JedNik

Gathering documents for interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey there,

we are still expecting, anyday, for our NOA2. I'm quite anxious to be with my fiance, so i'm getting our paperwork prepared well in advance!

My first question is:

1)(DS-156, DS 156K, DS230)

2) are the passport photos (for ds 156) required on just their copy, or on all 3 copies made?

3) or is it a waste of time for me to fill these out as we haven't even got our NOA2 yet?!!!!

Smiles =)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Not sure what your question is on #1. Passport photos are required on both copies of DS-156. Where did you see you needed 3 copies? And personally I would wait till you get your NOA2 so that your documentation is as recent as possible. Waiting for an NOA2 is unpredictable...it could come tomorrow, it may come in 2 months, you never know how long it will take.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I asked the same question "what can we be getting ready, what can we go ahead and do while waiting for noa2" and I only got one reply (thank you westcoastlady) but over 100 people read it. So, I'll just tell you what I'm doing..... I made an exact duplicate of everything I sent to uscis and organized it into a notebook with tabs for my fiance to take to the interview. I've started printing out all our calls, chats, texts thus far since the date we filed, (because I remember how overwhelming it was doing it for our petition lol! So I'm doing it as we go instead of all at once.) I put originals of our photocopied stuff in a large envelope and marked it "originals" and listed the contents so he can easily find something at the interview if he needs to. Finally I'm going to download and look at the packet 3 forms and send copies to him just to familiarize ourselves with it and see if we need anything. Ok, that wasn't the final because I just thought of the affidavit of support.. I'm gathering the tax transcripts. I don't see if you are k1 or something else. I'm k1 and this is what I'm doing. Hope it helps. Doing something makes the waiting more bearable (bareable?), huh? Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.