10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
With over two years, two inquiries and nothing in the mail after filing an I-485 but two approved I-131 forms how should I go about helping my wife get a green card? How does anyone get anything resolved satisfactorily when battling with the BCINS?

I would contact your state senator. Go to their website to "constituent's services", download the privacy form, fill out your case information and fax to them. Call to follow up and get the name of the person assigned to your case, their direct phone number and email so you know how to reach them directly. Good luck.

With over two years, two inquiries and nothing in the mail after filing an I-485 but two approved I-131 forms how should I go about helping my wife get a green card? How does anyone get anything resolved satisfactorily when battling with the BCINS?

I would contact your state senator. Go to their website to "constituent's services", download the privacy form, fill out your case information and fax to them. Call to follow up and get the name of the person assigned to your case, their direct phone number and email so you know how to reach them directly. Good luck.

I emailed Hiliary Clinton. So far, no luck what so ever, though I did not follow up to find a person assigned to my case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
I emailed Hiliary Clinton. So far, no luck what so ever, though I did not follow up to find a person assigned to my case.

Email will do nothing except get you a generic response in a few months thanking you for your support. You really have to start by downloading the privacy form and faxing your case information. That gives them the authority to investgate your case.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Or even better yet, do some searching around here for others who live in your state. Find out which legislator has been responsive to others' immigration problems in the past.

Some people find that Senators don't do squat and they have better luck with their Rep.

OP, you don't say what kind of inquiries. If you have a congressional inquiry started, you'll have better results than on your own.

If it were me, I would be rattling the cage now. I know some people have waited longer than you, but not in a CSC transfer, and not without some explanation for the delay (namecheck).

There is a risk your case was already cancelled, or sent to long term storage. You probably won't find out anything if you do nothing more.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Or even better yet, do some searching around here for others who live in your state. Find out which legislator has been responsive to others' immigration problems in the past.

Some people find that Senators don't do squat and they have better luck with their Rep.

OP, you don't say what kind of inquiries. If you have a congressional inquiry started, you'll have better results than on your own.

If it were me, I would be rattling the cage now. I know some people have waited longer than you, but not in a CSC transfer, and not without some explanation for the delay (namecheck).

There is a risk your case was already cancelled, or sent to long term storage. You probably won't find out anything if you do nothing more.

Well, made an infopass appointment to go to 26 Federal Plaza, NY, NY November 16 (earliest they would take me) and I hope the wife and our baby will go (fking pain in the ####### to travel with a 1 year old by subway), but thats what the fking govmint forces my family to go through .

Timeline

Well, made an infopass appointment to go to 26 Federal Plaza, NY, NY November 16 (earliest they would take me) and I hope the wife and our baby will go (fking pain in the ####### to travel with a 1 year old by subway), but thats what the fking govmint forces my family to go through .

hmm, I was going to say earlier that the only people I know of waiting that long are NYC and potential Atlanta & Orlando cases.. now we know what black hole you're trying to crawl out of... :)

For InfoPass appointments, many people have better luck getting an earlier date by checking the site late in the evening.. like 9 or 10 pm. If you find a better one, you can cancel your 11/16 date.

I'd take all the paperwork and maybe write a list of questions before you go--it's easy to get distracted and forget everything you want to ask. I recommend a strong dose of honey vs vinegar--you're going to need the worker's cooperation to get something moving so try to make a pitiful and appealing case. :)

Hopefully you can get some type of definitive answer. Oh, be sure to try to speak with an actual officer if possible. Get up the food chain.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

hmm, I was going to say earlier that the only people I know of waiting that long are NYC and potential Atlanta & Orlando cases.. now we know what black hole you're trying to crawl out of... :)

For InfoPass appointments, many people have better luck getting an earlier date by checking the site late in the evening.. like 9 or 10 pm. If you find a better one, you can cancel your 11/16 date.

I'd take all the paperwork and maybe write a list of questions before you go--it's easy to get distracted and forget everything you want to ask. I recommend a strong dose of honey vs vinegar--you're going to need the worker's cooperation to get something moving so try to make a pitiful and appealing case. :)

Hopefully you can get some type of definitive answer. Oh, be sure to try to speak with an actual officer if possible. Get up the food chain.

NYC is certainly one black hole. I just am getting tired of filling out the I-131 packet and paying that fee. Soon I'll have to fill out a third one just so we can visit my MIL and FIL. I'll check later evening appointments, but I have a feeling I have the earliest available appointment. List of questions.......not sure I have any other than why is this taking so long when most people in the country in similar situations have long had a temporary green card ie. why has this honor befallen upon us?

NYC is certainly one black hole. I just am getting tired of filling out the I-131 packet and paying that fee. Soon I'll have to fill out a third one just so we can visit my MIL and FIL. I'll check later evening appointments, but I have a feeling I have the earliest available appointment. List of questions.......not sure I have any other than why is this taking so long when most people in the country in similar situations have long had a temporary green card ie. why has this honor befallen upon us?

Nah, anything to do with NYC usually is expensive, time consuming and horrible. Naturally, can not get an earlier appointment.

Timeline
List of questions.......not sure I have any other than why is this taking so long when most people in the country in similar situations have long had a temporary green card ie. why has this honor befallen upon us?

Well then you have a good project for the upcoming week. There are a lot more detailed questions you can ask that might help you forward your case.

Since you're NYC, I'll just throw in the Clinton's office has reportedly NOT been helpful with immigration. Try looking at your Reps instead.

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We waited 19 months for our interview while watching others get theirs from the same office in a lot less time. We were never given any explanation for why it took so long and I suspect we never will.

I hear people counsel about making an Infopass appointment all the time but that never did us a bit of good.

All they ever did was read the same information we could see on the computer and tell us to be patient. Asking why it was taking so long was pointless. They didn't know any more than we did and the whole exercise was a waste of time.

I wrote my congressman and I don't think he was helpful although I could be wrong about that. Shortly after we got the green card he sent us a letter that was supposed to have a response he had gotten from USCIS about our case attached to it. Unfortunately, the letter from USCIS was not attached so I have no idea what it said or if the congressman had helped us. I wrote him back and asked him to please send me the letter but he hasn't responded. He's retiring and not running for re-election so I suspect I will never see it.

I have heard of some congressmen and senators who are helpful so I would definitely give that a try after waiting two years. You have one congressman for your home district and two state senators to choose from. I was getting ready to write both senators when we finally got the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.