Ysabelle002

Application of a U.S. Passport

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I'm on a Fiancee Visa am about to schedule for my medical and interview. but before doing so i want to know on the US Passport Application (DS-11) for my son.

I got pregnant by my Fiance and i gave birth last Nov. 6, 2012. My son was not included in my application and me and my Fiance wish that he will travel with me if ever i will be issued a visa. Since my son doesn't need a visa because he is an US Citizen through his father but i have to apply for a US passport for him to enter the US.

I just want to ask about U.S. Passport Application (DS-11). I will be applying for a US Passport of my 2 month old son. I just want to ask on how to download it and so that i can type it electronically and have it printed. I just read on their new "Instruction" that says, " beginning in February the form must be completed electronically and printed. A completed form by hand will not be accepted. Is there any way i can download it co'z i don't want to do it online. I've tried downloading the form but i cannot type on it.

I want to ask also about item no.5 of the DS-11 about the Social Security No. Do i have to put zeros since my son has not been issued a Social Security No. but the instruction says "Failure to provide information requested on this form, including your Social Security Number, may result in significant processing delays and/or the denial of your application.

Additional questions regarding DS-11 are: regarding item no.6(e-mail address), no.7(Primary Contact Number), no.8(Mailing Address)... whose informations will appear on this items since my son is just 2 months old and doesn't have email ad yet, phone no. and mailing address. Does it mean my Fiance's information or my information?

Please help me on this matter. Thank you so much!

Edited by Ysabelle002

Hi! I'm on a Fiancee Visa am about to schedule for my medical and interview. but before doing so i want to know on the US Passport Application (DS-11) for my son.

I got pregnant by my Fiance and i gave birth last Nov. 6, 2012. My son was not included in my application and me and my Fiance wish that he will travel with me if ever i will be issued a visa. Since my son doesn't need a visa because he is an US Citizen through his father but i have to apply for a US passport for him to enter the US.

He is a Filipino Citizen. At this point with no CRBA he has claim to U.S. citizenship.

I just want to ask about U.S. Passport Application (DS-11). I will be applying for a US Passport of my 2 month old son. I just want to ask on how to download it and so that i can type it electronically and have it printed. I just read on their new "Instruction" that says, " beginning in February the form must be completed electronically and printed. A completed form by hand will not be accepted. Is there any way i can download it co'z i don't want to do it online. I've tried downloading the form but i cannot type on it.

Ok so I'm assuming you did not read the 'CRBA Checklist' link, that was given to you in your last post. That link has the DS-11 online form, fill it in and print.

http://www.visajourn...ost__p__5891344

I want to ask also about item no.5 of the DS-11 about the Social Security No. Do i have to put zeros since my son has not been issued a Social Security No. but the instruction says "Failure to provide information requested on this form, including your Social Security Number, may result in significant processing delays and/or the denial of your application.

Put NONE. You will submit the DS-11application and fee same time as the CRBA.

Additional questions regarding DS-11 are: regarding item no.6(e-mail address), no.7(Primary Contact Number), no.8(Mailing Address)... whose informations will appear on this items since my son is just 2 months old and doesn't have email ad yet, phone no. and mailing address. Does it mean my Fiance's information or my information?

Your, contact info and address.

Please help me on this matter. Thank you so much!

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

W2’s don’t prove any physical presence requirements, and tax returns can be disputed . School transcript, preferably high school transcripts are the best proof, they show physical presence (timeline) hard to dispute by anyone. What do you mean by he has no transcript? They can be obtained from the schools district office.

Timeline

W2’s don’t prove any physical presence requirements, and tax returns can be disputed . School transcript, preferably high school transcripts are the best proof, they show physical presence (timeline) hard to dispute by anyone. What do you mean by he has no transcript? They can be obtained from the schools district office.

thank you sjr09!! I appreciate everything!!!

• 4 weeks later...

thank you sjr09!! I appreciate everything!!!

hi! how about my husband didn't get to school when he arrived in US? he went to US after his high school graduation. and he studied there but he didnt continue it, he just worked and worked for about 10 years...... what else proof do we get? aside from W2s and itr? thank u!

Lord God You Know All Things, You Can Do All Things. We Trust You So Much!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

hi! how about my husband didn't get to school when he arrived in US? he went to US after his high school graduation. and he studied there but he didnt continue it, he just worked and worked for about 10 years...... what else proof do we get? aside from W2s and itr? thank u!

He was naturalized right?

He was naturalized right?

yes he was naturalized.

and i have another question. in filing DS-11, what permanent address is to be placed? the philippine address? or the US address? and is it okay to put 0000 on ss# on electronic ds-11? since it wont proceed if ill leave blank.. thank u!!

Edited by Angeljay

The in bold below can also be used, don't forget you need to include his original Certificate of Naturalization. all your question can be answered by reading the link & CRBA CHECKLIST http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

Evidence of parents’ U.S. citizenship

Regularly available documents that may establish your physical presence/residence in the U.S. include transcripts from High School and/or College, Income Tax Returns and W2s, old passports, a Military Statement of Service or DD-214 Separation Statement (military members only). You can submit other documents as evidence. Please bring the original documents and a photocopy of each.

Evidence of parents’ U.S. citizenship

The U.S. citizen parent(s) must present his/her current and expired U.S. passports and a photocopy of each passport and each page. We will accept a notarized copy of the current U.S. passport and its pages in lieu of the original. (Note: we only accept documents notarized by a U.S. commissioned notary). If the U.S. citizen parent was naturalized, he/she must bring the original Certificate of Naturalization.

yes he was naturalized.

and i have another question. in filing DS-11, what permanent address is to be placed? the philippine address? or the US address? and is it okay to put 0000 on ss# on electronic ds-11? since it wont proceed if ill leave blank.. thank u!!

Your address in the PI, that is where the child resides right? both CRBA and US passport will be delivered to that address.

Yes 000000 are fine the embassy understands the child has no SSN. You can get that done when your in the US.

Your address in the PI, that is where the child resides right? both CRBA and US passport will be delivered to that address.

Yes 000000 are fine the embassy understands the child has no SSN. You can get that done when your in the US.

Thank you so much for all the info sjr09 ;)

about the permanent address, i wrote PI in mailing address and i wrote her father's US address where we intend to live on permanent address. Is that would be okay? or should be the PI address always? Thank you again ;)

[/b]Evidence of parents’ U.S. citizenship

The U.S. citizen parent(s) must present his/her current and expired U.S. passports and a photocopy of each passport and each page. We will accept a notarized copy of the current U.S. passport and its pages in lieu of the original. (Note: we only accept documents notarized by a U.S. commissioned notary). If the U.S. citizen parent was naturalized, he/she must bring the original Certificate of Naturalization.

and should it be ALL PAGES be photocpy ang notarized? since he's a DUAL he should also photocopy and notarized it.. and its $10 per seal :-( or the pages which have visa stamps only...

Timeline

and should it be ALL PAGES be photocpy ang notarized? since he's a DUAL he should also photocopy and notarized it.. and its $10 per seal :-( or the pages which have visa stamps only...

i have the same question also if all pages of my Fiance's passport be photocopied and notarized?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.