9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello Vj'ers world!

this forum has been of big help for me by answering some of the questions that just keep on popping out of my mind while waiting for that "big day" when my petition gets approved. my fiance had received (12-26-12) the NOA1 letter with a confirmation number that the packet he sent had arrived in Texas box office. and based on what i read on the internet, the time frame for a K1 visa processing is 5mos more or less(corrections are welcome :D ). so for now, all we can do is wait and keep on praying that it will be approved sooner than expected (just hoping :yes: )

my question is, will there be any problem if we don't use snail mails or any phone calls as our way of communication? but we do chat everyday for a year now and we make sure that the conversations are being saved to use as a proof of our on-going relationship and some emails too but not as many as our chat conversations. he visited me twice last year and made a trip together on the last one so we have lots of photos together but no date imprinted on them and we saved almost all the receipts, hotel papers, airplane tickets, engagement ring etc. so the only thing we don't have right now are snail mails or cards or any phone bills since we find it more convenient and cheaper to use the internet instead. do you think there will be a disadvantage if we can't show those kind of evidences at the interview?

your advice will be much appreciated specially those who had gone through all this process.. :D

newbie :)

Edited by you&meforever

hello Vj'ers world!

this forum has been of big help for me by answering some of the questions that just keep on popping out of my mind while waiting for that "big day" when my petition gets approved. my fiance had received (12-26-12) the NOA1 letter with a confirmation number that the packet he sent had arrived in Texas box office. and based on what i read on the internet, the time frame for a K1 visa processing is 5mos more or less(corrections are welcome :D ). so for now, all we can do is wait and keep on praying that it will be approved sooner than expected (just hoping :yes: )

my question is, will there be any problem if we don't use snail mails or any phone calls as our way of communication? but we do chat everyday for a year now and we make sure that the conversations are being saved to use as a proof of our on-going relationship and some emails too but not as many as our chat conversations. he visited me twice last year and made a trip together on the last one so we have lots of photos together but no date imprinted on them and we saved almost all the receipts, hotel papers, airplane tickets, engagement ring etc. so the only thing we don't have right now are snail mails or cards or any phone bills since we find it more convenient and cheaper to use the internet instead. do you think there will be a disadvantage if we can't show those kind of evidences at the interview?

your advice will be much appreciated specially those who had gone through all this process.. :D

I think you should be ok. I also advise that you create a Timeline and 10 years residency as well.

hello Vj'ers world!

pictures are the most strong proof they're going to ask you,me and my fiance(e)gather lots of receipt.we even print tons of our chats :-) phone calls, but none of them was ask.and i was even surprise when i had my final interview with the american consul coz he did not care to ask photos or any proof of relationship :-) of course he ask me some question :-)

but,anyhow just be ready coz their are lots of consulim sure they have deferrent ways.good luck!!!

Timeline

I think you should be ok. I also advise that you create a Timeline and 10 years residency as well.

gee! thanks for your words of encouragement KoJ! and for your advice as well, i will be doing that :D God Bless!

Timeline

pictures are the most strong proof they're going to ask you,me and my fiance(e)gather lots of receipt.we even print tons of our chats :-) phone calls, but none of them was ask.and i was even surprise when i had my final interview with the american consul coz he did not care to ask photos or any proof of relationship :-) of course he ask me some question :-)

but,anyhow just be ready coz their are lots of consulim sure they have deferrent ways.good luck!!!

i see. i guess it will be a case to case basis then depending on what the consul might ask for huh :hehe: oh well, i'm glad that the pictures are seems to be the best proof that we can provide and i will just have to be well-prepared with the other things that might be needed as well. your experience seems to be an easy one (as i can see it :yes: )

and i hope mine can be like that too when it comes :D

thank you for your reply, helps a lot. God bless

You should be alright

Good luck on your journey!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

to use the internet instead. do you think there will be a disadvantage if we can't show those kind of evidences at the interview?

You need to provide many evidences at the interview to prove to a total stranger that you two are involved in a legitimate relationship with the intention of marrying each other and staying married to each other.

So....you need to generate as many different types of evidences that when all put together will "tell your tale".

Many folks have no evidences and some have been OK and some have not. Purposefully generating evidence has always been my suggestion.

Oh, and if the cost to do this is an issue......what about the costs to bring your fiance here and have them live here? Those future costs are far greater than some extra dollars spent now to send you fiance some flowers (with receipts and photos of them with the gift).....or mailing a letter to them......or send them a calendar with your hometown photos on it.....or sending a CD of photos of their new house or town that they will be living in.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

The consular officers in Manila like to look at photos. Don't worry about not having a time stamp on the photos. Just write the info on the back of the photos. However, bring all of the other evidence you have. You'll be fine without snail mail and phone calls.

i see. i guess it will be a case to case basis then depending on what the consul might ask for huh :hehe: oh well, i'm glad that the pictures are seems to be the best proof that we can provide and i will just have to be well-prepared with the other things that might be needed as well. your experience seems to be an easy one (as i can see it :yes: )

and i hope mine can be like that too when it comes :D

thank you for your reply, helps a lot. God bless

you're very welcome :-) yeah u r right too! just be prepare!and specially those forms and requirements are complete...i am sure your visa will be approve :-) and showing to the consul that you know your fiance(e) very well.i will share with you my experience to my american consul he ask about my fiance(e) back round i guess thats the most part that he belive the relation is true :-) he was surprise when he ask me about my fiance police record :-) huh the handsome consul smile at me and said you know about it?:-) very well explain!!okay GOOD LUCK to your interview god bless!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.