Sarsoor

Finally got the RFE letter in the mail, BUT..

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Here is a summary of my story. I filed my I-130 on October 29th. On December 28th, the online status said that they sent an RFE letter to my address in Egypt. I waited sooooo long for this letter to come, but it never did. So I called and asked twice to send the letter again but to my friend in Texas, and it finally got into her mailbox yesterday. I was in tears! But then I was shocked to see that they wanted the marriage certificate. I am so sure I sent it in my package. Did they really just miss it?? did any of you go thru the same thing? Did you guys send in the translation and the original language document or just the translation? It says it must be "civilly authorized", which is! the contract is full of stamps and authorized signature from the ministry of justice in Egypt. Can any Egyptian fillers help me out with advises? Please help me because I don't want to get another RFE :(:help:

Thanks in advance :energy:

Edited by Sarsoor

USCIS:
10.24.2012 - I-130 Sent
10.29.2012 - NOA1 Received (By email)
11.01.2012 - Check cashed
12.28.2012 - Online status says "RFE"
01.28.2013 - FINALLY got the RFE letter
01.30.2013 - Sent out the RFE response
02.15.2013 - NOA2

NVC
03.11.13: NVC Received
03.25.13: Case/IIN Received
03.25.13: DS-3032 sent (Supervisor Review)
03.26.13: Expedite Request sent (via Congressman)
03.26.13: Expedite Request forwarded to Embassy in Cairo
03.28.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.28.13: AOS bill invoiced
03.29.13: Pay AOS bill
04.07.13: AOS bill shows PAID
03.29.13: IV bill invoiced
03.29.13: Pay IV bill
04.07.13: IV bill shows PAID
04.11.13: AOS package sent
04.12.13: AOS package received
04.11.13: IV package sent
04.12.13: IV package received

04.24.13: Case complete
04.29.13: Interview scheduled

05.02.13: Medical Exam

05.03.13: Earlier Interview Request sent

05.06.13: Case left NVC

05.08.13: Case arrived at embassy

05.27.13: Interview - EGYPT - APPROVED ALHUMDUALLAH!

event.png

event.png

Here is a summary of my story. I filed my I-130 on October 29th. On December 28th, the online status said that they sent an RFE letter to my address in Egypt. I waited sooooo long for this letter to come, but it never did. So I called and asked twice to send the letter again but to my friend in Texas, and it finally got into her mailbox yesterday. I was in tears! But then I was shocked to see that they wanted the marriage certificate. I am so sure I sent it in my package. Did they really just miss it?? did any of you go thru the same thing? Did you guys send in the translation and the original language document or just the translation? It says it must be "civilly authorized", which is! the contract is full of stamps and authorized signature from the ministry of justice in Egypt. Can any Egyptian fillers help me out with advises? Please help me because I don't want to get another RFE :(:help:

Thanks in advance :energy:

Sarsoor, please send in the copy of the certificate and of the translation again. Make sure the translation is certified by the translator (search the forum for examples of wording). Make sure the certificate is the actual certification that a marriage took place and not just a certificate of permission to go have the marriage. Since they seem to have trouble understanding that the certificate is authorized, you may want to have your translator also translate any certifications or seals on the marriage certificate. Above all, don't fret... once you provide the information requested they will process it on a priority basis (you won't have to go through the whole waiting period to get to the front of the line again). :)

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Sarsoor, please send in the copy of the certificate and of the translation again. Make sure the translation is certified by the translator (search the forum for examples of wording). Make sure the certificate is the actual certification that a marriage took place and not just a certificate of permission to go have the marriage. Since they seem to have trouble understanding that the certificate is authorized, you may want to have your translator also translate any certifications or seals on the marriage certificate. Above all, don't fret... once you provide the information requested they will process it on a priority basis (you won't have to go through the whole waiting period to get to the front of the line again). :)

Also check on the RFE notification; they may actually be asking for the original this time.

Any Egyptian filers have trouble with this?

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, I also replied to your other post, hope you get one of them :lol:

When I submitted the I-130 for my husband on August 8th, I sent BOTH copies of the marriage certificate, the Arabic copy and the translated English copy.

Be sure to read over your Arabic AND English copy to be sure there aren't any mistakes. My husband and I went through a lot because there were mistakes on our issued Arabic marriage certificate. My husband had to go through alot to get these corrected and to get the document re-stamped and re-certified. Also, when the Arabic copy is translated to English, they are using a template. So, when my husband sent me the translated copy, I noticed that they didn't have HIS name on the English copy, but the name of the person who (most likely) came before us! So he went through a lot to get this corrected, too. I’m sure we saved a lot of time by catching these mistakes before sending in the I-130 package.

So, I'm just saying any of these things can cause a RFE.

Finally, whenever sending documents during this immigration journey, I recommend sending a cover letter, and putting the items in order so the person looking through your papers can easily find what they need, mine was like this:

Please find the following enclosed documents:

1) Check in the amount of $420.00 – Filing Fees

2) Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

3) Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative

4) Copy of Birth certificate of the Petitioner

5) Copy of marriage certificate (Arabic language)

6) Copy of marriage certificate (English translation)

7) Copy of Petitioners’ Divorce document

8) Copy of Beneficiary’s Divorce document (Arabic language)

9) Copy of Beneficiary’s Divorce document (English translation)

10) Form G-325A for Petitioner

11) Form G-325A for Beneficiary

12) One passport-style photo of Petitioner

13) One passport-style photo of Beneficiary

14) Two affidavits sworn to by third parties (Arabic language)

15) Two affidavits sworn to by third parties (English translation)

io7uy9xfh.png

31d2919881.png

bdcc5f377b.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I had the same problem recently and just sent it out on Monday. They request a certified marriage certificate with translation even though I already have sent it in. What I did was make a copy of the original marriage certificate and got it translated/certified AGAIN and sent it in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.