aiyou

A question regarding apartment lease

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all - I am a few months away from filing my N400. Our apartment lease was expired in September last year, however, our landlord didn't ask us to sign a new lease. We also would like not be locked in a long-term lease as we have plans to move to another state. My question is when I submit my N400 package, can I include the previous leases up till September of last year, along with the check copies from the bank post September 2012? any other alternatives or suggestions? Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Apparently, the idiots at the USCIS are totally unaware of marriage and divorce laws. Whether your name is on a piece of paper or not, in a divorce, half of it is yours, same with bills whether your name is on it or not, as a married spouse you are still liable for those bills. A marriage certificate should be enough, but not according to these idiots, want to see that piece of paper.

Have friends that had this same problem with joint leases or home ownership, just suggest you bring your old lease in and explain it. Typically, they just glance at it, I took the effort to yellow our joint names. In our case, wife's IO wanted to see a worthless joint ulitity bill, we didn't send that in as it is not required evidence, but she had the latest one in her folder. Also want to see out latest bank statement, Old one was four months old,she also had the latest one. Just being super picky on insignificant stuff.

But you have to be nice and go through it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I asked our landlord to sign a document stating that we were renting month by month at his location and that there was no signed lease as such. I was glad that I did as cohabitation proof was asked for by the officer and he gladly took the letter ( we don't have a formal lease),

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1357950378[/url]' post='5917448']

Thanks for the info! Do you mind let me know what kind of document you asked your landlord to sign? Is there a template I could use?

No I just wrote up that we were living at our address, that it was month to month, that we both lived there. It was just a couple of sentences and his name, address and cell phone was on it.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.