kind_heart

Is visitor DCF possible in Cyprus?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Is DCF possible in cyprus when both the USC and the spouse are visitors to cyprus and get married in

cyprus?

US embassy website in cyprus requires the beneficiary to be a cyprus resident but there is a suggestion

on another DCF site that

the two could request preprocessing as visitors.

Any thoughts?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Is DCF possible in cyprus when both the USC and the spouse are visitors to cyprus and get married in

cyprus?

US embassy website in cyprus requires the beneficiary to be a cyprus resident but there is a suggestion

on another DCF site that

Any thoughts?

It's been done before. More than once. I don't know that it is standard practice, but it has been done.

Read the Guide, make the call. :)

DCF Guide

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Thanks meauxna.

The impression I got from the Cyprus (nicosia) US embassy website is that their I-130 " preprocessing"

results in a speedy immigrant visa.

Do you think it is a good idea to go to and get married in a strange country like cyprus just for a fast

I-130 processing? I am an Indian national and my girl friend is an american.

Any thoughts?

cyprus?

on another DCF site that

Any thoughts?

It's been done before. More than once. I don't know that it is standard practice, but it has been done.

Read the Guide, make the call. :)

DCF Guide

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thanks meauxna.

The impression I got from the Cyprus (nicosia) US embassy website is that their I-130 " preprocessing"

Do you think it is a good idea to go to and get married in a strange country like cyprus just for a fast

Any thoughts?

I think that the USC should read the Guide and contact Nicosia. If you decide that you MUST have a Cypriot beach wedding (hint hint) they may accomodate two young lovers who can't bear to be separated. Have your USC read Nicosia's website carefully and thoroughly.

If you have any US immigration history, or anything that would make her petition questionable, you will probably be better off processing in your home country. If your GF can come live in India for awhile, you can file locally there---you really don't say enough about your situation for ideas.

How did you hear about Nicosia's policy anyway?

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Thanks again meauxna.

I read about cyprus on Gary Bala's DCF website.

Thanks also for raising a very valid point about US immigration history(I have a history of overstaying in US about 11 yrs ago, which the US embassy in Delhi knows about.) In view of that, I should think about Indian DCF but it will take much longer in India.

USC should be living in India on a long term visa for at least 90 days before he/she can file a DCF and it will take another 2-3 months for DCF processing.

Thanks meauxna.

Any thoughts?

I think that the USC should read the Guide and contact Nicosia. If you decide that you MUST have a Cypriot beach wedding (hint hint) they may accomodate two young lovers who can't bear to be separated. Have your USC read Nicosia's website carefully and thoroughly.

If you have any US immigration history, or anything that would make her petition questionable, you will probably be better off processing in your home country. If your GF can come live in India for awhile, you can file locally there---you really don't say enough about your situation for ideas.

How did you hear about Nicosia's policy anyway?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am a USC who contacted the US Embassy in Cyprus about the possibility of a DCF. My fiance is Russian, resides in Russia while I live in the States. They were clear that they would not let us apply for a DCF while in Cyprus if we got married there. A K3 interview would have been in Cyprus while a CR1 interview would have been in Moscow.

It also turned out that she did not want to marry me in Cyprus. Friends of hers had had not so pleasant experiences in Cyprus.

We're taking a different path to get married.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Thanks Novotul for your reply. Now I am sure cyprus is not an option for my DCF.

I am a USC who contacted the US Embassy in Cyprus about the possibility of a DCF. My fiance is Russian, resides in Russia while I live in the States. They were clear that they would not let us apply for a DCF while in Cyprus if we got married there. A K3 interview would have been in Cyprus while a CR1 interview would have been in Moscow.

It also turned out that she did not want to marry me in Cyprus. Friends of hers had had not so pleasant experiences in Cyprus.

We're taking a different path to get married.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.