H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Yemen
Timeline

My husband police certificate expired too, but he was able to get another before he left Yemen, so now we have an updated one just in case.

Yea it's better to have one just in case

Timeline

Thank you. Inshallah. Dont worry i will keep you updated.

I just got off the phone with Nvc and they told that they're not going to send my case to the embassy until there's a interview date scheduled for me. I thought they send it the the embassy and then the embassy schedules my interview date since my case is expedited and they accepted and sent me a Dji case number. Did that happen to u since ur case was expedited too and they sent u a new case number?

Timeline

HI my friend .

When you arrived to the port of Djibouti. and give them your info about the case .THE embassy will send request yo transfer your cases ?

DO any one have idea how long takes this prosses and what is the step.

Timeline

HI my friend .

When you arrived to the port of Djibouti. and give them your info about the case .THE embassy will send request yo transfer your cases ?

DO any one have idea how long takes this prosses and what is the step.

They said it takes them 7-14 days to receive it in their website I think

Thanks!! Plz plz let me know what he will end up doing about the expired police certificate... Inshallah his interview goes smoothly and get his visa soon. Thank you so much!

Technically there is no police certificate available in yemen... if u check this...http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/YM.html.....it says yemen Police records are unavailable... also when I called to ask about it they said that the yemeni criminal status sheet, they don't need it because they don't believe it's 100% accurate and also it says yemen doesn't have it.. idk why but that's what the lady told me.. my husband made one just in case.

Im sorry i meant i emailed the embassy for an update on my case and they replied with an interview date Alhamdulilah.

Congrats on the interview date. What embassy did ur case go to?

I just got off the phone with Nvc and they told that they're not going to send my case to the embassy until there's a interview date scheduled for me. I thought they send it the the embassy and then the embassy schedules my interview date since my case is expedited and they accepted and sent me a Dji case number. Did that happen to u since ur case was expedited too and they sent u a new case number?

Im just going to get my self in the Convo lol.. when my case was expedited to a DJI case number, they automatically sent it to the embassy. I didn't request the Expedite or anything.. when I tried signing in to check my status on the ceac.state.gov website, I couldn't with the SAA case number. I called and they told me they expedited my case... at that time I didn't submit my AOS or the IV documents... they told me to let my husband bring them with him to the interview... they told my husband to schedule an interview online himself to submit the dodocuments.. wjen he scheduled the appointment, two days later they gave him an interview.. in the interview everything went well except they asked for the original I -864... I emailed the Djibouti embassy about it bebefore and they said it's fine of its a copy but in the interview they wanted the original... they told my husband to put his passport and original I -864 in an envelope, put his name and case number on the envelope and hand the envelope to the guard at the door in the embassy. Now we are waiting for a week now to get a reply about getting a visa... I'm so anxious and can't wait for a reply... I hate the waiting game..

I wanted to tell u what happened to my case because I was confused on why they told u that they will send ur case when there is an interview date available.. I think it's because there are so many yemenis in Djibouti now... my husband said it's so crowded with yemeni people.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Technically there is no police certificate available in yemen... if u check this...http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/YM.html.....it says yemen Police records are unavailable... also when I called to ask about it they said that the yemeni criminal status sheet, they don't need it because they don't believe it's 100% accurate and also it says yemen doesn't have it.. idk why but that's what the lady told me.. my husband made one just in case.

Thanks! Its to Djibouti Inshallah.

Timeline

Im just going to get my self in the Convo lol.. when my case was expedited to a DJI case number, they automatically sent it to the embassy. I didn't request the Expedite or anything.. when I tried signing in to check my status on the ceac.state.gov website, I couldn't with the SAA case number. I called and they told me they expedited my case... at that time I didn't submit my AOS or the IV documents... they told me to let my husband bring them with him to the interview... they told my husband to schedule an interview online himself to submit the dodocuments.. wjen he scheduled the appointment, two days later they gave him an interview.. in the interview everything went well except they asked for the original I -864... I emailed the Djibouti embassy about it bebefore and they said it's fine of its a copy but in the interview they wanted the original... they told my husband to put his passport and original I -864 in an envelope, put his name and case number on the envelope and hand the envelope to the guard at the door in the embassy. Now we are waiting for a week now to get a reply about getting a visa... I'm so anxious and can't wait for a reply... I hate the waiting game..

I wanted to tell u what happened to my case because I was confused on why they told u that they will send ur case when there is an interview date available.. I think it's because there are so many yemenis in Djibouti now... my husband said it's so crowded with yemeni people.

You should email the embassy.Ask them if they gotten the originals.

Timeline

Congrats on the interview! How come they expedited ur case by themselves? And I don't know why they said but my old case number still works too my new one doesn't tho

The link doesn't work but alhamdulilah they don't need it. How long did u stay for ur case to transfer to Djibouti from Nvc

Timeline

Mashallah! Alhamdlila! Inshallah you hear good news soon!

Congrats on the interview! How come they expedited ur case by themselves? And I don't know why they said but my old case number still works too my new one doesn't tho

The link doesn't work but alhamdulilah they don't need it. How long did u stay for ur case to transfer to Djibouti from Nvc

Wallah idk... I told the lady Im not complaining but why did they expedite it without my knowledge.. she was like because of the situation in yemen

Timeline

Wallah idk... I told the lady Im not complaining but why did they expedite it without my knowledge.. she was like because of the situation in yemen

Mashallah that's really nice hopefully we all get good news...Allah yistir

Mashallah that's really nice hopefully we all get good news...Allah yistir

Was ur case completed from the Nvc

Timeline

Is there anyone who knows someone who has arrived in Djibouti, and not been able to get their YEMENi passport back from the port once leaving it?

My husband left leaving his passport at the port and he went after that day for 2 days until they gave it back and paid100$

Did a supervisor review ur case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.