TCarey

Medical Exam Argentina

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have my medical exam on January 28th, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on that. I read everything I have to bring to the exam, and the forms that I'll have to fill in. However, I read that women had to get a gynecological exam, but I dont see that in the forms I dowloaded from this website. Also do they test urine and blood, or just one of them? And what do they test for? Im healthy, and dont take any drugs, so I think I'll be ok. Im just getting nervous because the date is so close!!

Thanks!

Hi all, I have my medical exam on January 28th, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on that. I read everything I have to bring to the exam, and the forms that I'll have to fill in. However, I read that women had to get a gynecological exam, but I dont see that in the forms I dowloaded from this website. Also do they test urine and blood, or just one of them? And what do they test for? Im healthy, and dont take any drugs, so I think I'll be ok. Im just getting nervous because the date is so close!!

Thanks!

Hi! If the exam is the same as for k1 holders, you don't need to fill out any form. Just make sure you bring all your vaccines records and the doc will be the one filling out the right form. On the first visit he'll send you to have a chest x ray taken (cheap way to check for TB) and a blood test (just checking for stds, only Sifilis if I can recall correctly). On the second visit he does a basic physical exam and hands you an envelope with the results. No gynecological exam, no urine... You've been reading way too much VJ! Lol

Nothing weird, relax. If you're going to see Dr. Kelly, he's great!

K1 NOA1: April 18th, 2012
K1 NOA2: October 25th, 2012 (190 days at VSC, NO RFE)
NVC number: November 1st, 2012 (7 days after NOA2)
INTERVIEW: November 29th, 2012 (APPROVED)
POE: December 14th, 2012 (Miami)
MARRIAGE: December 21st, 2012 (the end of the world! lol)
AOS SENT: December 26th, 2012
AOS NOA1: December 31st, 2012
AP/EAD NOA1: December 28th, 2012
BIOMETRICS: January 31st, 2013
AP/EAD APPROVAL: February 20th, 2013
AP/EAD card in the mail: March 2nd, 2013

GREEN CARD APPROVED: September 17th, 2013 (no interview)

Thanks guys! Thats just what I needed. Its for the IR-1 / CR-1 Visa, but the doctors are the same: Grillo and Kelly. I picked Dr. Grillo, and she sounded friendly too, so I hope it all goes well.

You are right though... I should totally stop reading every post on VJ =D

You're welcome and good luck! :)

K1 NOA1: April 18th, 2012
K1 NOA2: October 25th, 2012 (190 days at VSC, NO RFE)
NVC number: November 1st, 2012 (7 days after NOA2)
INTERVIEW: November 29th, 2012 (APPROVED)
POE: December 14th, 2012 (Miami)
MARRIAGE: December 21st, 2012 (the end of the world! lol)
AOS SENT: December 26th, 2012
AOS NOA1: December 31st, 2012
AP/EAD NOA1: December 28th, 2012
BIOMETRICS: January 31st, 2013
AP/EAD APPROVAL: February 20th, 2013
AP/EAD card in the mail: March 2nd, 2013

GREEN CARD APPROVED: September 17th, 2013 (no interview)

Thanks guys! Thats just what I needed. Its for the IR-1 / CR-1 Visa, but the doctors are the same: Grillo and Kelly. I picked Dr. Grillo, and she sounded friendly too, so I hope it all goes well.

You are right though... I should totally stop reading every post on VJ =D

I have my medical appointment on the 5th of February, also with Dr. Cricket :) Let me know how it goes for you, so I know what to expect!

Thank you!! And good luck!! :star:

Relationship and I-130 Process

Sometime in October, 2011: We met online talking about Argentina.
Later in October: Met in person in Philadelphia and became good friends.
March 4, 2012: Became girlfriend and boyfriend, officially.
March 21: Gloria leaves the US at the end of her J-1 Visa.
April 9: Got engaged!
May 12-26: Chris visits Buenos Aires.
May 18: Got married in Argentina :) Happy day!!
May 29: Sent out I-130
June 4: NOA1 received.
August 17-20: Chris visits again.
September 22-29: Chris 3rd visit, Gloria's birthday!
November 11-January 5: Chris stays in Argentina almost 2 months, Gloria is happy!
December 28: NOA2 YAY!!!
December 31: Package received at NVC.
January 18, 2013: Got case # and IIN.
February 6: Case complete!!
February 11: Interview assigned.
February 25: Package received at Embassy in Buenos Aires.
March 18: Interview Approved!!
March 28: Visa received.
March 29: Houston POE

April 11: received greencard!!!!!!!

January 9, 2015: sent out form I-751

Hey! I had the interview today, and Dr. Cricket is great! :thumbs: I had the appointment at 8am, and she sent me to have a chest x-ray taken, and a blood test. The place where you do this is right around the corner, and its called Trinidad Medical Center.

The "second interview" was at 12pm, and there I had a clinical exam. Everything was fast, and the doctor is really nice. They check your weight and height, and your vision. They ask you if you have any addictions, if you had surgery, and those rutine questions. The weirdest thing is that you have to show the dr. your genitals... which is not really comfortable.

Take 1 picture, your vaccinations, and all in all it cost me $400ARG. Let me know if I you need anything else! Good luck!!! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.