H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

thanks albabeli i hope they do to but its different for guys because guys are more dangerous and more likely they think guys are terriost i hate that but its the truth anyway iv been looking for a new sponser for a like a month just incase they denie the one we have already and my luck there isnt anyone with a good income .... there is one but he is retired already do u think that will work

Timeline

i have no idea ( retired ) I don't it won't work

wallah I wish you guys the best,

I gotta go to sleep now . i'll be back when I woke up.

sallam

Timeline

We all hope so too but I highly recommend that you think about it very carefully. They actually get excited to have a reason to reject someone. What makes me mad is still rejecting someone and placing them on AP even after ALL documentation is found and update. But I do wish you the best of luck. I'm just happy this embassy is slowly but surely moving along finally.

I really feel sorry for Missing you babe wallah I feel like when I heard about you. God this is a bummer. I'm soo scared. My sponcer is my brother and that's great he knows him. But I really feel bad yah Allah

Timeline

Hey I got you guys good news ,

Especially those who got rejected ,

If the embassy sent you back for any Reason, you can contact them by e-mail that you got what they asked for , then they give you an apointment within a month , so you don't have to be afraid for waiting too long for the next apointment, I wish you guys the best.

Timeline

IR1/CR1 Visa:

Brooklynman- Case Complete: May 2012 Interview: April 1, 2013

Yafa- Case Complete: July 2012 Interview: April 23, 2013... Rescheduled Interview: May 29, 2013.

Missing you babe- Case Complete: August 2012 Interview: May 21, 2013-- Needed another co-sponsor

albabeli- Case Complete: August 2012 Interview: May 21, 2013-- Approved

MyVisa Journey- Case Complete: August 2012 Interview: May 28, 2013

hk9302012- Case Complete: December 2012

Sandra86- Case Complete: December 2012

H93- Case Complete: March 2013

Sweetlove57: Case Complete: March 2013

RAli33: Case Complete: March 2013

K-1 Visa:

Neferure- NOA2: November 24, 2012 Interview: May 5, 2013... Rescheduled Interview: June 23, 2013

Sarah & Adnan- NOA2:

Edited by H93

Timeline

yea for people who dont know what to do then i do advice them to go to a lawyer because u might not know what u need and if u have everything ready then no lawyer can speed up the process for u .u have to wait just like everyone else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

There's this lawyer in Sana'a named Al-Zokari who can supposedly help speed this process up.

Anyone heard of him?

Does he hand the local staff suitcases full of cash? LOL. Otherwise I don't see what a lawyer can do to speed things up. The Embassy operates on their own schedule. He may be able to organize a couple's paperwork in a more coherent way or give interview advice, but unless something under the table is going on I say he's probably nothing but a placebo.

I think someone one or two pages back asked why a cosponsor is needed if NVC accepts, closes your case, and sends it to the embassy without one. The reason why is because NVC does not make determinations, they merely collect paperwork. The responsibility of the decision to grant the visa or not is entirely on the shoulders of the Consular Officers and Immigrant Visa Unit. If they feel a petitioner doesn't have enough income and determine the co-sponsor paperwork [if there is any] is insufficient or unacceptable then they are mandated to deny the visa application on the grounds the immigrant could become a public charge. Of course, insufficient sponsorship is only one of many hurdles Yemen applications must overcome to be granted that golden visa.

Sigh... there are days this journey seems too difficult.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

I agree , nothing we can do to speed things up,

I Mentioned before that I know friends who works there, and I know the way they work, I respect that way. I called one yesterday about people not getting there visa on time. he said Background check!!!!

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I agree , nothing we can do to speed things up,

I Mentioned before that I know friends who works there, and I know the way they work, I respect that way. I called one yesterday about people not getting there visa on time. he said Background check!!!!

Hey albabeli

You think the reason they have not given my husband his visa is because they are doing a background check or believe there needs to be an extra check even though his criminal background check was clear?????!!!!!! ..... how long do they do this for? We are going on month 3 and counting!!!!!. ... So this is the last message I got from the embassy:

Thank you for your email. We will contact your husband as soon as his visa is ready to be picked up.

Best,

Sanaa IV Unit

Do you think that is what they are doing with my husbands case... Background check???!!!!! Did you ask your friend about my stituation? Oh my god I am so frustrated!!! I am going to cry!!!!! Could it be his name.... It's Muhammed....And his fathers named is Jehad!!!!! Oh my god I am freaking out here!!!!!!!! :-(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Zuhala,

It's possible. Or they could be calling the references they may have asked him for (I think they do that at this embassy). Background checks take a long time especially in Yemen where public records are hard to come by. So many people don't even know when they or their parents were born. I know it's painful but all you can do is continue to send them email reminders every once in a while that he's still waiting for his visa. If his case meets all their requirements and his background checks out all right, then he will get it sooner or later. God willing, sooner, rather than later. But you and your husband are not in control at this point. He will hear back when they are ready to say anything. You can try getting your State Representative or Senators involved but I'm not convinced they are really able to help move things along. They are only able to inquire. Hoping you hear good news soon!

PS: No I don't think his father's name is going to be a deal breaker. It's a popular name and the real meaning of the word is more innocuous than most Americans realize.

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Zuhala,

It's possible. Or they could be calling the references they may have asked him for (I think they do that at this embassy). Background checks take a long time especially in Yemen where public records are hard to come by. So many people don't even know when they or their parents were born. I know it's painful but all you can do is continue to send them email reminders every once in a while that he's still waiting for his visa. If his case meets all their requirements and his background checks out all right, then he will get it sooner or later. God willing, sooner, rather than later. But you and your husband are not in control at this point. He will hear back when they are ready to say anything. You can try getting your State Representative or Senators involved but I'm not convinced they are really able to help move things along. They are only able to inquire. Hoping you hear good news soon!

PS: No I don't think his father's name is going to be a deal breaker. It's a popular name and the real meaning of the word is more innocuous than most Americans realize.

Thanks inshallah soon!!!!! But they didn't ask my husband for any references to be honest they didn't ask him much at all just the regular name birthday all supporting documents then they took his passpory and said ok here is a slip (like a reciept) and was told ok come back with it in a week in order to pick up your visa. When he went back they said sorry we are having "printing issues" then through email just the same thing over and over: "we will contact him when ready"!!!! I just pray and pray that he will get that phone call soon!!!! Oh by the way I forgot to tell you guys he received a phone call from the us embassy in Yemen in beginning of may. The guy said are you so and so and my husband said yes. He asked him do you have your visa yet ? My husband said no you Guys have it!! So the guy said ok your petition/file is with the counselor officer and hung up!!!!! So honestly I don't even know anymore!!!! But inshallah soon!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.