relshamy

Egyptian embassy

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

OK so I am extremely annoyed right now because of the lack of communication from the dumb embassy in Egypt. The counsler section only works from 1-3 daily and guess what?? They don't even pick up their phone!!! I keep ringing for almost half an hour with no reply. I called the actual embassy they say maybe they are just busy so try emailing them. I tried ALL their emails and they have been bouncing back. I am just so annoyed by the lack of communication on their side and don't know what to do now. Taking an appt won't help cuz you have to wait for weeks. My fiance's packet is there now and we want to make an address change and request to expedite the interview. Has anyone here had experience with that embassy!! How can I contact them??? I am really annoyed.

Edited by relshamy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

consularcairoiv@state.gov is the email I used for the spouse visa.

I think the fiance visa address is

consularcaironiv@state.gov

Fiance interviews have been taking about 4.5 months to schedule from NVC date.

Good Luck expediting. I have not heard any successful expedites in cairo.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Thanks a lot. I think there might be a problem with their server because it keeps bouncing back.

They finally picked up after a 30 minute wait. The problem is the phone keeps ringing with no reassurance that someone will pick up. I had lost hope plenty of times before after about 15-20 minutes of continuous ringing and no answer but I insisted today and someone finally replied after 30 minutes.

She told me to keep sending the email for the expedite as many times till I don't get a "no delivery" email. Hmmm. That's a weird answer.

Timeline

I just sent an email and it did not bounce back.

Please copy and paste the email address that I wrote cause maybe you are typing it wrong

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

email works for my husband too

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Timeline

from my experience with them THEY DON'T EVEN LOOK TO EXPEDITES, I sent an expedite before to the NVC and it was forwarded to the embassy for 2 weeks no answer then I kept calling, they told me to send it directly to the embassy and they will respond in 24-48 hours but no answer still so I called them and they told me that the CO doesn't accept any expedites cuz of rushy time there only extreme like medical requests and mine was medical and I'm in Egypt now so she said okay send it again and wait for 24-48 hours then after 2 minutes from hanging up I got the refusal email so upsetting, they schedule like 300 DV lottery interview there and they never care for US citizens who are stuck away from their country, that's crazy, I even can apply for a new expedite for my husband exams in USA April 1st but I know there is no hope with those people..................................

Timeline

Hmmm That's too bad :( I also wanted to apply for an expedite because my fiance has an exam to take in the USA in April that's only offered twice a year. I emailed them about it last night, but I guess I won't put too much hope on it being approved :( thanks for reply and for your input!!

Timeline

Sorry for that but if he's taking the pharmacy test there so we are stuck with the same thing cuz mine is taking it too but with how those people at the embassy deal with us so no hope for April and maybe for Nov............

Timeline

I just called the embassy right now and told them about the exam, and they told me submit a request along with his packet 3 documents and they will try their best to fit us in.

I will do that. I guess it won't hurt and I will keep on trying to call and email them about the issue.

Try doing the same, you never know what would happen.

BTW, yes he's taking the pharmacy exam too :)

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey guys,

I have a question. Did any of you try expediting the NVC stage? Papers are supposed to be collected at the interview instead at NVC, which helps a lot. If anyone has information about that please help me out! I am having real issues and need to expedite as much as I can ...

Thanks ! :D

USCIS:
10.24.2012 - I-130 Sent
10.29.2012 - NOA1 Received (By email)
11.01.2012 - Check cashed
12.28.2012 - Online status says "RFE"
01.28.2013 - FINALLY got the RFE letter
01.30.2013 - Sent out the RFE response
02.15.2013 - NOA2

NVC
03.11.13: NVC Received
03.25.13: Case/IIN Received
03.25.13: DS-3032 sent (Supervisor Review)
03.26.13: Expedite Request sent (via Congressman)
03.26.13: Expedite Request forwarded to Embassy in Cairo
03.28.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.28.13: AOS bill invoiced
03.29.13: Pay AOS bill
04.07.13: AOS bill shows PAID
03.29.13: IV bill invoiced
03.29.13: Pay IV bill
04.07.13: IV bill shows PAID
04.11.13: AOS package sent
04.12.13: AOS package received
04.11.13: IV package sent
04.12.13: IV package received

04.24.13: Case complete
04.29.13: Interview scheduled

05.02.13: Medical Exam

05.03.13: Earlier Interview Request sent

05.06.13: Case left NVC

05.08.13: Case arrived at embassy

05.27.13: Interview - EGYPT - APPROVED ALHUMDUALLAH!

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.