4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

(I copied this from my last post in another discussion)...

LOL I'm a nervous wreck and not because we did anything wrong but hoping that what we show as proof that we did not intend to marry on his last visit is enough. One...he was not legally divorced when he entered (we knew it would not be for months until he was and the fact that the proceedings were just started a week prior to his coming here) and two...he had made arrangements to live with a relative in Montreal (where his interview for the K1 visa would take place) when he returned to wait for the interview date. All of his belongings are in storage and we had intended to get it out when his K1 visa was approved and I came to help him drive his car back. One of the things that helped in the decision to marry sooner is his house, that was put up for sale in Feb '06 sold in 2 days! We thought since the house across the street was still on the market after 6 months, that we would have plenty of time while the K1 visa was being processed. He had some money to live on while he would be in Montreal but now the house was gone and he would be spending longer than we thought with the relatives.

What kind of (physical) proof can I show for these things? Or would they take our word for it when we explain the situation? The other thing is we did not start planning our wedding until a few months into his visit and put it together in a short amount of time. Because of that, not all relatives and friends could come and had a fairly small wedding. Maybe a note from the Innkeeper where we had the ceremony and reception showing when we actually booked with them? A letter from his relatives in Montreal?

I guess that is the only thing worrying me about all this. Both of us are always concerned with being totally honest about everything and doing things the RIGHT way and not having any doubts about who we are or what we are about. Hence, worrying about having to PROVE our intentions. Am I just over worrying myself about this?

Griffy

Women who behave rarely make history!!

10-21-06 Married!!

07-20-07 Sent I-130, AOS, EAD and AP to Chicago

07-23-07 Package received at lockbox!

08-03-07 Checks cashed 11 days

08-10-07 Biometric appt. letter in mail 18 days

08-29-07 Biometric appt. 37 days

09-20-07 EAD approval notice mailed 59 days

09-20-07 Travel Doc approval notice mailed 59 days

12-11-07 Interview letter received (1-31-2008) 143 days

01-31-08 Interview completed (IO said she will see if his name and fingerprints were cleared when she got back to the home office)194 days

02-13-08 Card production ordered email sent! 207 days

02-19-08 Permanent Resident Card arrives!! 213 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You gave way too many details that have nothing to do with your post. Please abreviate. We really don't have time for all of this. Ask your immigration question and it will be answered.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

What is your question? Are you talking about questions at the POE or at the AOS interview?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
What is your question? Are you talking about questions at the POE or at the AOS interview?

Thanks for your patient reply...It will be at the AOS interview since my husband is already here. The question I had was this

What kind of (physical) proof can I show if asked for proof of intent when he originally entered as a visitor? Or would they take our word for it when we explain the situation? Maybe a note from the Innkeeper where we had the ceremony and reception showing when we actually booked with them? A letter from his relatives in Montreal?

The reason I gave the detailed explanation was to give people here the facts about our situation so I could get the correct answer for us.

or worded this way...what kind of proof should I bring to the AOS interview that our intent was not for him to come as a visitor and marry and immigrate when here. My previous post stated that we changed our plans after he got here and we had time to reflect our options.

Griffy

Women who behave rarely make history!!

10-21-06 Married!!

07-20-07 Sent I-130, AOS, EAD and AP to Chicago

07-23-07 Package received at lockbox!

08-03-07 Checks cashed 11 days

08-10-07 Biometric appt. letter in mail 18 days

08-29-07 Biometric appt. 37 days

09-20-07 EAD approval notice mailed 59 days

09-20-07 Travel Doc approval notice mailed 59 days

12-11-07 Interview letter received (1-31-2008) 143 days

01-31-08 Interview completed (IO said she will see if his name and fingerprints were cleared when she got back to the home office)194 days

02-13-08 Card production ordered email sent! 207 days

02-19-08 Permanent Resident Card arrives!! 213 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.