aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
He wants the dang Razr cell phone soooooo bad and we got into our 1st big argument the other day about it....finally I told him fine then go get it and waste our money that we have been saving...he does not realize that in the US you have to buy a cell phone from the company that you have service with or the phone will not work...

Razr are certainly a Jamaican desire, a status symbol thing. My wife wants a Pink one (the most expensive). I told her I'd get her one, but will not have her get one in JA. They are over 30,000J there. On Ebay you can get an unlocked one for about $250US, which can work with any SIM Card. Funny thing is, I found a better phone (More features) Motorola MPX-220, which is an MP3 player, and can play video's uploaded from your PC. She still wants the Razr.

She'll get it when I go down for the interview.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I just found out that my honey is very sick with a high fever and has been refusing to go to the hospital all day.

I told him that he better go and he agreed to let his mom take him. I don't know what it is with these men; he is so hard headed! Please keep us in your thoughts.

Michele, I do hope your honey goes to the hospital like he agreed. Was he going to go tonight? He will probably need some type of antibiotic since he has a fever. This has to be tough for you since you're not able to be with him while he is sick. Keep checking to make sure he goes.

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Filed: Timeline

He wants the dang Razr cell phone soooooo bad and we got into our 1st big argument the other day about it....finally I told him fine then go get it and waste our money that we have been saving...he does not realize that in the US you have to buy a cell phone from the company that you have service with or the phone will not work...

Razr are certainly a Jamaican desire, a status symbol thing. My wife wants a Pink one (the most expensive). I told her I'd get her one, but will not have her get one in JA. They are over 30,000J there. On Ebay you can get an unlocked one for about $250US, which can work with any SIM Card. Funny thing is, I found a better phone (More features) Motorola MPX-220, which is an MP3 player, and can play video's uploaded from your PC. She still wants the Razr.

She'll get it when I go down for the interview.

Ok Eric I needed that...so he is not the only one that wants one of those phone....although he is not in JA right now he is working on a cruise ship and sees other people with it...so he wants one....He has a US phone right now under my Cingular plan and I can get a Razr for $99.00 but i would have to update my account...I still have a rally good plan under the old At&t and to get the Razr at that price I would have to switch my plan (which I dont want to do right now) to Cingular...I will check out ebay thanks.

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Timeline
SJB~ Fortunatly the racism thing hasn't come up to much...and the rules and manners :whistle: Working on that :yes:

I think one of the big issues is the fact that we are now on my "turf" and not on his. It was all good and dandy in JA where he knew how to shop, get transportation, handle all sorts of various issues as they would arise...he got to show off his stuff so to speak. I wasn't completely helpless but to a certain extent (especially on the first few trips) I didn't no ####### and I was very naïve. I was the one that everyone (Andre included) joked about because I did something out the norm, or the way I said a word in patois, the outfit I chose to wear, the way I did my hair...granted it was all in fun and friendly laughter...not really laughing at me but it was towards ME. They were joking about my naïve self and the way us "white girls" acted.

That’s the key. Now that Andre is the one that the joking is towards it is not ok to him...all of sudden its not ok to laugh anymore because it's about him. He is now the one that people joke about...the way he says slang in English or the way he perceives certain things, nothing that is serious or a real problem...again its amongst family and friends (even the friends he has made on his own) and its all out of love but he takes it so personally...especially coming from me. Like he thinks I am out to sabotage him or make him look stupid in front of people. What he doesn't realize is that it is exactly what happened to me when I first got to JA. It was me learning to fit in and adapt...joking was part of the learning process...and I agree at times what I did was funny and I even laughed at myself. If I were to have taken things so seriously I never would have made it through my first trip. I have talked to him about it many times and have been as sensitive as humanly possible...but there comes a time where he is being ULTRA overly sensitive and he isn't even fun to be around. Honestly this is the biggest struggle. This has caused many fights and many shed tears.

Anyone else experience this kind of thing?

my husband is exactly like that. welcome to the nature of jamaican men. over all they are very loving but pride will kill them.

Edited by simone24

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
my husband is exactly like that. welcome to the nature of jamaican men. over all they are very loving but pride will kill them.

AMEN! :yes::yes::yes:

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Timeline

SJB~ Fortunatly the racism thing hasn't come up to much...and the rules and manners :whistle: Working on that :yes:

I think one of the big issues is the fact that we are now on my "turf" and not on his. It was all good and dandy in JA where he knew how to shop, get transportation, handle all sorts of various issues as they would arise...he got to show off his stuff so to speak. I wasn't completely helpless but to a certain extent (especially on the first few trips) I didn't no ####### and I was very naïve. I was the one that everyone (Andre included) joked about because I did something out the norm, or the way I said a word in patois, the outfit I chose to wear, the way I did my hair...granted it was all in fun and friendly laughter...not really laughing at me but it was towards ME. They were joking about my naïve self and the way us "white girls" acted.

That’s the key. Now that Andre is the one that the joking is towards it is not ok to him...all of sudden its not ok to laugh anymore because it's about him. He is now the one that people joke about...the way he says slang in English or the way he perceives certain things, nothing that is serious or a real problem...again its amongst family and friends (even the friends he has made on his own) and its all out of love but he takes it so personally...especially coming from me. Like he thinks I am out to sabotage him or make him look stupid in front of people. What he doesn't realize is that it is exactly what happened to me when I first got to JA. It was me learning to fit in and adapt...joking was part of the learning process...and I agree at times what I did was funny and I even laughed at myself. If I were to have taken things so seriously I never would have made it through my first trip. I have talked to him about it many times and have been as sensitive as humanly possible...but there comes a time where he is being ULTRA overly sensitive and he isn't even fun to be around. Honestly this is the biggest struggle. This has caused many fights and many shed tears.

Not just the men... :)

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Timeline

Goodnight, and respect to all the yardies here that are coupling and linkin up. My husband is on the

last part of his journey. He have his medical exam to do and still he dont have all of his shot it seems.

Does anyone know were he can get them done before he go to the embassy doctor. he has been told

that the rest of his shot will cost him 7000ja. So if you know anything let me know about it. thanks & peace to everybody stay strong.

~Maria & Adrian~

I-130 Sent 04-004-2005

I-130 NOA1 04-08-2005

I-130 Approved 08-03-2005

Received DS-3032/I-864 08-05-2005

Pay I-864 Bill 09-10-2005

Received I-864 Package 09-18-2005

Visit Hubby 09-29-10-04-2005

Return Completed DS3032 10-08-2005

Receive IV Bill 10-29-2005

Pay IV Bill 11-14-2005

Receive Instruction Pkg 11-28-2005

Case Complete at NVC 12-29-2005

Left NVC 12-29-2005

Packet Received 02-17-2006

Interview Date 03-16-2006

Visa Denied 03-16-2006

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

It has been awhile since I've been on here. I hope everyone is doing well. I really haven't had much time to catch up on all the news (good or bad). I hope to do so soon. Congratulations on all of the good news!! And for the not so good news, I hope that everything will work out soon!

I've been really busy lately. Also, trying to research the D.C./Virginia area b/c i think that I will have to move there around August for a few years. I hope that won't have a negative affect on my paperwork process.

Anyhow, take care everyone and I'll be checking in periodically. I wish I could check this site at work b/c I would be on all day.

Saundra

Hello Saundra. I live in Maryland but work in DC and from Virginia. So please let me know if you need any questions about the area. Where are you moving from? Take care

Well I'm moving from Alabama. I've been consumed with trying to figure out where I want to live. I'm so picky though. I know that the cost of living is crazy compared to where I live in Alabama. I have heard about how bad the commute is. I'm looking into the Dulles and Fairfax areas in Virginia also a few apartments in the Camp Springs and Suitland, MD areas. I wanted a townhome but they are outrageous price wise. What is your opinion of these areas? I want to live in a safe and comfortable area without it taking me 2 hours to get to work in the Ft. Belvoir area.

Thanks alot.

Oh, where in MD do you live? (apartment, single family home, townhome?)

They haven't written us back yet. I did find out some very interesting information though. On our DS230 that we sent in during Henry's interview we listed his daughter and checked that she would be following him at a later date.

My interpretation: we could file for her in the future and she would have her name in the system as his daughter/my stepdaughter.

Their interpretation: we essentially filed for a K2 without realizing it.

The visa is still valid up to one year from Henry's entry. So technically we could have her come up and adjust status...etc. BUT we don't want to do that yet. We just want her to be able to visit. I can't believe I goofed this. It's very misleading and quite frankly, I studied this stuff and can't believe I missed this detail. Now I am trying to find out if we let the K2 expire if we can somehow gain new evidence and appeal the embassies decision. I have two calls out to my congressman...hoping they can draft a letter on our behalf. Also waiting on a couple veteran VJ'ers to give me their input. I'm still in shock that I fu!@ed this one up. I feel at blame and it sucks. We thought it was all going to go so smooth.

I have heard that it is a good thing that she is in the documentation, however Kingston sees it as us trying to do two things at once. Potentially travel and immigrate with a K2 AND obtain a travel visa. It doesn't make any sense.

I'll post more as I plow through this adventure.

This does not make sense to me. I understand your frustration. I marked the DS 230 the same way you did and my interpretation was the same as yours. How can they assume you filed for K2? And if that was the way they thought, did you receive a K2 visa for him in his passport?

Don't be so hard on yourself. Your mistake in my opinion was not a stupid error. I'm not just saying that b/c I did the same thing. If we filed for a visitor's visa, I wonder what they would tell us.

Keep me posted!

Goodnight, and respect to all the yardies here that are coupling and linkin up. My husband is on the

last part of his journey. He have his medical exam to do and still he dont have all of his shot it seems.

Does anyone know were he can get them done before he go to the embassy doctor. he has been told

that the rest of his shot will cost him 7000ja. So if you know anything let me know about it. thanks & peace to everybody stay strong.

I'm not exactly sure where he can go. It depends on where he lives. I would check to see if they have a health dept. in his area. Also, if he can't find one, they will give him all the shots he needs at his medical appt. You will just have to pay a little bit more possibly.

Best wishes on your interview!!

10/03/2009 Mailed N-400

10/05/2009 Package received in Lewisville, TX

10/09/2009 Check cashed

10/13/2009 Received Receipt notice with a 10/8/09 priority date

10/23/2009 Received Biometrics letter

11/02/2009 Biometrics apt

11/11/2009 Case sent to local office for interview scheduling

11/21/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled-Approved!!!!

12/15/2009 Oath Ceremony

JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!

Timeline

you are right. god knows i tell my family all the time that pride will kill us all.

Timeline

I think one of the big issues is the fact that we are now on my "turf" and not on his.

you are right. god knows i tell my family all the time that pride will kill us all.

Temper too, I always thought it was a family thing until I started spending more time on the island. One of my biggest fears is when my wife gets here someone will make a pass at her and she'll knock them out...

It's going to be a big adjustment for her. I hope she can handle the adjustment, I couldn't adjust to living in JA.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Timeline
I'm trying to get finished up here at work so I can get out of here early. We're leaving tomorrow :dance: so I won't be on here for about a week. I may check back in tonight if I have time. If not:

Mindy: Good luck & best wishes on your upcoming wedding day! (L):D

Elizabeth: Hope your mom feels better soon :thumbs:

Jamie: Hang in there! You guys will get through it. :luv:

Joanna: Wishing you a speedy Packet 3 :yes:

Rita: Hope you're enjoying the "honeymoon phase" :devil:

Everyone else, have a great week and weekend and I'll be back soon :P

Rhonda, a belated safe and wonderful trip. :luv:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Ok Jamie and Rhonda...Your scaring me!!! :lol::hehe: ...but I guess these are things we all need to know ahead of time...It is great that I have people like ya'll that have "been there done that" so you can tell me what is ahead and maybe give some insight as of how to handle the situation.

Ditto that!! And I've been married before, so I should know. But before, he was the miser and took care of all of the bills and he was from the states and knew exactly how expensive things were. I don't think Trevor has a clue no matter how much I try to:bonk: pound it in his head. I am really trying very hard to prepare him for all of the adjustments that he will have to make, but sometimes I don't think I am getting through. :(

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks on all the compliments about wedding pics....you all are too kind!! I did truly feel like a princess that day. As soon as I get the colored pics on disc I will add them.

I think it helped Tashi seeing that he is not the only one that gets depressed and feels like he is locked up in the house. There is no real public transportation here and we live in a prodominantly white sub-division. I keep telling him it will get better once the weather gets nicer and he is able to start working. I agree with money and bills being a misconception......he knows that I am struggling with money issues so feels bad if he has to ask for something. I am gonna call today to see about GED classes for him. Now that the wedding drama is done I need to get started on AOS stuff. Do we need to send proof with the paperwork or keep it for the interview??

Blessings,

Rita

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey Gang!

I know it has been a long time and I deserve a smack, but I know y'all got nothing but mad love for me!.

It's been a busy, emotional and blest time for me and Mr P... but we are still very much in love and testing out this marriage thing together. I can't believe it has been six months in a few days since he got here... and, man oh man, I love me some Mr P.

To celebrate our 1st wedding annivesary, we will be going to Kenya at the begginning of May (and we will class it as our real honeymoon). No little patters of tiny Parker feet ... yet. Plenty of time for that... but I hear that a lot of you have filled in that role for me already.

I am going to try and catch up on the 40 pages, before it gets to 800!!!

Much Love

Miss P!

P.S... and remember that one week job that Mr P got when he came in September? Well, he is still there... six months on!

God is Good!

"... but the greatest of these is love" Corinthians 13

Timeline
Hey Gang!

I know it has been a long time and I deserve a smack, but I know y'all got nothing but mad love for me!.

It's been a busy, emotional and blest time for me and Mr P... but we are still very much in love and testing out this marriage thing together. I can't believe it has been six months in a few days since he got here... and, man oh man, I love me some Mr P.

To celebrate our 1st wedding annivesary, we will be going to Kenya at the begginning of May (and we will class it as our real honeymoon). No little patters of tiny Parker feet ... yet. Plenty of time for that... but I hear that a lot of you have filled in that role for me already.

I am going to try and catch up on the 40 pages, before it gets to 800!!!

Much Love

Miss P!

P.S... and remember that one week job that Mr P got when he came in September? Well, he is still there... six months on!

God is Good!

Glad to see you back Mrs. P. As for the smack and the love, here it is. :bonk:(L) That trip should be great, how long you going to be there?

Hi Shemonya. :luv:

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.