kikaymo

K1 and K2 Visa

8 posts in this topic

Hi for those who have replied regarding my query about e-filing, thanks much.. I just can't find my way to reply since i'm a new member here.. Anyways, my new query is..i will be applying for a K1 visa and so my son will obtain a K2 visa since he will be named in the petition, right? Now, will the Consulate at the Embassy provide 2 separate forms for me and for my son? or just that one set for me will do? Also, i will be paying $100 for the K1 visa application, will i also have a separate payment of $100 for my son obtaining the K2 visa? Hope to hear from you guys..Thanks much in advance.. :help:

Filed: Timeline

kikaymo,

.....i will be applying for a K1 visa and so my son will obtain a K2 visa since he will be named in the petition, right?

Not necessarily. All children are to be identified in the petition whether or not they will apply for visas.

Now, will the Consulate at the Embassy provide 2 separate forms for me and for my son? or just that one set for me will do? Also, i will be paying $100 for the K1 visa application, will i also have a separate payment of $100 for my son obtaining the K2 visa? .....

Each visa applicant needs to submit appropriate application forms and documentation, and the processing fee. What K2 (and K4) visa applicants do no need is their own approved petition.

Yodrak

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Each visa applicant needs to submit appropriate application forms and documentation, and the processing fee. What K2 (and K4) visa applicants do no need is their own approved petition.

Yodrak

I think what Yodrak meant was "do not need is their own approved petition."

My goal for today is to simply correct all of Yodrak's typo's :D

Edited by fwaguy

YMMV

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
mags,

One filing fee for what - the petition (correct) or the visa application (wrong, unless you were extremely lucky and someone in the consular section made a mistake).

Yodrak

My son (K-2) was on MY petition. We only paid one filing fee.

We paid one fee for the initial I-129f application. Then, we paid for each visa (the K-1 AND K-2) with the payment slips provided in packet 4; £63 each if I recall correctly. £126 in total.

Sorry, I didn't make myself very clear did I? :)

Edited by mags

Filed: Timeline

mags,

No, 'fraid not, especially since kikaymo was asking about the visa processing fee.

Thanks for the clarification.

Yodrak

mags,

One filing fee for what - the petition (correct) or the visa application (wrong, unless you were extremely lucky and someone in the consular section made a mistake).

Yodrak

My son (K-2) was on MY petition. We only paid one filing fee.

We paid one fee for the initial I-129f application. Then, we paid for each visa (the K-1 AND K-2) with the payment slips provided in packet 4; £63 each if I recall correctly. £126 in total.

Sorry, I didn't make myself very clear did I? :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.