H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hello guys we just got back from sanaa and i have both good and bad news. good news is that our case seems to be complete and nothing more is needed the interviewing officer didnt say anything about our co sponsers he was quite convinced but the bad new is that our case was put on adminstrative process ..when i asked y he said it just is but dont worry it wont take long the most is 3 months and we will call ur husband in for another interview ..do u guys think this is good or bad. well to me it seems ok becasue he said ur case seems to be perfect nothing is missing or wrong.. but i think they want to do more of a background check i guess ..

Hi what type of paper work did they ask from you to see? did they ask for photos?

After the interview did they give you a pink slip or what?

Thanks for keep us updated!

Timeline

well all the documents were in the folder and when my husband first went to the first intervieing officer who is originally yemeni he told him to give him everything and they took all the documents they needed and gave us back only a few. and i dont know what the pink slip is.. im kinda worried now that our case is in adminstrative processing has anyone went threw this ?

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

well all the documents were in the folder and when my husband first went to the first intervieing officer who is originally yemeni he told him to give him everything and they took all the documents they needed and gave us back only a few. and i dont know what the pink slip is.. im kinda worried now that our case is in adminstrative processing has anyone went threw this ?

I guess good that nothing else is needed!!! Good luck hon. We are on AP as well!!!! It's been over 2 months!!!!

Edited by Zuhalafares

Timeline

hey do u know there is a website that u can check on if u wanna know what going on with ur visa application.. i chcked mine a few min ago and it told me the same thing the guy at the counsel said to me ..

its at ceac.state.gov

so if u had an interview and u dont know what next on ur visa application or if ur missing something just check this website

Timeline

That is the ultimate routine for a male now. Has the interview, all documents are found, gets placed on AP for about 3-4months, gets call to bring in his passport, gets a receipt saying come back in two weeks with visa stamped in passport. If you ask me, thats not bad at all compared to what they were doing before.

Timeline

If it makes any of you ladies feel a little better, I personally know three friends who have filed for theyre husbands and they went through the exact thing I stated in my previous post THIS year. My husband is currently waiting to bring in his passport in June after being in AP with the IR-1 for 3months now. (We started with K3 in 2009 has been in AP since 2010, so i continued the IR-1 and noticed things moved faster for us. Yes! we were in AP for more then THREE YEARS!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Ugh.. all these posts are really stressing me out right now and worrying me. My fiancé has his appointment set for June 23rd with the embassy (which was rescheduled from May 5th). I really hope the process of receiving the visa is different for K1. It is very hard to make any plans (specifically wedding plans!) if they are messing around and making people wait for an extra 3 to 4 months in AP just to be told 2 more weeks to get their visa. I really feel for everyone here because we are in the same boat, so to speak. Here's to hoping they move the AP process along a little faster for those that are stuck in it! ClockWatch2.gif

Timeline

I also want to tell everyone that when going to interviews the counsel likes it when both wife and husband go to the interview togther because they belive you more thats if its possible for u to go and if u r in yemen...

i will list the documents i brought with us to the interview

financial evidence

1.the i-864 i filled when i scanned and sent to them electronically, and the one i filled out for this year

2.the letter stating why i have no history of employment

3.my co sponsers i-864 form he filled out the first time. and the second one for this year

4.my co sponsers taxs including his w2 forms

5.my co sponsers employment letter from his job.

6 my co sponsers original copy of his birth certificate.

Husbands documents

1.my husbands birth certificate both (arabic\english)

2.our marriage certificate both (arabic\english)

3.my husbands criminal ststus sheet both (arabic\english)

4.my husband visa confirmation sheet for the ds-260 application

5.my affidavit of residence and paternity\maternity (which i signed when i was at the counsel because i have to be present with them so they can notarize it themselves)

6 .my husbands medical exam in an envolope..

7.his passport

8.his 5by 5 photos

9.photos of our wedding and also recently

10.my husbands vaccination card including the english translated version

11. i also included a copy of my citizen if it was needed and a copy ofmy sons bith certificate.

12.we also had some copys of his money orders he sent me to the u.s..they might want to know if he used to support us. ( we had two money orders )

thats all and please make sure to know information about ur spouses sibilings and about their address in the u.s because it will be asked at the interview

Timeline

Hi, interview went well. They gave me a white slip stating to come back in two weeks but they said that not to be surprised if the visa is not issued in two weeks. They took the passport and told me to come back.

Timeline

Hi, interview went well. They gave me a white slip stating to come back in two weeks but they said that not to be surprised if the visa is not issued in two weeks. They took the passport and told me to come back.

Congrats!!

Was this visa interview for your wife or husband?

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Congrats!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.