dukespecial

Using assets- need to be comfortably over?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you for creating this thread as we are in a very similar position. My wife will be returning to America on the 22nd of January and we have worked out she needs to really earn at least 12000 or thereabouts a year to qualify as I calculating the increase on the I864 as per last year so the new poverty line will be something like $19437. So 19437 - 11500 x 3 = $23811.

I have worked out at interview our savings should be around the $28000 mark. I did post previously on here (and another forum) and I was told that if you meet the requirements you meet them and there was no comfortably over to do with it especially if it was cash assets. So is there a comfortably over and if so are we going to be okay?!

The other thing is what if the income comes from two part time jobs, is this viewed as being less sustainable?

Sorry to hijack your thread but I didn't want to start a new one for such a similar situation and wish you all the best in your application!

EDIT: I thought this was the January 2013 post I was reading. Sorry for bringing up such an old topic!

Edited by dukespecial

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

"if you meet the requirements you meet them and there was no comfortably over" - that is not true. If you do NOT meet the requirements of income and/ or assets, they are not allowed to approve you. If you are over, they can still deny you at their discretion. Some embassies are more likely to do that than others, and I think London is pretty relaxed so if you are over the poverty line you are probably ok, especially if you have decent employment prospects in the near future, but no-one here can guarantee that.

Having part time jobs is fine in general, but it depends on how stable they themselves are.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.