aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Update to add some good news:

Sorry to post only bad news. I do have some good news, so I will update my siggy. Henry got his learner's permit with his SS card, EAD and a utility bill. His road test is scheduled for end of March!!! Also he got a bank account and was added to my medical benefits. Dental giving me grief but I trust we will have that soon.

Thanks for all the love and prayers; you guys are the best!! (L)

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Sorry to post only bad news. I do have some good news, so I will update my siggy. Henry got his learner's permit with his SS card, EAD and a utility bill. His road test is scheduled for end of March!!! Also he got a bank account and was added to my medical benefits. Dental giving me grief but I trust we will have that soon.

Henry :thumbs: the rest will come soon.

Eizabeth...praying that your mom's suffering is lessened by your loving care (F)

Hello Everyone,

Glad things turned out great for Rita and Tashi and cannot wait to see some pics.

Well I just got back from Ft lauderdale, My parents went with me to meet Adrian, he got us passes to come on the ship, so my parents had lunch on the ship while he took me down to show me his cabin and some of the other places on the ship. He was a little embarassed to show my parents his cabin (it is very very small for 3 men to live in) so we just met up with them after they ate and then we went and drove around Ft lauderdale for a little bit. We got to ft lauderdale about 12 but we could not get on the ship till 1 so time was short since he had to be back to work at 4pm.....so anyway things where good, my dad said Adrian was a very quiet person and Adrian said that my dad was very quiet also...the only negative I heard from my parents is they said Adrian needed to wear pants that fit him (he wears them a bit big to try and make himself look not so skinny) and tuck in his shirt :lol::no::lol: ...but I thought he looked great....my parents are just old fashion.

Until Later, Joanna

Joanna,

This is great! If the only thing your parents complained about was how his clothes fit, everything is going to be just fine. :yes::yes:

Lee

:yes:

i am so frustrated right now. we are trying to get Henry's daughters tourist visa and the interview was this morning. after all the spending and organizing with the mother...it didn't go well. get this...

when i filed k1 it asks about any children. i put henry's daughter and checked the box "coming at a later date" becuase uscis advised me that i should do this in case we are ever going to file for her gc in the future.

we didn't even think about that in regards to the tourist visa...however kingston did. they told the mother that the daughters name was still in the system and that we have to clear that before they can approve the tourist visa. of course not only does the mother think we were planning on stealing the daughter...but i have no idea how to clear that out of our original application almost a year ago.

needless to say. before I begin to try and deal with kingston, i am on hold right now with uscis to see if they have any inside tips for me. they better, i've paid them enough money$!$!

d :star:

:( ...Dara, never a dull moment with this crazy immigration process. I'm sure everything will work out.

Dru-it must be a relief for you to get that assignment behind you. Hang in there.

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I added a few wedding pics to our yahoo site...I was gonna delete the others but couldnt figure out how to do it. I only have the black and white ones back in my possession the others are developed and with my aunt. I will post more as I get them. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

July 15 2005 Mailed K1 packet to NSC Day 1

July 18 2005 Packet received at NSC @ 10:40am Day 4

July 22 2005 Received NOA1 from NSC dated for July 18th Day 8

September 15 2005 Received NOA2 via email Day 63

September 21 2005 Received NOA2 via snail~mail Day 69

September 23-28 2005 Trip number 3

October 5 2005 Paperwork sent to Kingston Embassy!! Day 83

October 18 2005 Embassy has Packet 3 for pick up!! Day 96

October 21 2005 Packet 3 picked up!! Day 99

October 24 2005 Dropped off DS-230 & applied for police recordDay 102

October 27 2005 Picked up police record Day 105

November 28 2005 Medical Appointment Day 137

December 5 2005 Interview- Visa Approved Day 144

December 9 2005 WE FLY HOME TOGETHER!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry I've been gone so long. Everyones good news around the holiday started getting me depressed. I just kept thinking about the same time 2 years ago when I was expecting the GOOD news.

Nickiesha's case was sent to Kingston last week. Hopefullly the second time around things go better.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Timeline

Congratulations to Henry! He is moving along quite well. Do you have your appointment for interview for AOS yet?

Timeline
I added a few wedding pics to our yahoo site...I was gonna delete the others but couldnt figure out how to do it. I only have the black and white ones back in my possession the others are developed and with my aunt. I will post more as I get them. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

How does it feel being a married lady? I was going to look at your pictures but forgot my id for yahoo. That's what being a married lady does for you. Anthony and I went out today for GED class. He passed the pre-test but still wants to take the beginning classes to strengthen his math. We got receipts for AOS and EAD on Feb. 25.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
eric, i wish you luck on your case. did your wife receive an interview date yet?

Not yet, I just received notification of the case going to Kingston today dated the 23rd. If I recall correctly they usually schedule the interviews at the beginning of the month for the following month. If this policy is still in effect we should here something soon for a date in April.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Timeline
Sorry I've been gone so long. Everyones good news around the holiday started getting me depressed. I just kept thinking about the same time 2 years ago when I was expecting the GOOD news.

Nickiesha's case was sent to Kingston last week. Hopefullly the second time around things go better.

Eric, next time you feel depressed holla! We are all here for you. We have all had some good days and bad days and expect more of the same. We are thankful that there is so much love and support in the VJ family to help us through the day. We will keep you and your wife in our prayers. (L)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

(L) Good luck (L) Please keep us updated.

Rita, love the pictures. Your dress is beautiful.

Eric,

Good to see you back. We thought you moved to Jamaica again :lol: Hope your case goes well this time. Keep us in the loop.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Rita,

Your pics look so nice :yes: You've lost a lot of weight girl!! I want to see some colored pics too when you get them. How does it feel to be a married woman now? :D Now you get all the fun of filing for AOS, EAD, and AP :P

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome back Eric, you were missed. Glad things are looking up. How was your trip? And how has your daughter been enjoying boot camp. My daughter ships out to Iraq in June for the 2nd time. Again welcome back.

How does it feel being a married lady? I was going to look at your pictures but forgot my id for yahoo. That's what being a married lady does for you. Anthony and I went out today for GED class. He passed the pre-test but still wants to take the beginning classes to strengthen his math. We got receipts for AOS and EAD on Feb. 25.

That's good news, Ann. Everytime I think I am beginning this process, I, through my own fault, take two steps behind. :luv:

Rita, your pics are beautiful, I love the black and white, can't wait to see you guys in color :luv:

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.