone, but I respect your privacy and reasons.

In a K-1, the process is -I suspect- designed so both novio and novia shoulder up the documentation of the K-1 petition.

You do know she is going to need a birth certificate and antecedentes policiales y penales from every place she lived, right?, which would mean she would need them from San Ramon too....

Edited by Gosia & Tito

Timeline

The thing is, Mensajeria is basically something like UPS/Fedex; not sure that I would trust an errand like this to them. Not sure why would RENIEC have recommended that, but wouldn't get past whoever recommended that it was more a 'check with a mensajeria, maybe they can do it'.

Chanchamayo and even San Ramon are not really that remote, I am originally from Peru actually, and been there many times.

This time of the year is challenging as they are in rain season and can become isolated by a huayco.

In any case, here is a mensajeria service: www.pits.com.pe.

You would need to dial 011.51.1 before the number they post (if dialing from the US).

the Registro Municipal and RENIEC might want your novia be the one asking: as you might know, these kind of things are done 'in person' and the first thing they will want to see is her DNI; the use of power of attorneys is not so common and even if you have one, might not be accepted...That is why I was suggesting an attorney office...they would have more weight and carry a level of respect that will prompt people to do things, especially in provinces. Additionally, they would have other resources that might help to expedite things should a roadblock appears.

Additionally, and maybe before contacting this people, Have you tried checking with the nearest consulate and see what they would say??

Gracias por su respuesta. El RENIEC de Chanchamayo recomienda a Olva Courier, quienes ellos mismos usan para mandar y obtener documentos. El Consulado Peruano en EU indica que las actas de matrimonio y divorcio son documentos públicos. El personal del Consulado Peruano indica que no puede obtener documentos y aunque hayan accedido en ayudar a abrir un diálogo con San Ramón no los vide muy motivados en hacerlo. Me gusta la sugerencia de un abogado, pero no conozco a nadien. Mas, el hecho clave es que nadien contesta el tel. en el Municipio de San Ramón. ¿Eso implica que un abogado de Lima al igual tendría que mandar a un mensajero para simplemente averiguar? Le voy a pedir a la embajada si me pueden recomendar un abogado.

¿Otras sugerencias? Gracias.

Gracias por su respuesta. El RENIEC de Chanchamayo recomienda a Olva Courier, quienes ellos mismos usan para mandar y obtener documentos. El Consulado Peruano en EU indica que las actas de matrimonio y divorcio son documentos públicos. El personal del Consulado Peruano indica que no puede obtener documentos y aunque hayan accedido en ayudar a abrir un diálogo con San Ramón no los vide muy motivados en hacerlo. Me gusta la sugerencia de un abogado, pero no conozco a nadien. Mas, el hecho clave es que nadien contesta el tel. en el Municipio de San Ramón. ¿Eso implica que un abogado de Lima al igual tendría que mandar a un mensajero para simplemente averiguar? Le voy a pedir a la embajada si me pueden recomendar un abogado.

¿Otras sugerencias? Gracias.

Es por eso que sugiero una oficina de abogados. En Peru, especialmente en provincias, es comun que nadei atienda el telefono (porque en general, errands se hacen en persona). Si Olva COurier puede obtener y enviar los documentos, seria una buena alternativa.

Un abogado seria mejor en una ciudad grande, Huancayo me parece es la mas cercana y suficientemente grande como para tener abogados. La oficina de abogados possibly envie a alguien en persona para obtener los documentos. Obviamente, deben tener un fee por los servicios. De Huancayo a San Ramon es posible ir y regresar en el mismo dia, pero ahora en epoca de lluvias tal vez sea mas dificil. No descontaria que los abogados want to bill you for even one night hotel in San Ramon o Chanchamayo, because todos en el Peru "saben" que los extranjeros/americanos son "millonarios".

Si la embajada puede recomendar un abogado seria lo mejor. Tal vez tambien tengan acceso a yellow pages de varias ciudades. Yo no usaria in abogado en Lima a menos que no hubiera otra alternativa.

WHile it might not be the most happy idea, Is there any plan that would take you to Peru in a visit in the next few weeks/months?? The K-1 will take several months and even up to a year, a couple of extra months is not that bad in the great scheme of things. At same time, maybe a CR-1 is better for you, and since you would need to marry in Peru, then you would go anyway and can take care of the paperwork. The CR-1 overall costs less and provides a GC upon arrival; while on the K-1, you would need to do AOS-adjustment of status, which means another 1-1 1/2 grand plus adding 3-6 months to green card in hand; and worst a work permit and travel documents at least 2-3 months after AOS (which can only be done after marriage)

As for attorneys, below is the link to the Colegio de Abogados de Junin (Huancayo, and La Merced are in that department -Junin_; there are a couple of phone numbers and an e-mail address; they might be able to help you).

SOrry I keep bringing up the attorney because in my mind is a much safer and certain way to get taken care of (though possibly more expensive). I myself go to Peru every year and while things have changed, I'm not sure that I'd use a mensajeria with something like this.

I'm sure you already looked it up, but here is the Olva COurier site: http://www.olvacourier.com/

Their site indicates they do in fact -sort of- what Reniec have told you. It is under 'Servicios de Gestion' and then 'VErificaciones Domiciliarias/Laborales'...and they do list an office in Chanchamayo and in San Ramon:

ROSARIO NIEVES LEON SUAREZ

Dirección : JR. PROGRESO 410

Teléfono : 064-763940

RPM : RPM #933462

Correo Electrónico : OLVASANRAMON@OLVALAMERCED.COM

Horario de Atención : Lunes a Sabado de 09am a 08.30pm

Hopefully you would be able to get someting going soon

Edited by Gosia & Tito

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.