H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I recieved a case complete in Sept 2013. How is it she already had an appointment?? Did she request to expedite her case??

I think sometimes things like that happen. I'm guessing you haven't received an appointment yet.

*USCIS:

01-11-13: I-130 sent

01-15-13: I-130 accepted/ receipt # assigned

01-22-13: NOA1 hard copy

05-20-13: I-130 interview assigned

07-18-13: I-130 interview

07-22-13: I-130 approved

07-27-13: NOA2 hard copy

*NVC:

07-30-13: NVC receives case / Case # assigned

08-04-13: DS-261 submitted

08-05-13: AOS fee invoiced / paid

08-26-13: IV fee invoiced /paid

09-05-13: DS-260 completed / IV Package emailed

09-09-13: AOS Package emailed

09-16-13 IV package received email generated

09-17-13 AOS package received email generated

09-30-13: AOS checklist email/ AOS checklist response email sent

10-04-13: NVC receives AOS checklist email

10-24-13: AOS checklist #2 email/ AOS checklist #2 response email sent

11-01-13 NVC receives AOS checklist email

11-29-13: Case Complete

12-06-13: Case Complete email

Timeline

I think sometimes things like that happen. I'm guessing you haven't received an appointment yet.

Yes, unfortunately I'm still waiting.

It's just the way I've been seeing people who are getting interviews, but I think the NVC is giving appointments to people who had their cases complete in July/August. And when I last called the NVC, they told me they give appointments according to when you get a case complete so I'm just confused as to why they would jump to Dec. The only thing I can think of is if she got her case expedited. I don't think they just skip people without a good reason. If only the Embassy in Yemen were as organized :-/

Timeline

I got my case complete in October 24 2013 no she didnt get her case expidited she doesn't even speak English but she has a lawyer. Probably who ever has a lawyer they take them seriously

Timeline

zanoubia- sep 2013

amalabdulla- end of october2013

sleepless36- end of november2013

u guys shoukd keep track of other ppl who r waiting for interviews just incase something is wrong you can contact them about it.

Timeline

I got my case complete in October 24 2013 no she didnt get her case expidited she doesn't even speak English but she has a lawyer. Probably who ever has a lawyer they take them seriously

no lawyers dont help much its the same but they take longer to reply when u have a lawyer but when u do it urself its faster. thats my opinion i think lawyers are waste of money and lawyers take forever to send them stuff or even speak on ur behalf. also r u sure she had case complete in dec. maybe its been longer but she doesnt jnow..

Timeline

zanoubia- sep 2013

u guys shoukd keep track of other ppl who r waiting for interviews just incase something is wrong you can contact them about it.

Thanks. I will do just that. And if anyone here happens to hear someone has a case complete or interview, please let us know.

InshaAllah we will all get appointments and receive our husbands visa soon. May Allah make it easy for us all.

Timeline

zanoubia- sep 2013

I think as if right now we're the only ones awaiting our first appointments. Inshallah we'll try to keep in track. Thanks my visa Journey.

Thanks. I will do just that. And if anyone here happens to hear someone has a case complete or interview, please let us know.

InshaAllah we will all get appointments and receive our husbands visa soon. May Allah make it easy for us all.

Yea inshallah soon. And Ameen.

no lawyers dont help much its the same but they take longer to reply when u have a lawyer but when u do it urself its faster. thats my opinion i think lawyers are waste of money and lawyers take forever to send them stuff or even speak on ur behalf. also r u sure she had case complete in dec. maybe its been longer but she doesnt jnow..

Yea maybe you are right. Because sometimes when I talk to people they don't really know what a case complete is or when they got it. Especially the ones that have lawyers.

*USCIS:

*NVC:

Timeline

inshallah ya rab we get want we want soon. and yea sleepless ppl with lawyers that dnt know wats really going somtimes confuse case complete with regular waiting times. idk its true or not but if she does have an interview on feburary then u guys email nvc and tell them ppl after u guys are gettin apps before u nd its not fair. cuz thats weird unless she expedited it for some type of medical pro lem her husband is having who knows. but u guys dnt for get yemenn suckss they are soo unfair. but its nvc who made them the app from sanaa

Timeline

inshallah ya rab we get want we want soon. and yea sleepless ppl with lawyers that dnt know wats really going somtimes confuse case complete with regular waiting times. idk its true or not but if she does have an interview on feburary then u guys email nvc and tell them ppl after u guys are gettin apps before u nd its not fair. cuz thats weird unless she expedited it for some type of medical pro lem her husband is having who knows. but u guys dnt for get yemenn suckss they are soo unfair. but its nvc who made them the app from sanaa

Yea I have an idea of what the US embassy of Sanaa is like. when vj members from other countries get case complete, they get so excited, because they feel like they're almost done. As for us, unfortunately, we know that's where the real pain begins. Lol

*USCIS:

*NVC:

Timeline

Yea I really don't know if she knows anything about her case but we will see what they tell him at his appointment she real excited inshallah he gets te visa my visa journey have you contacted ur congressman and r u in Yemen right now or did u leave? Sorry for asking to much information

Timeline

Yea I really don't know if she knows anything about her case but we will see what they tell him at his appointment she real excited inshallah he gets te visa my visa journey have you contacted ur congressman and r u in Yemen right now or did u leave? Sorry for asking to much information

No its ok if u ask i dnt mind .. i did in the begining of december nd then her co worker said she will contact me with what the embassy tells her but she still didnt say anything. i feel like her co worker is enoyed by me as if she doesnt wanna help but she has to . and i am still in yemen i been saying im gonna leave for teo months but my husband wont let me go lol hes like no we gonna go togther and im like no the truth is we not im gonna go first nd then u come after me cuz im almost 6 months nd if i give birth here its ur fault and i wont takk to u so now we decided that this week he will go set the date for me. ii dnt wanna do it online cuz we might fond cheaper in the traveling agency. last update for us was the 26 nd then i sent thrm an email they said they gonna call once a date is available. its takin forever.

Timeline

Inshallah they call u around this week for ur hubby. It's so frustrating I'm still waiting for his first appiontment but I just found out that I'm pregnant inshallah by the time I give birth he gets the visa ya rab.

Timeline

Inshallah they call u around this week for ur hubby. It's so frustrating I'm still waiting for his first appiontment but I just found out that I'm pregnant inshallah by the time I give birth he gets the visa ya rab.

inshallah nd im sayin inshallah he gets his visa before april cuz my due daye is april. he was t tgere for my first child but inshallaj for the next he wil

Timeline

What's weird is that I got case complete before my cousin and she just got case complete on December but her hubby has and appointment now on February 17. That's weird wasn't I suppose to get an appointment before her???

Are both of you American citizens? Or one of you is a LPR?

USCIS: (286 days)

10-04-2010 - Married

04-07-2011 - I-130 Sent

04-14-2011 - NOA1 Received

01-26-2012 - NOA2 Received

NVC

02-06-2012 - Case Number Assigned

02-08-2012 - Received AOS Fee

02-08-2012 - Received DS-3032

03-01-2012 - Emailed DS-3032

03-02-2012 - Paid AOS Fee

03-30-2012 - Emailed DS-230 & Police Clearance

04-10-2012 - Received Checklist

06-??-2013 - Emailed AOS

07-25-2013 - Case Complete

10-29-2013 - Packet 4 Received

12-31-2013 - Interview ----Administrative Processing

01-20-2014 - Embassy called to go in on Wednesday the 22nd

01-22-2014 - picked up visa, yyaaayyyy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.