aaroon

Question regarding delay in processing I-751

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am a april filer, waiting for approval. I was wondering if anybody knows why when a case takes too long to approve, some people advise to contact congressmen while others say apply for N-400 (citizenship) which would force USCIS to approve i-751. Which ones of these is a better option ?

Also, is it possible that in hope of expediting ROC by filing for N-400, you end up having two pending petitions, neither of which is moving forward ?

In my case, may be none of these situations would arise, but I am pretty sure that expert input on these would help many people facing these situations.

ROC timeline

I-751 package sent - 04/21/12

Checks cashed - 04/26/12

NOA1 received - 04/27/12 dated 04/24/12

I am a april filer, waiting for approval. I was wondering if anybody knows why when a case takes too long to approve, some people advise to contact congressmen while others say apply for N-400 (citizenship) which would force USCIS to approve i-751. Which ones of these is a better option ?

Also, is it possible that in hope of expediting ROC by filing for N-400, you end up having two pending petitions, neither of which is moving forward ?

In my case, may be none of these situations would arise, but I am pretty sure that expert input on these would help many people facing these situations.

good question, I don't know why this application takes so long.

to answer your questions. when you contact the congressman who will contact uscis thorough the official congress channel, this will force uscis to respond to this request and sometime it speeds up the process.congress has the power to question the Federal government. regarding n400 and why it speeds up the process. I read couple of cases where uscis didn't even do the ROC because the immigrant already became USC. and most of the time , they will do interview for both of the application

why is that happening. because the n400 is processed at the local office while the ROC at Vermont or Cal, and as you know most of the time they are backlogged. so when you file the n400, your whole file will be send to your local office which is faster.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Congress cannot speed anything up. USCIS are not answerable to elected officials. It takes as long as it takes. There is no "Official Congress Channel' to get you through the process any sooner. At the moment it is taking about 10 months. Same as any other part of the process, all you can do it wait.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.