Timeline

Asallamo alaykom and good

evening all

happy new year to all first of all

i apologie if i wil jump straight to the point, especialy for moroccans

immigrants, anyway here are my questions

first Qts: how much money that you can carry when leaving Morocco

heading to the US, and i mean the maximum you can take with you once

leaving a moroccan international airport ?

second Qts: about the POE which is better JFK or DULLES

about the poe's part your experiences are really helpful here which hope

other might like the topic and use it for their own similar cases and

experiences, i have tried alread the POE REVIEWS here in this website,

but it didn't offered enough clear information as most can agree here,

thank you a lot for either those who will just give time to rather read

or reply

may god bless you all, and best wishes for all to be approved to join

their lovers/spouses

rockvan.

3tkredx82dj.png

event.png

Go Ravens GO

I don't know the answers to 2 of your questions, but what I do know is you can't bring more than $10,000 in cash with you into the USA.

nope.

How much currency / money / monetary instruments can I bring into the U.S.?

There is no limit on the amount of money that can be taken out of or brought into the United States. However, if a person or persons traveling together and filing a joint declaration (CBP Form 6059-B) have $10,000 or more in currency or negotiable monetary instruments, they must fill out a "Report of International Transportation of Currency and Monetary Instruments" FinCEN 105 (former CF 4790).

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/195/~/currency-%2F-monetary-instruments---amount-that-can-be-brought-into-or-leave-the

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

nope.

How much currency / money / monetary instruments can I bring into the U.S.?

There is no limit on the amount of money that can be taken out of or brought into the United States. However, if a person or persons traveling together and filing a joint declaration (CBP Form 6059-B) have $10,000 or more in currency or negotiable monetary instruments, they must fill out a "Report of International Transportation of Currency and Monetary Instruments" FinCEN 105 (former CF 4790).

https://help.cbp.gov...to-or-leave-the

Ooops , make that 3 out of 3 that I don't know. Thanks for clarifying that!

Filed: Timeline

your best bet is go to BMC Bank, Popular Bank?...and ask to be exact.

As far as POE, my fiance and I flew into JFK and he was interviewed for an hour and was one of the last people to get done. It took hours, and I felt he wasnt treated very well with more questions than his interview in CASA. Be prepared in JFK for anything, a tough interview can be expected or not.

Re: the money the info referenced above by sandinista is the answer to the question about what amount can be taken out of/brought into the US. As noted by sandinista there's no limit.

If the question is what is the amount you are permitted by Moroccan authorities to take out of Morocco then the answer is $10k.

So if you're asking about US rules it's one answer. If you're asking about Moroccan laws it's another answer.

Re: POE we came through JFK a couple of years ago. They were fine, cordial, respectful, allowed me in the area he had to go in. The wait to be called took longer than the questions, which I remember taking about 5-10 minutes. My husband remembers the questioning taking a little longer - 15 minutes. So we were taking to an officer somewhere between 5-15 minutes. We had been waiting about 75 minutes prior to being questioned.

Overall I'd say it was a painless POE for him/us.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband isn't Moroccan but his POE was JFK. He said they asked him a few questions and he was done within a few minutes. No problems. I wasn't with him. This is experience was for his first time coming to the US. Now he had a far different experience coming into JFK 3 yrs later when he returned from a visit back home. He came back the day after the underwear bomber guy got caught in Detroit so they were scrutinizing anyone coming from the mid east. That day he was questioned and held for several hours. He missed his flight and couldn't come home until the next day.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Re: the money the info referenced above by sandinista is the answer to the question about what amount can be taken out of/brought into the US. As noted by sandinista there's no limit.

If the question is what is the amount you are permitted by Moroccan authorities to take out of Morocco then the answer is $10k.

So if you're asking about US rules it's one answer. If you're asking about Moroccan laws it's another answer.

Re: POE we came through JFK a couple of years ago. They were fine, cordial, respectful, allowed me in the area he had to go in. The wait to be called took longer than the questions, which I remember taking about 5-10 minutes. My husband remembers the questioning taking a little longer - 15 minutes. So we were taking to an officer somewhere between 5-15 minutes. We had been waiting about 75 minutes prior to being questioned.

Overall I'd say it was a painless POE for him/us.

Does that amount change if you are Moroccan or not? Just out of curiosity.

Here, it says the import and export of foreign currency is limited to amounts equivalent to £10000, that's a little over $16000 US dollars converted. So if you needed to move out more money than $10000 would you be able to get £10000, and then have the pounds converted to dollars once out of Morocco I wonder?

http://www.worldtravelguide.net/morocco/money-duty-free

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Ooops , make that 3 out of 3 that I don't know. Thanks for clarifying that!

No worries, I hadn't any idea how much foreign currency could be taken out of Morocco, so since that amount has a cap, it doesn't matter much, to the OP anyways, how much you can bring in to the US!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

Does that amount change if you are Moroccan or not? Just out of curiosity.

Here, it says the import and export of foreign currency is limited to amounts equivalent to £10000, that's a little over $16000 US dollars converted. So if you needed to move out more money than $10000 would you be able to get £10000, and then have the pounds converted to dollars once out of Morocco I wonder?

http://www.worldtravelguide.net/morocco/money-duty-free

I understand it to be $10k for Moroccans.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, don't know whats the max but my husband came with only $300 from morocco. And his port of entry was JFK only because we found out that JFK was stamping the passport so that he is able to work, he said it did not take long, quick interview a few questions and he was on his way.

K-1

Met Online: October 2007

Went to Morocco : April 2009

Filed K-1: March 3, 2010

Interview: July 26, 2010

Visa in hand: August 2, 2010

US Entry: September 29, 2010

Married: October 1, 2010

Adjustment of Status

Filed AOS: December 29, 2010

Biometrics: February 10, 2011

Approved: February 28,2011

GC Received March 4, 2011

Lifting Conditions

Filed: December 17, 2012

Biometrics: February 4, 2013

Approved: April 29, 2013

GC Received: May 11, 2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello to All

I thank all the people who either just read or Answered about my questions,

it helped a little bit and clear about some matters to me here, and i hope it did offered informations to others who might be in same boat as i am

but actualy my first part of the questions, is because there is a limit on the amount of money you can take with you off the Country since i know people that have left the country with +5000$ in meanwhile the law says an moroccan Citizen who is about to leave the country must carry no more than 25.000Dh(3000$) so i want to know which part of this story is correct, is it what the law of the country says, or shall i just wait and see what the Moroccan Customs at any moroccan Airport and what will he/she says, and that is the mainpoint of my question from someone who is already been through the same situation to share some useful help for me and maybe for others, who knows...!

Again thank you all for all your replied and i apologie if i came back to my topic little bit late, is only because due to work and other Thing i had to look after

God Bless you all and thank you

3tkredx82dj.png

event.png

Go Ravens GO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.