aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Dee~ You do not have to file for AOS within the 90 days. It is highly recommened but not required. Once the 90 days are up then Dave is technically "out of status". As long as it isn't for an extended period of time (more than a couple months) he should be just fine. An time accumulated out of status is 99% of the time forgiven because the immigrant is married to a US citizen. I have seen it before on VJ and people are just fine. Just take your time getting AOS together and file when you are ready. Just make sure its not to long after your 90 days are up. Breathe! Relax! You are fine (F)

Thanks!!

That makes me feel a bit better, but I am still going to get the ball rolling, and still hopefullly get it sent in by the 15th .

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
For those of you that have filed for AOS, what did you do about the vaccination supplement. It only states that you "may" submit it with the AOS application but it doesn't require it. Squito told me that they took his vaccination forms in the packet at the airport. We're hoping to just send off what we've got and hope for the best. I pray that we don't get an RFE.... :unsure:

I want to stop dealing with this immigration madness. It really takes a toll on you. I'm also full swing with planning our big wedding and that takes up most of my free time. I'm really looking forward to it but it's a labor of love. There's so much to do, I feel like July 15th is coming too fast!! I can't believe it's already March!!! Sorry for the long post... :whistle:

Does Mr. S have any proof of his vaccinations? Andre had a little card that he had from JA that he got from the doc. A lot of people have been getting RFE's for the vaccination supplement so we included it. Basically you have to take the proof of your vaccinations to a civil surgeon and if your vaccinations are up to date they will fill out a form (I-693A) and give you a sealed copy as well as a regular copy. You send the sealed copy with AOS. If you need shots they will administer them (or you can go somewhere else) and then prove you got them and have them fill out the form. You have to have the sealed copy from the CS. Whether you send it in or take it to the interview is the gray area. We sent it as I wanted to assure no RFE. It is really up to you guys. Good luck (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

For those of you that have filed for AOS, what did you do about the vaccination supplement. It only states that you "may" submit it with the AOS application but it doesn't require it. Squito told me that they took his vaccination forms in the packet at the airport. We're hoping to just send off what we've got and hope for the best. I pray that we don't get an RFE.... :unsure:

I want to stop dealing with this immigration madness. It really takes a toll on you. I'm also full swing with planning our big wedding and that takes up most of my free time. I'm really looking forward to it but it's a labor of love. There's so much to do, I feel like July 15th is coming too fast!! I can't believe it's already March!!! Sorry for the long post... :whistle:

Does Mr. S have any proof of his vaccinations? Andre had a little card that he had from JA that he got from the doc. A lot of people have been getting RFE's for the vaccination supplement so we included it. Basically you have to take the proof of your vaccinations to a civil surgeon and if your vaccinations are up to date they will fill out a form (I-693A) and give you a sealed copy as well as a regular copy. You send the sealed copy with AOS. If you need shots they will administer them (or you can go somewhere else) and then prove you got them and have them fill out the form. You have to have the sealed copy from the CS. Whether you send it in or take it to the interview is the gray area. We sent it as I wanted to assure no RFE. It is really up to you guys. Good luck (L)

Anthony took his card and a DS form (I forgot the rest of the number) and got the civil surgeon to complete the I-693A) which is the supplement. Good luck on the journey!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone (F)

I can't find the cord that links the pics from camera to computer, and I've been so busy after class and work these past few weeks I haven't had time to go to a photolab.

I'm still reading and catching up.

Jojo congrats - I hope you get your interview before May

Anna - I wish you and Javon all the best and godspeed in filing

Eliz - congrats on the progress Henry's making! I will keep you in prayer

Rita - you looked so pretty! Congrats newlywed :)

Mindy - your big day is right around the corner - can't wait to hear about it

Squit - we're in the same boat (massive wedding planning) - have you sent AOS out yet?

SJB - hey sweetie! Still waiting to hear about your greencard?

Jamie - Milo and Nemo are precious :)

Kimone and Sbys - how is pregnancy coming along?

Eric - I wish you and N all the best and an APPROVAL with this case

Thrdancer (sp - I know I jacked it all up LOL) - a black pearl ring? I would love to see pics

Dee/Dave - you'll be fine, take your time and get the papers together before you send them off

Together, AnnTaylor, Luvtravlin, Christine, Tank, Doodle - how are you all ?

Am I forgetting anyone? If so, please charge it to my head and not my heart (still catching up)

Edited by Jonesie

N-400 - Naturalization/Citizenship

10/26/12 - Sent N-400 packet to Phoenix lockbox via USPS mail w/Certified Delivery, received 10/29/12, check cashed 11/02/12

11/05/12 - NOA-1 received, notice date 10/31/2012, received and priority date 10/29/2012

11/09/12 - Biometrics notice received, biometrics appointment date 11/19/12

11/21/12 - In line for interview scheduling (letter received via USPS mail 12/17/12)

01/16/13 - N-400 interview/testing - APPROVED! Oath ceremony letter received late Jan. 2013

02/26/13 - OATH CEREMONY COMPLETED - NATURALIZED US CITIZEN!

751 - Removing Conditions

06/28/08 - Sent 751 packet to CSC via USPS Priority Mail (signature required)

07/05/08 - NOA received, dated 6/30/08

10/23/08 - Card ordered: APPROVED! (USCIS website)

10/30/08 - 10 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

K-1 and AOS

07/07/05 - K1 Packet received - USPS tracking

09/19/05 - K1 approval online

12/01/05 - 1st K1 interview in Kingston: need updated birth certificate

12/13/05 - 2nd K1 interview in Kingston: Approved!

05/01/06 - AOS/EAD packet received

08/09/06 - AOS interview in SF: APPROVED!

08/19/06 - 2 YR GREENCARD RECEIVED

-----------

Live your life!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Mrs Squitto - I actually called USCIS about that. They recommended to do what you are doing - just send nothing and if you get an RFE, then you can send the vaccination supplement at that time. The guy said to do it that way because some officers (who are doing the processing, I can't remember what they are called) RFE it and some don't.

I called around to civil surgeons to see how difficult it would be to get it in the first place, I found a really nice place that made it simple so I decided to get it done and send it with the original submission so we wouldn't have a chance of an RFE. That and I was afraid of it passing through and then getting to the interview and have them request it and I didn't have it.

any assistance with the vaccination supplement question will be greatly appreciate :thumbs:

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

True :thumbs: If he accumulates any time "out of status" then he can not leave the country until he has the green card as the time out of status will trigger a ban if he tries to come back into the US from another country.

:( , but I don't think we'll be able to go back to JA until next year, so that's okay, I guess, US Virgin Islands here we come ;)

None in our area :(

Edited by Dee&Dav

Timeline

Jonesie - the pregnancy is going great! Thanks for checking on me :) --can't wait to see your pics when you get them up.

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

Timeline
So Lee when are you going send off the petition? have you started to fill out the peper work yet? Or are ya'll waiting for more time for the relationship to grow???

Joanna, we've been having some BIG 'fusses' :angry: lately and are going to take a break. Even still, I'm trying to develop some idea of what type of wedding I want whenever I do get married again. :yes:

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Nice to see you Julie! Glad everything is ok with the baby.

Jonesie- Glad you are good! Can't wait to see pics :yes:

Well wish us luck at the biometrics tomorrow!!! :thumbs:

I will let you all know how it goes

Good night (L)

Goog luck Jamie and Thanks again for all your help :luv:

Timeline

That's right Jamie - good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Hope everything goes smoothly.

Joanna - I got really nervous when you said a may interview and a July wedding date. You just never know when something could go wrong at the Embassy - I know a few of us got held up for odd reasons. When we were there they were having printing problems - it only moved us back by days, but I know others waited a lot longer. Good luck with your decsion - that's a tough one.

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

WE'RE DONE!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
That's right Jamie - good luck at your appointment tomorrow! Hope everything goes smoothly.

Joanna - I got really nervous when you said a may interview and a July wedding date. You just never know when something could go wrong at the Embassy - I know a few of us got held up for odd reasons. When we were there they were having printing problems - it only moved us back by days, but I know others waited a lot longer. Good luck with your decsion - that's a tough one.

I agree...I did hours and hours of research and even had a lawyer and our case was "rock solid" according to them and we got a 221g. You never know what the embassy will throw at you and you never know what new documents might be required from now until then...things are always changing. We were delayed by over 2 months and I know it isn't so common but it was a TOTAL shock to us. I am very glad we didn't put money down on anything because we would have been out. Whatever you decide...be very careful and if you can get some sort of return policy - all the better. Good Luck :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.