H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Mashallah that's really nice hopefully we all get good news...Allah yistir

Was ur case completed from the Nvc

What do u mean completed?

I didn't send them the aos and the IV documents... my husband took them to his interview

Did a supervisor review ur case?

Which supervisor?

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

What do u mean completed?

I didn't send them the aos and the IV documents... my husband took them to his interview

Which supervisor?

Ohh sorry... The supervisor that review expedites i think. They told me my case is being reviewed by a supervisor I was asking did they review before sending It

Ohh sorry... The supervisor that review expedites i think. They told me my case is being reviewed by a supervisor I was asking did they review before sending It

Oh idk... because like I said they expedited it themselves I didn't request anything. Alhamdulilah

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

i emailed u.s.embassy in cairo yesterday asking if my case has arrived they told me it's still at the nvc. i called the embassy and they wouldn't tell me anything. they told me to email the immigrant visa section (which i already did). i am calling nvc right now. this is frustrating wallah. my hope goes up and then it goes back down.

This is what the embassy in Djibouti sent me... it's so frustrating.

Your husbands case is still under administrative processing. The Department of State is committed to facilitating legitimate travel and providing prompt and courteous service. At the same time, we must ensure that applicants are both qualified for a visa and do not pose a security risk to the United States. Applicants sometimes require additional screening to determine whether they are eligible for the visa. The term administrative processing refers to various additional checks that must be done before their visas can be issued. Administrative processing does NOT mean that the U.S. government has identified the applicant as a security risk. Many factors can trigger these checks. For security reasons, the consular officer will not be able to provide specific information regarding what additional checks are to be performed nor how long this may take. We continue to review our procedures in an attempt to streamline this process, and we will inform you promptly upon its completion.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Adam_m could you please tell me where you got the information from about the port taking passports for transfer and then for applicants to pick them up at embassy. I am just confused with the the whole situation right now!

Timeline

My case has been trabsfred from cairo to djbouti yaaaay!!!

How can you know if ur case has been transferred do they send u a letter saying they have recieved it

When you email the transfer requst are you sending it to the Djibouti embassy email that is provided?

Yes to the embassy u want to transfer it to

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

My case has been trabsfred from cairo to djbouti yaaaay!!!

Alf Mabrook ya bynt!

I've been trying to transfer my case to Djibouti for almost 3wks now.

I've been in Djibouti since May 7. I didn't know wat the delay with my case was til I saw my new case number begin with YTC. Now the NVC is tellin my case is under review.

Was ur case already in Egypt when it got transferred or was is still like mine?? And how long did it take til it got transferred?

Please, any help or advice would be really appreciated. wAllah I'm so lost on wat to do.

Allah ya sahil lil gamee3 InshaAllah.

Timeline

This is what the embassy in Djibouti sent me... it's so frustrating.

Your husbands case is still under administrative processing. The Department of State is committed to facilitating legitimate travel and providing prompt and courteous service. At the same time, we must ensure that applicants are both qualified for a visa and do not pose a security risk to the United States. Applicants sometimes require additional screening to determine whether they are eligible for the visa. The term administrative processing refers to various additional checks that must be done before their visas can be issued. Administrative processing does NOT mean that the U.S. government has identified the applicant as a security risk. Many factors can trigger these checks. For security reasons, the consular officer will not be able to provide specific information regarding what additional checks are to be performed nor how long this may take. We continue to review our procedures in an attempt to streamline this process, and we will inform you promptly upon its completion.

I don't get it what does it mean? They're still reviewing his case at the embassy isn't that a good thing?

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

update (nothing great anyway)

After Cairo sent an email telling me that my case was still at NVC, I called NVC and the representative confirmed that they sent it on May 20th. I asked does it matter what case number i give them (the SAA or YTC) he said yeah and that i should give them the YTC because they wouldn;t have record of the SAA (even though the first represenative said it doesn't matter :{) I sent an email back to Cairo with the YTC case number and they told me that they haven't received it yet and that when they do they will contact me. Call me crazy or whatever, but Yemeni cases are sent electronic, so does it really take this long to receive? I would understand if it was sent by mail, but electronic. it's crazy wallah. I feel like they are playing us. First they get everyone's hope up by saying we are going to help and blah blah and then they just take their sweet time or everyone gives you something different.

I don't get it what does it mean? They're still reviewing his case at the embassy isn't that a good thing?

Idk of its a good thing or a bad thing to be honest. It's taking so long. He turned the papers and everything in a week ago and no cheng to my status until today.

My case is under administrative processing. Idk what I should do to understand what is it that I'm supposed to do other than wait.

I tried calling the department of state but it redirects me to the nvc.. I might just call them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.