seagull64

Police Certification from Israel

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance lives in Canada. She has a Canadian passport/is a Canadian citizen. However, she lived in Israel for a year, so we need to get a police certification from there.

We have received NOA1 in October 2012, and we are going through Vermont. We are currently awaiting NOA2.

Can anyone give me suggestions as to the best way to get the Israel cert? From what I have read, Israel will only send the cert to an embassy.

But we dont have a case number yet for NVC, and, don't know whether we will be going through Montreal or Vancouver.

Is there a way to get the police cert sent directly to us so that we have it when we need it?

Married 10/04/2013

Next step: Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Have you tried to contact the embassy of Israel in Canada and ask them how to get this certificate? I lived 5yrs abroad and got my police certificate from Spain last week just following asking and following their instructions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We are going to call the embassy this week, but I was just curious if anyone has any experience with this.

My fiance is expecting this to be a big hassle, so I did some research on it and deiscovered that Israel will not send it to yo directly. Which, if thats the case I would think that I will have to wait to get a case number from NVC before we apply for it.

I dont like the thought of that.

Married 10/04/2013

Next step: Removal of Conditions

• 2 months later...

I had to get one from Japan and had to apply for it in person, with passport in hand, at the nearest Japanese Embassy/Consulate. It's going to take 2 months (but will be in English, which is nice--otherwise you have to get it translated), and has to be picked up in person as well.I'm 5 hours away from the Consulate, so they allowed me to name a proxy (a friend I have in town) to pick it up for me. You have to be there, yourself, for the application part, though. Don't know whether it's the same for Israel.

Oh, and I didn't need any case number or anything. Just said I needed it for a US fiance visa.

Edited by ricnally

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.