Jmbdino

Can husband visit while DCF I-130 is pending?

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

My Italian husband and I sent in our I-130 application a month ago (December 4th 2012). We applied though DCF since I am a resident in Italy. I really need to go home to the US and find a job since Italy has really nothing to offer for me. If I return home around January 15th, can my husband come to visit me? I called US customs in Pittsburgh and the officer told me I needed a form and to call the embassy. They wouldnt answer so I called customs at JFK and they told me they wouldn't let him in! Then I emailed CBP and they told me it wasn't advised, but he said he could if he had a roundtrip ticket and other documents to show ties to Italy (we have literally nothing so that may be difficult-he pays car insurance, could that help?) I am very confused because on this forum I see people who got through that were in the same situation, but the officer told me that they wouldn't let him in!

Thank you in advance for your response!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

As far as I know it is allowed to visit but of course it's never a sure thing the immigration officer will let you in. I just entered the USA for a visit and it wasn't a problem. I brought a letter from my boss stating my vacation dates and the noa2 but nobody wanted to see anything. He just asked me who I will visit, when I said my husband, he asked when I'm going back, if I have a job in Germany and why m not living in the states yet lol I said cause I'm waiting on my visa. He just replied: oh yea ok. And that was it.

I believe it isn't a big deal for most ppl to visit during the visa process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I was not as lucky as you were.

Read mine /forums/topic/406378-question-about-poe/page__p__5891948#entry5891948

I was traveling on B1/B2 and not waiver program VWP, and probably the most important thing with no NOA2 in hand.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Oh I'm sorry that happened to you! Did you get a ban or can you start your visa process like everybody else Anyways? Greetings to Bella italia :) (my nonno is from there ;) )

No I did not get a ban. We have applied for CR1. Now waiting for NOA2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.