ourjoy

State Dept: Consular Electronic Application Center

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi guys, how reliable is the Visa Status Check at the U.S. State Department's Consular Electronic Application Center? I know my case is awaiting the result of further administrative processing but when I did a check with the NVC number, I got this result:

MMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION

Issued

Immigrant Visa Case Number: ACC2012XXXXXXX XX XXX

Case Creation Date: XX-XXX-2012

Status Updated Date: XX-XXX-2012

Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted.

They didn't take the passport and so I am confused as to how the website says that the visa has been issued. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

When you are in AP,it s the discretion of the CO to keep your passport or give it to you back.

The CO cannot predict how long it could take to investigate or study your case further...if they are satisfied with all your claims and documents they call you back to turn in your passport for the visa sticker.If they are not satisfied they will arrange for you to attend another interview.

You have to know NVC approved your douments and issue you an immigrant number but the embassy must do their ground work before they release the visa to the applicant.

If the embassy said no,the CO must convince the NVC why they can't give you the visa that s when the term REVOCATION comes in.

You will be alright and you just need to be patient and hope for the best.

Good Luck

May God Bless Us All In This New World.We All Have Come From Afar And We Need The Lord's Guidance For Success.

NB:I am not an Immigration Attorney, All i say here is based on my personal experiences through K-1 visa process and CR1/IR1 visa process.

Timeline

Thanks ProudAfrican but that wasn't what I asked.

When you are in AP,it s the discretion of the CO to keep your passport or give it to you back.

The CO cannot predict how long it could take to investigate or study your case further...if they are satisfied with all your claims and documents they call you back to turn in your passport for the visa sticker.If they are not satisfied they will arrange for you to attend another interview.

You have to know NVC approved your douments and issue you an immigrant number but the embassy must do their ground work before they release the visa to the applicant.

If the embassy said no,the CO must convince the NVC why they can't give you the visa that s when the term REVOCATION comes in.

You will be alright and you just need to be patient and hope for the best.

Good Luck

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks ProudAfrican but that wasn't what I asked.

DID YOU TRY CALLING ACCRA U.S. EMBASSY ? PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR UPDATE SINCE I ALSO HAVE MY SON'S CASE PENDING ( AP ) I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK.

Timeline

I emailed U.S. Embassy Accra and they replied saying the case is still in AP. Also called the State Department here in the U.S. and they said the case is still in AP in Ghana and that U.S. Embassy Accra is the one doing the checks. So I guess I have to wait, pray and hope that they do and finish whatever that they are doing within the shortest possible.

DID YOU TRY CALLING ACCRA U.S. EMBASSY ? PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR UPDATE SINCE I ALSO HAVE MY SON'S CASE PENDING ( AP ) I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I emailed U.S. Embassy Accra and they replied saying the case is still in AP. Also called the State Department here in the U.S. and they said the case is still in AP in Ghana and that U.S. Embassy Accra is the one doing the checks. So I guess I have to wait, pray and hope that they do and finish whatever that they are doing within the shortest possible.

Thanks. By the way, how long have you been placed in AP ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.