The Nature Boy

Ban hands and feet

305 posts in this topic

Who cares about spelling (laughing). We were talking about transfer of energy and deceleration of objects in what is equivalent to viscous fluids.

I noticed you left the science behind and jumped right on the spelling. I wonder why?

Don't be lazy dude. Show your breathless audience how dam smart you are and look up the link to the testing yourself. The physical props of the material are available and I will give you what appears to be a much needed hint. You need the viscosity and the gravity difference between the moving object and the fixed object as well as the initial velocity. For simplification I will let you use muzzle velocity but a real man could apply the same equation using the drag coefficient of air and calculate the actual velocity. With this in mind since it's your theory you can also run your own calcs.

IF you set up the energy balance at tiny increments of time you can easily calculate the exit velocity at a fixed distance and easily calculate the net energy transferred from the moving object to the fixed one at exit time.

That's called the calculus. It's better done in Excel. The integration is.......wow

Make sure you use turbulent flow across a moving object roughly equivalent to a sphere through a fluid with roughly the equivalent properties of the human body. NOTE for your what appears to be growing file: Physics really hasnt been able to explain turbulent flow yet (in spite of your application of basic physics to the problem) but luckily it has been curve-fitted for you so there's an easily found but alas complicated equation for it.

Again - have fun and happy trails. No charge for telling you what to do and how to do it.

I jumped on spelling because someone in another thread posted something very funny about my repeated typos. . I jsut find it amusing we have several people arguing advanced ballistics physics on this board, when it is a rare specialty. espicially one who did not even understand the basic differences in auto vs semi etc. . Obviously at least one if not more are just pasting gobbdle goop they don't understand.

I don't think I would be one of those BUT also admit that I can't spell worth a dam. That's Bill Gates' fault.

I CAN however set up that calc and am thinking that just for fun I might, when I get some spare time, do it

A nod to your numbers on the new rounds - when the bullet doesn't exit and velocity hits zero before exit distance, the force transfer of energy is roughly equivalent to the carried kinetic energy

Some of it is dissipated as heat. Unfortunately that equation is worse than the integration of a decelerating sphere

Happy trails!

i don't get it.

I don't think I would be one of those BUT also admit that I can't spell worth a dam. That's Bill Gates' fault.

I CAN however set up that calc and am thinking that just for fun I might, when I get some spare time, do it

A nod to your numbers on the new rounds - when the bullet doesn't exit and velocity hits zero before exit distance, the force transfer of energy is roughly equivalent to the carried kinetic energy

Some of it is dissipated as heat. Unfortunately that equation is worse than the integration of a decelerating sphere

Happy trails!

That is why I added that to my sig. I thought it was funny. I have always scored at the highest levels on reading, college level in 5th grade, but have always sucked at composition, spelling and sentence structure. I guess everyone's brain works different.

As for all that Physics. I understand velocity does not equal damage . Other than that you guys have at it

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That is why I added that to my sig. I thought it was funny. I have always scored at the highest levels on reading, college level in 5th grade, but have always sucked at composition, spelling and sentence structure. I guess everyone's brain works different.

As for all that Physics. I understand velocity does not equal damage . Other than that you guys have at it

See, here is the thing.

Big Dog is not going to say "Oh yeah, you are right, Gary"

Teddy is never going to figure otu that crime RATES actually already figure for population (hence the tern "rate")

James just wants to outlaw as many guns as possible under the guise of something else. Slide actions could be "assualt rifles", why not? I shoot my slide action shotguns faster than a semi-auto and they remain my choice for skeet shooting, doubles, I have a "set" of 3 Winchester M12's and a M42 for skeet. Smokes those clays two at a time while the semi-auto guys wait for their action to cycle through.

The bottom line is NONE of these proposals will see a signature from Obama because the political makeup of congress forbids it. That is not a mistake. The Heller and McDonald decisions make the crafting of any such legislation practically impossible. Heck, they can't agree on anything if it is EASY. They have already moved on to discussing the next crisis...the fiscal clif. OH NO!

What IS the fiscal cliff? That is the removal of all the BUSH modifications which the Dems told us were disasterous but now have to be extended because it would be disasterous not to. :wacko: What ahppens if they are NOT extended? We go back to the tax and expense structure we had under Prsident...CLINTON. Ask a Democrat how the economy was when Clinton was in office. :lol:

This is all nonsense, Herschel. Relax, take a powder and let them flop like gut hooked fish. In three more weeks it is all over.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

See, here is the thing.

Big Dog is not going to say "Oh yeah, you are right, Gary"

Teddy is never going to figure otu that crime RATES actually already figure for population (hence the tern "rate")

James just wants to outlaw as many guns as possible under the guise of something else. Slide actions could be "assualt rifles", why not? I shoot my slide action shotguns faster than a semi-auto and they remain my choice for skeet shooting, doubles, I have a "set" of 3 Winchester M12's and a M42 for skeet. Smokes those clays two at a time while the semi-auto guys wait for their action to cycle through.

The bottom line is NONE of these proposals will see a signature from Obama because the political makeup of congress forbids it. That is not a mistake. The Heller and McDonald decisions make the crafting of any such legislation practically impossible. Heck, they can't agree on anything if it is EASY. They have already moved on to discussing the next crisis...the fiscal clif. OH NO!

What IS the fiscal cliff? That is the removal of all the BUSH modifications which the Dems told us were disasterous but now have to be extended because it would be disasterous not to. :wacko: What ahppens if they are NOT extended? We go back to the tax and expense structure we had under Prsident...CLINTON. Ask a Democrat how the economy was when Clinton was in office. :lol:

This is all nonsense, Herschel. Relax, take a powder and let them flop like gut hooked fish. In three more weeks it is all over.

Yes I know you are right. I just run on logic. When I ask them why the assault weapon bans makes sense, since it is the least likely of the guns to be used to kill someone, I never get a straight answer, other than because it might save a life. Then they said stupid ####### like they are only for banning assault, semi-automatic and automatic weapons, but are ok with "And post a picture of semi-automatic shotgun". I guess i get worked up becuse you give them fact after fact, but they always retreat to name calling or just because, Most of them don't have a clue about weapons, they just repeat whatever they see on tv.