elmcitymaven

Bosses can legally fire employees they see as an ‘irresistible attraction’

96 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Feminists much more often hate women, not men. Feminism is not about being equal with men, it is about being equal with other women. Usually attractive women. So there is no outcry from feminist groups over a woman losing her job because she is "too attractive".

There would be an outcry if she were fired for being ugly. Of course IF you can be fired for being attractive, then you can also be fired for being ugly.

The whole feminist movement is not about rights for women but simply a cover story for whatever political advantage these phonies want.

They were exposed for what they are when they had no objection to Bill Clinton using a woman's ####### for his personal cigar humidor. Tell me how they supported Monica Lewinsky's rights.

I fully support the right of any woman to be a 'cigar' humidor for any man of legal age of her choosing! :rofl:

Timeline

Nobody has claimed the woman had an inappropriate relationship with her boss.

And a "wife feeling threatened" has got to be one of the silliest excuses ever for a job termination.

What part of bitchy female jealousy do you not understand here?

I think that if this had been a larger business with other job openings available that did not involve direct contact with the owner/boss with whom this personal issue had developed, then maybe he might have had a legal obligation to offer her a transfer there to resolve this issue. That was obviously not the case here. One of them had to go. Since the business could not even exist without him what else could have been done? :unsure:

Timeline

It was gender discrimination. If "she" was a "he", "he" wouldn't have been fired.

How are you so certain? It is reported that there are many married men who are gay.

Timeline

Vanessa, I understand what "at will" employment is. Stop being pedantic.

I still seeing you leaping to conclusions about the parties engaging in an "inappropriate relationship" and the wife feeling threatened by a thing that didn't exist. Are you not bothered that a woman can come into a workplace and cause the termination of a 10 year employee for something that DID NOT HAPPEN? For something that is nothing more than the manifestation of the wife's anxiety? Oh wait - the assistants clothes were probably too tight and she texted with the dentist. Well, hey - then no discrimination occurred! Wife wins!

This is not really about discrimination but you're too stuck on the poor wife to get that. This is about one woman wielding power over another in a vindictive, unlawful manner. Wife was already in the "dentist's wife/divorce/perpetual alimony" catbird seat but that's not enough for her. She decides to crack the whip and ruin someone's career. If the assitant had been male, wore tight trousers, and texted with his male boss - would the wife have been mad? You tell me.

The wife and the employee are not on equal legal footing here. Your mistake is assuming they are. Yes, the wife is more 'wrong' here but you cannot legally fault the dentist for choosing to preserve his marriage over the employment of his employee. It can well be argued that there is a greater societal good in preseving the marriage but that is not really up to anybody but the dentist. Why is this so hard to grasp?

Timeline

LOL you say that as if it's an insult!

BECAUSE I believe in womens rights, I think it's bollocks for another woman to play her "power" card against another woman over an issue like this. It's this kind of ####### that causes men not to take us seriously! And - no matter how hard you try and defend the wife's actions because they are "legal" - you are perpetuating the stereotypes of territorial feminine treachery.

You keep comparing the wife's behavior to the employee's. It is legally irrelevant how much of a b!tch the wife is or is not. If it were relevant I would side with the employee too!

Timeline

Ok, this is slightly off topic but I'm following the lead here. I've known a few women that considered themselves feminists. I even hired one as a machinist trainee. In the machine shop the radio has been tuned to WLS AM for the last 20 years. After about a month working in the shop, she told me that she was offended by Rush Limbaugh. I carefully explained to her that I didn't agree with most of what he stands for being somewhat libertarian myself but that I would gladly change the station for her. From then on we listened to nothing but music. I was always very courteous and polite with her and never said anything to offend her. One day she left for lunch and I never heard from her again.

I've also known several women in my personal life that considered themselves feminists. They let me know in no uncertain terms that they were offended that I would marry someone from a third world country that was twenty years younger than I am. What made me even worse was that I would "make" her stay home and raise a child. I absolutely must be a male chauvinist pig!

One of them even told me, "just wait until I meet Jena, I'll tell her how it is in America and that women don't have to listen to their husbands!" She was completely serious.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Some of these women haven't a clue! They are so busy operating with their own stereotypes and the prejudices they have based on them that they are unable to face the simple truth!

My sister is married and she's always trying to brainwash my wife on how to be a disrespectful wife with her feminazi propaganda. Iv'e asked my brother in law a few times why he puts up with her ####### and offered him any and all assistance I could give him if he ever wanted to land himself a RUB gal. Then he got into a fight with my sister a few weeks later and my offer to him came up. She came unglued and called our house. Needless to say there isn't a Christmas card in our mail box as of yet.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: