Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Moving during ROC

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Our earliest date to file for ROC is 8/1/2013. And we are moving from existing apartment to another one in the same building in March 2013. I will file AR11 and if I am correct my US citizen husband is also supposed inform his change of address as he filed I-864 for me. Can someone know this for sure confirm please. Thanks.


01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only you for ROC (I751), I don't think that your US Citizen husband has to do anything...

UNLESS your husband has some petition pending with USCIS or NVC, he want to do it just in case he want to get the update for those petitions

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You, as the immigrant, need to file the AR-11 within 10 days of moving. Follow up on the phone a few days afterward [it's an online form] to confirm that the address changed. On vj you can search and see debates about the AR-11 not working, etc, etc, etc. What you'll find out if you read through all the topics, it appears that USCIS changes your address IF you have a current petition in-house. You will be changing address before having an active petition with USCIS. So, follow up on the phone to be sure the update goes through.

Your husband must also change his address. This is form I-865. Because he is your sponsor, USCIS needs to know if he moved also. He will received a mail confirmation of the change of address rather quickly...

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.