LivA

Morocco question?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So I just get off the phone with my lawyers paralegal and he said what he saw by just by googling unapproved visas from Morocco was because people had met there fiances online.Now..being on this website for the past few months it sure seems like most people on here have met online. But then indeed afterwards meet there fiances in person. Now I do remember someone from the Morocco community on here once saying what they have seen over and over again by people not getting approved is people being to young and possibly only seeing there fiance one time in Morocco. Im going on my 7th trip and the 8th being for his interview each stay being 2 weeks except for 2 trips over the summer being for 6 weeks long. Am I crazy still to be nervous about us get unapproved? I mean I know it all boils down to what they ask him in the interview. But Im praying everyday for the best, when that day comes!

Hm, I am not to sure. The reason could be that Morocco has a very strict policy when it comes to approving visas. You are right about people meeting online and getting a fiance visa after meeting for only 1 time. It is very common in today's age with communication being as good as it ever has. I believe that with enough proof on your first submission, You will be ok. :)

I'm curious about this myself. I'm also in the K-1 process waiting on NOA2 for a fiance in Morocco. I have read so many horror stories about K1 visa denials at Casablanca, but others seem to go through without a problem. Does anyone actually have some statistics about the percentage of K1 applications that were approved or denied through Casablanca?

I don't think you're crazy for being nervous. I think it's normal after reading all the stories where K1s were denied, then the couples married in Morocco and followed the CR1 route. Personally, I think you'll be fine with 7 trips. Although I didn't meet my fiance online, we only have 4 trips.

Good luck to you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks 2far! Yes, I would like to see statistics also, it would be interesting to see. But... at the same time, it could make me even more nervous.lol

Good luck to you also.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't know the answer to the question but I wanted to wish you luck. We have decided to get married and go the Cr1 route and I am nervous too because who knows when it comes to Casablanca! Just from what I have read it seems that the more visits the better but I am certainly not an expert as I am just in the beginning stages myself. But I wanted to wish you good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I met my husband online and had only visited in person 1 time. My husband is 3 years older than me. Our visa process went through with very few hiccups and his

K-1 was issued. I also know that there are so many people here that have also been denied at Casablanca and they have visited several times and been together for years. I know that as my husbands interview date was approaching i too was on pins and needles playing the worry game but really you have to relax and trust that your fiance/husband knows you and is able to answer all the interviewers questions and also that he is relaxed while at the interview. These are some of the questions my husband was asked at his interview:

Is your fiances name Rebecca or Becky, why did she get married before, when did she get married, how long was she married and what year did she divorce, when and how did you meet her, when did you meet her in person and for how long, does she have children, how old are they, what are their hobbies, what are her parents names and where do they live, deos she have any brothers or sisters, what are their names,ages, and where do they live. Did you talk to them, Did she talk to your family, was she involved in any extra ciricular activities when she was in school, when did she stop school. Have you talked to any American before, have you been to any dating websites, who is her favorite singer.

I was never called by anyone at the Embassy to affirm answers or answer questions about him but i have heard its happened before to people here. I was not able to be in Morocco for his interview. Those are just some things about us and what happened. I dont know if it helped at all but he did his interview in English.

Edited by Rebecca616

Unfortunately, that's a very typical, general answer that people get from a lawyer's office that confuses the issue of denied visas out of Casa more than it helps. How much reading have you done here in the Middle East North Africa section of VJ LivA? If not much, I would strongly suggest doing an advanced search of "Casablanca" from the last several years and reading about others' experiences with this consulate. So many things have been discussed here about that consulate, regarding interviews, red flags, evidence of relationships and all that, and there's a lot of very specific information about Casablanca to be found here. It helped me tremendously, years ago, and hopefully it can help you and others too!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Now I do remember someone from the Morocco community on here once saying what they have seen over and over again by people not getting approved is people being to young and possibly only seeing there fiance one time in Morocco.

Its not about people being "too young"...the red flag would be a YOUNG Moroccan man + a much older American woman...that's the combo that seems to have a rough time. And I think many of the "horror stories" about denials, unfortunately, had this red flag in particular, and often other issues, like incomplete info, not enough evidence etc. And I think lots of people come here because they have drama and need help. The ones that fly through without a problem have no need for extra help and suggestions and may not even come to a website like this. And I do think doing the interview in English is a good thing (my husband did the same - we got our K-1 without any drama)...they want to know that you can really truly communicate, beyond just "whispering sweet nothings" :D Hopefully you're close in age, because it sounds like you're good to go in everything else....and even if you're not close in age, plenty still get approved, I wouldn't stress too much. :thumbs:

Edited by SaharaSunset

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just to add my two cents: on the communication thing, the CO doesn't just want to see that you CAN communicate with each other, but that you do communicate about important things... i.e. religion, kids, money management, things that real couples discuss. Through discussions like this is how couples learn about each other. Therefore the questions they ask at the interview are only relevant to an extent. The CO in the interview may ask only a few questions and give your fiancé an experience more like a conversation with a new friend, they may drill your fiancé with all kinds of questions he couldn't possibly know the answers to, or anything in between. It all depends on the demeanor of your fiancé during the interview. Best bet is for fiancé to be confident, completely honest, and to just keep talking. Talk the CO's ear off. If he doesn't know the answer to a question, he should own it and move on by substituting with something related that he DOES know.

Our K-1 Visa Timeline

• Jan 20th, 2012 - Mailed I-129F Package to VSC
  • Jan 31st, 2012 - NOA1 Received
  • Jul 11th, 2012 - NOA2 Received
  • Jul 17th, 2012 - Received at NVC/Case Number Assigned
  • Jul 19th, 2012 - Petition Sent to Casablanca Consulate
  • Jul 23rd, 2012 - Petition Received at Casablanca
  • Jul 27th, 2012 - Packet 3 Received
  • Sept 5th, 2012 - Interview (approved)
  • Sept. 7th, 2012 - Visa Received
  • November 16th, 2012 - POE: Atlanta, GA
  • December 1st, 2012 - Married
  • March 21st, 2013 - AOS Filed
  • March 29th, 2013 - I-485 NOA Received
  • June 19th, 2013 - Biometrics Appointment
  • July 11th, 2013 - EAD and AP Combined Card Received
  • September 20th, 2013 - NOID issued for missing immunization records
  • September 26th - 27th, 2013 - Obtained updated immunization, physical, sealed records from Civil Surgeon
  • October 3rd, 2013 - Immunization records mailed to USCIS Charlotte Office
  • October 8th, 2013 - Immunization records received at USCIS
  • October 29th, 2013 - I-485 Application to adjust status to Marriage Visa approved (no interview)
  • November 7th, 2013 - Restricted Green Card arrived
  • July 31st, 2015 - I-751 Removal of Conditions filed
  • August 3rd, 2015 - Received ROC NOA1
  • August 25th, 2015 - Biometrics appointment completed
  • July 14th, 2016 - Application for 10-year visa approved; new card in production
  • July 22nd, 2016 - 10-year visa received
  • September 6th, 2016 - Filed N-400 petition for naturalization
  • September 9th, 2016 - N-400 petition for naturalization received by USCIS - Texas Lockbox (September 9th priority date)
  • September 16th, 2016 - NOA received for N-400
  • October 7th, 2016 - Biometrics appointment
  • October 25th, 2016 - placed in line to receive naturalization interview date
  • February 27th, 2017 - interview scheduled
  • March 3rd, 2017 - NOA received for interview date
  • April 3rd, 2017 - naturalization interview - PASSED!
  • April 21st, 2017 Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I dont know if it helped at all but he did his interview in English.

I believe this is very helpful. My husband also did his in English at the Algerian embassy and he mentioned how happy, comfortable and friendly the interviewer got when my husband spoke English to him. Keep in mind French or Arabic will not be the COs first language and things may not be communicated or understood as well as if they were in English. Just a thought! :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.