Thermite

One way to Philippines One way back?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I plan on picking up my fiancee to bring her to the USA she doesn't have much flying experience so I told her I would go with her

I know you need a return trip required by Philippines and I seem to be having trouble finding a travel agent that can book me round trip and then add her to my return flight

The easiest way I can find is to go online and go there one way and then book another one way back with her added.

What I want to know is will this be an issue I will have a print out of my one way there and one way back with her added I would think this would not cause an issue if I took receipt of my one way ticket back

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

I plan on picking up my fiancee to bring her to the USA she doesn't have much flying experience so I told her I would go with her

I know you need a return trip required by Philippines and I seem to be having trouble finding a travel agent that can book me round trip and then add her to my return flight

The easiest way I can find is to go online and go there one way and then book another one way back with her added.

What I want to know is will this be an issue I will have a print out of my one way there and one way back with her added I would think this would not cause an issue if I took receipt of my one way ticket back

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

I'm not exactly sure what question you are asking . . . but other than finding and booking the flight online there were no issues. I'm a Silver member on United/Continental and used my mileage to bring my bride back to the U.S. I had to make sure that each leg on her one-way flight matched each leg on my return flight to San Antonio, TX. I also managed to sit next to her on each flight leg. I did that by explaining to the United folks that she's going to the U.S. for the first time - they were very helpful. A bit of a pain, but it worked out. Good for you that you are going there to pick her up in person!

We had a going away dinner for close friends and family in Iloilo City and then left for the US. It gave everyone an opportunity to say goodbye, and I think her parents were less upset about her leaving than if she just jumped into an airplane and left. It's more $, but respect gained by her family goes a long way in my opinion. The only thing I'd change is that I would of stayed after the Embassy interview and took her home sooner. headbonk.gif I had no idea that the 2Go folks had a 4 day turn around - wow.gif!!

Good Luck!

Mark and Rassel

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

As long as you have a return ticket before flying to the Philippines you should have no issues. I had the same kind of issue booking a one way for my wife with my round trip ticket, I called the airlines and they handled it for me so we were both booked on the return flight and had seating next to each other.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I'm not exactly sure what question you are asking . . . but other than finding and booking the flight online there were no issues. I'm a Silver member on United/Continental and used my mileage to bring my bride back to the U.S. I had to make sure that each leg on her one-way flight matched each leg on my return flight to San Antonio, TX. I also managed to sit next to her on each flight leg. I did that by explaining to the United folks that she's going to the U.S. for the first time - they were very helpful. A bit of a pain, but it worked out. Good for you that you are going there to pick her up in person!

We had a going away dinner for close friends and family in Iloilo City and then left for the US. It gave everyone an opportunity to say goodbye, and I think her parents were less upset about her leaving than if she just jumped into an airplane and left. It's more $, but respect gained by her family goes a long way in my opinion. The only thing I'd change is that I would of stayed after the Embassy interview and took her home sooner. headbonk.gif I had no idea that the 2Go folks had a 4 day turn around - wow.gif!!

Good Luck!

Mark and Rassel

Yeah same if i knew she would of gotten it that quick I would of stayed but I couldn't risk getting unpaid any longer it took her 4 days to get hers as well lol

Timeline

Thanks all I wanted to know being hassled by the travel agents so i thought maybe one way there one way back with her added would work instead I know its a bit more

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Trying calling the travel agency/airlines to book the flight, you may be able to book the round trip and her one way so they are the same flight back without issues.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Trying calling the travel agency/airlines to book the flight, you may be able to book the round trip and her one way so they are the same flight back without issues.

Yeah her aunt got in touch with a friend from Philippines that works for travel agent I think she has it sorted for me

Timeline

I agree with what everyone is saying here. You shoul dnot have any issues with this except maybe lining up your return with her flight and legs, etc. Try other travel agents cuz we've all done this in one way or another, so you should be able to also. It may not be easy as mentioned, but very doable. i remember setting everything up to meet Chie at SFO and what a pain to line everything up so she would have time to get through customs, etc. And then 2 days before her flight PAL cancelled it and put her on another one that was 4 hours later!!! Totally threw everyhting off. I had to change everything but got the travel agent (Expedia) to work with PAL and got the change fees waived and got a hotel paid for overnight in SFO so everything worked out. but it was a pain.

God bless you both!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

I ran into this exact isssue when I went back over to pick up my fiancee in November. I could not book a one way ticket for her that matched the return leg of any round trip package I selected for myself. I finally called Orbitz and the agent was able to sell me three one way tickets for a pretty reasonable price (about $900 a piece - flying out one week from the day of booking).

On my way there the airlines did ask to see my return ticket. I showed them the printed itenerary for the two returning tickets, and there were no issues.

Our Visa Journey:
I-129F packet mailed: 3/2/2012
NOA1: 3/7/2012
NOA2: 9/18/2012
NVC Issued Case #: 9/25/2012
Manila Interview: 10/24/2012 - Approved
US Entry: 11/15/2012
Marriage: 12/8/2012

AOS/EAD/AP packet mailed: 1/17/2013
NOA1 date for all three: 1/28/2013
Biometrics: 2/21/2013
Received EAD/AP card: 3/26/2013

AOS approved: 9/6/2013

Green Card received: 9/14/2013

ROC packet mailed: 6/13/2015

NOA1: 6/16/2015

Biometrics: 7/15/2015

ROC approved: 3/30/2016

10-year Green Card received: 4/6/2016

N-400 packet mailed: 11/17/2016

NOA1: 11/23/2017

Biometrics: 12/19/2016

Interview: 2/21/2017

Oath Ceremony: 4/12/2017

You don't actually need a return ticket, you need an ongoing ticket out of the Philippines. I wasn't sure the exact date we would be leaving so I booked a one way to Philippines with United using frequent flyers, then got a ticket to Thailand (I think)for about $30, which I never used. Then when I knew the time-frame we were leaving, I called United and let them do the booking with frequent flyer miles for my return and bought two tickets for my wife and son, so I didn't have to worry about matching the tickets.

Good luck!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

2009-07-15: Marriage

2011-03-23: I-130 Sent

2011-03-29: I-130 NOA1

2011-07-09: I-130 RFE

2011-08-16: RFE Reply Sent

2011-08-18: RFE Reply Received at USCIS

2011-09-19: NOA2 approved

2011-10-12: Received NVC

2011-10-20: Paid $88 fee

2011-11-29 NVC submitted

2011-12-08 NVC approved

2011-12-12 Received interview date - need to change

2012-02-01 New Interview Date - need to change again - sputum required

2012-01-11 Medical - 3 day sputum required

2012-01-18 Begin 3 day sputum test

2012-01-23 Results of Sputum negative now wait for 2 month culture

2012-03-21 ***culture results*** NEGATIVE!!!

2012-03-27 Interview!!!

***APPROVED***

2012-03-30 IR-1 delivered, still waiting for IR-2

2012-04-04 IR-2 Delivered!!!

2012-06-08 POE LA

2012-06-20 SS card arrives

2012-06-26 Green Cards arrive

2012-07-03 Health Dept calls for follow-up TB testing?

** Ramona went through more testing including xrays. The doctor said he couldn't find any evidence of Tb and cleared her for everything.

Timeline

asap tickets....from northern michigan to manila alone and then our returning flight together was only like $2000......then just booked the puddle jumpers while i was there....it's a great company that really works hard for you.

Good Luck!

I have read that often the round trip, two way tickets, out and return are not any more expensive than the one way tickets. You would get a round trip ticket for you to fly to the Philippines, then a round trip ticket for her, then you fly over, spend what time you want/can afford, then you both fly back, and you remember to cancel her second return part of the ticket when you get home, as she will not need to fly back to the Philippines. This is just and idea from what I have read on here in the past, that often round trip tickets are many times even cheaper than one way tickets, so check it out, and do whatever works the best for you all. :)

Timeline

I got a round trip for me for about 2386 and then her one way back is 1780 which I guess is not bad when I seen some for 3k to 5k.

Is this normal though my travel agent said this:

Please call Korean Airlines Cebu reservations office

during regular office hours, Monday to Friday, to

arrange for your exchanged e-ticket. Cebu office

tel. no. is 63 323405431 or please consult the local

directory for the contact tel. no.

I asked her whats that all about she said:

No need to worry. Korean Airlines Cebu Office needs

to exchange the e-ticket that we issued. This procedure

is routine, due to some Philippine regulations. Either

you request Ms. Tonacao to call or you may do it when

you arrive in Cebu.

Edited by Thermite

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.