TatTot

Medical Exam Experience at SLEC

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Medical Exam Date: December 17-18, 2012

About a month before my medical, I said no to soda, alcohol, junk foods and said hello to fruits, pineapple juice, carrot juice, tons of water and milk, vitamins.

Day 1 ( December 17, 2012 - Monday)

*I woke up 2:30 am but finally got up around 3am to get ready.

*3:50am I was ready and waited for my 3 other friends who also had their medical at the lobby of the hotel.

*We got to St. Lukes at around 4:20am, the line was long already but not that bad.

*I heard that you can't bring food inside St. Luke's, just water so decided to buy biscuit and water since I haven't eaten anything.

*By 5:15 am the line was moving. The line was separated from those who registered online and did not. I suggest to do the pre-registration cause the line moved faster on the 1st step than those who did not.

*I prepared all my requirements to show the guard:

1. Passport

2. 1 copy of the Biographic Page of my passport

3. 3 pieces 2x2 pictures with my name at the back

4. Appointment letter

5. NVC letter (my 2 other friends did not have this but they were asked to bring it when they come back)

6. SLEC pre-registration form

*I finally got inside around 5:20am. My number was #24 so I filled up the form that the guard gave me while waiting for my number to be called. The form was exactly the same with the DS156K.

*First step was at the Reception area, submitted all the requirements, the lady asked me questions such as my birth date, if I had laboratory exams at St. Luke's before, had fingerprint scan, picture taken, then was asked to wait until my name will be called.

*It took about 5 minutes until my name together with my other friends were called and was instructed to go to 5th floor for the payment.

*my friends and I were really excited so we did not wait for the elevator, we used the stairs up to the 5th floor, my legs got sore. lol

*paid P9,366.00 and was instructed to proceed to 3rd floor for the X-ray...THE SCARIEST PART!!!

*on the 3rd floor when our names were called, we were instructed to proceed to the dressing room. It was fun cause there were about 12 of us in the dressing room and helped each other fixed our hairs and tied each other's gown but we didn't know that we should not tie it, lol.

*I think I was the 2nd who was called, I was praying hard when the radiologist was telling me what to do :)) inhaled so well then after the shot I really looked at the screen to see how my lungs looked like, as if I know how to read it :lol:

*After X-ray I was told to proceed at the 4th floor for blood and urine test.

*On the blood and urine test it took a little bit longer since they were quite strict on the collection of urine, but it was totally fine, no worries :) Here, I was given a form to put the first day of my last menstrual period and other infos. When me and my friends were done, we were instructed to go to the 5th floor for the eye test, height and weight, vital signs taking and physical exam.

*Next step it was, 1st was height and weight, then eye test, followed by the vital signs taking and physical exam. It went all fine.

*On the physical exam, I was asked some questions such as: if I had previous hospitalizations, if I have allergies, diabetes, first day of my last menstrual period, if I had convulsions before, I was then asked by the doctor to take off everything then put on the gown and let her know if I'm done. While I was changing, the doctor continued asking me questions, if I have been bitten by a dog so I said yes, then asked me when, what and how many immunizations did I get, so I explained, it's my dog, she had her shots and the bite was not that bad and right after I was bitten I had my shots too, when I was ready there she started assessing me, looked at my wrist as she asked me if I ever had any psychiatric issues, can't remember her term but something like that, lol, so said no :) then she asked me bout my birthmarks, if I had chicken pox, I said yes when I was small then she asked if I have scars, I said I was only like 5 when I had it so none, it was not an issue, finally she asked me if I have other illness that she haven't asked, I said I just had ulcer last month, but again it was not an issue. The nice doctor then instructed me to go to the 2nd floor for immunization interview.

*2nd floor - here I had "a little bit of a hard time" with the doctor when she asked me if I had immunizations lately, then I said I had when I was bitten by the dog just last September 30. She asked me what immunizations and how many, then when I told her what, she scared me when she said "so you will not be given chicken pox shot yet then, just have it at United States, you will just receive one vaccine for now". I got scared cause I thought I will be having problems with it. lol. but I was wrong, the doctor was nice, she just told me to bring the medical certificate that I had for my dog bite indicating all the shots that I received when I come back. So luckily I took care of it before I left Iloilo. I was instructed to go to the 3rd floor to know when to come back and for what. So I was like "uhmm.. can you please please give me a hint if I'm good for immunization to give me peace of mind" :)) but I don't want to appear irritating so I just said ok and thanked her :)

*3rd floor- the guy checked on the CDs and didn't find anything (I got scared again cause I was thinking, oh no! I have no CD so does that mean I fail?) then he instructed me to go back at 1pm.

*It was already 10am when I finished so I was really hungry, went back to the hotel, ate lunch, rested and went back to St. Luke's around 12:30pm.

*I got there around 12:50pm then the guy scanned his list and told me, "you have to come back here tomorrow morning by 9am and bring the requirements listed at the back of the slip (passport, 2 2x2 photos with name at the back) and to show it to the guard to know if you will be for immunization." So then again I was like, it's fine but please just tell me now if I'm for immunization!!! but I didn't and just said ok.

Day 2 (December 18, 2012)

*woke up 8am, ate breakfast, walked thru St. Luke's and got there around 8:35 am.

*the guard then checked my status online and I was scared waiting til finally I was able to breathe well when he stamped "IMMUNIZATION" in my slip :)) then instructed me to proceed to the 2nd floor.

*2nd floor- I was asked to wait until few minutes my name was called, the same doctor with one another doctor with her asked for my medical certificate, then was told to sit down and if my name will be called again proceed to the immunization room.

*I'm guessing about 25 minutes of wait til finally called, I was asked by the nurse about my first day of my last menstrual period, if I have allergies, asthma, diabetes and my course when I graduated, I said "Nursing". She asked, "RN?", said "yup".. I thought I was having issues again since she brought my papers, asked her co-nurses then finally went to the doctor and asked, when she came back, she asked me if I did not tell that I'm a nurse and if have my Hepa B vaccine record with me, I told her I did not say that I'm a nurse (I mean, nobody asked me about it) and that I don't have my Hepa B vaccine record anymore. Luckily it was not a problem and told me I will receive two shots instead of one. So I said it was fine with me...I then realized that the shots were really painful and til now I can feel my arms sore. After the shots I was instructed to go to the ground floor to the check out counter and wait for my name to be called.

*So here I was already texting my friends and families I passed my medical and I was so happy!!! :)

*I was called at counter A after about 25 minutes of wait, then was asked to sign some documents and wait until my name will be called again.

*I waited close by the counters E,F and G since that counter was for the releasing, til I finally saw my papers on the lady at counter E as I was talking to my fiance on the phone and telling him happily that I can see my papers on the lady's hands :))

*counter E called my name after checking my papers and was asked again some questions that were previously asked by the doctors and nurses upstairs, asked for my other 2 pictures. Then told me about my shots and the next shot that I will have in February and gave me my vaccination record, the CD and instructed me not to open the CD and bring it to the United States. I asked her if I have to bring it at the interview, she said no. I finished about 10:55am.

I was ecstatic, gratified, so happy and very much thankful to God that I passed my medical exam!!! It was a very unforgettable experience, I met new friends, St. Luke's never gave me a hard time, learned to be more patient. So to those of you who will still have your medical, keep yourself healthy, be there early (some arrived there about 1:30am but IMO 4am is fine), eat something before going, bring water, bring ordinary ballpen not sign pen or marker, bring gadgets so as not to get bored unless you have somebody to talk to, get your requirements ready, label your 3 pictures already, do the pre-registration online, relax and be honest to all the questions. Good luck to everyone and hope everything will go smooth to all of us, and pray! God bless!!! :)

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Our K1 Visa Journey
California Service Center
07/13/12 - I-129F Sent
07/18/12 - NOA1
10/29/12 - NOA2
11/02/12 - NOA2 hard copy
11/05/12 - NVC Received
11/06/12 - MNL Case Number Assigned
12/17-18/12 - Medical Exam
12/27/12 - Interview Day
12/27/12 - CFO done

01/13/13 - Visa On Hand

02/28/13 - POE

04/19/13 - Wedding Day

Till I Found You

My Interview Experience

AOS

National Benefits Center

05/28/13 - I-485/ I-765 Sent

06/04/13 - NOA

06/27/13 - Biometrics Appointment

07/16/13 - AOS status: Ready for Testing and Interview
07/25/13 - AOS status: Scheduled Interview on August 26, 2013
07/29/13 - EAD status: Card Production
08/02/13 - EAD Card Mailed
08/05/13 - EAD Card Delivered
08/26/13 - AOS Interview (Approved)
08/26/13 - AOS status: Permanent Resident Status Registered
08/29/13 - AOS status: Card Production
08/30/13 - AOS Card Mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Medical Exam Date: December 17-18, 2012

About a month before my medical, I said no to soda, alcohol, junk foods and said hello to fruits, pineapple juice, carrot juice, tons of water and milk, vitamins.

Day 1 ( December 17, 2012 - Monday)

*I woke up 2:30 am but finally got up around 3am to get ready.

*3:50am I was ready and waited for my 3 other friends who also had their medical at the lobby of the hotel.

*We got to St. Lukes at around 4:20am, the line was long already but not that bad.

*I heard that you can't bring food inside St. Luke's, just water so decided to buy biscuit and water since I haven't eaten anything.

*By 5:15 am the line was moving. The line was separated from those who registered online and did not. I suggest to do the pre-registration cause the line moved faster on the 1st step than those who did not.

*I prepared all my requirements to show the guard:

1. Passport

2. 1 copy of the Biographic Page of my passport

3. 3 pieces 2x2 pictures with my name at the back

4. Appointment letter

5. NVC letter (my 2 other friends did not have this but they were asked to bring it when they come back)

6. SLEC pre-registration form

*I finally got inside around 5:20am. My number was #24 so I filled up the form that the guard gave me while waiting for my number to be called. The form was exactly the same with the DS156K.

*First step was at the Reception area, submitted all the requirements, the lady asked me questions such as my birth date, if I had laboratory exams at St. Luke's before, had fingerprint scan, picture taken, then was asked to wait until my name will be called.

*It took about 5 minutes until my name together with my other friends were called and was instructed to go to 5th floor for the payment.

*my friends and I were really excited so we did not wait for the elevator, we used the stairs up to the 5th floor, my legs got sore. lol

*paid P9,366.00 and was instructed to proceed to 3rd floor for the X-ray...THE SCARIEST PART!!!

*on the 3rd floor when our names were called, we were instructed to proceed to the dressing room. It was fun cause there were about 12 of us in the dressing room and helped each other fixed our hairs and tied each other's gown but we didn't know that we should not tie it, lol.

*I think I was the 2nd who was called, I was praying hard when the radiologist was telling me what to do :)) inhaled so well then after the shot I really looked at the screen to see how my lungs looked like, as if I know how to read it :lol:

*After X-ray I was told to proceed at the 4th floor for blood and urine test.

*On the blood and urine test it took a little bit longer since they were quite strict on the collection of urine, but it was totally fine, no worries :) Here, I was given a form to put the first day of my last menstrual period and other infos. When me and my friends were done, we were instructed to go to the 5th floor for the eye test, height and weight, vital signs taking and physical exam.

*Next step it was, 1st was height and weight, then eye test, followed by the vital signs taking and physical exam. It went all fine.

*On the physical exam, I was asked some questions such as: if I had previous hospitalizations, if I have allergies, diabetes, first day of my last menstrual period, if I had convulsions before, I was then asked by the doctor to take off everything then put on the gown and let her know if I'm done. While I was changing, the doctor continued asking me questions, if I have been bitten by a dog so I said yes, then asked me when, what and how many immunizations did I get, so I explained, it's my dog, she had her shots and the bite was not that bad and right after I was bitten I had my shots too, when I was ready there she started assessing me, looked at my wrist as she asked me if I ever had any psychiatric issues, can't remember her term but something like that, lol, so said no :) then she asked me bout my birthmarks, if I had chicken pox, I said yes when I was small then she asked if I have scars, I said I was only like 5 when I had it so none, it was not an issue, finally she asked me if I have other illness that she haven't asked, I said I just had ulcer last month, but again it was not an issue. The nice doctor then instructed me to go to the 2nd floor for immunization interview.

*2nd floor - here I had "a little bit of a hard time" with the doctor when she asked me if I had immunizations lately, then I said I had when I was bitten by the dog just last September 30. She asked me what immunizations and how many, then when I told her what, she scared me when she said "so you will not be given chicken pox shot yet then, just have it at United States, you will just receive one vaccine for now". I got scared cause I thought I will be having problems with it. lol. but I was wrong, the doctor was nice, she just told me to bring the medical certificate that I had for my dog bite indicating all the shots that I received when I come back. So luckily I took care of it before I left Iloilo. I was instructed to go to the 3rd floor to know when to come back and for what. So I was like "uhmm.. can you please please give me a hint if I'm good for immunization to give me peace of mind" :)) but I don't want to appear irritating so I just said ok and thanked her :)

*3rd floor- the guy checked on the CDs and didn't find anything (I got scared again cause I was thinking, oh no! I have no CD so does that mean I fail?) then he instructed me to go back at 1pm.

*It was already 10am when I finished so I was really hungry, went back to the hotel, ate lunch, rested and went back to St. Luke's around 12:30pm.

*I got there around 12:50pm then the guy scanned his list and told me, "you have to come back here tomorrow morning by 9am and bring the requirements listed at the back of the slip (passport, 2 2x2 photos with name at the back) and to show it to the guard to know if you will be for immunization." So then again I was like, it's fine but please just tell me now if I'm for immunization!!! but I didn't and just said ok.

Day 2 (December 18, 2012)

*woke up 8am, ate breakfast, walked thru St. Luke's and got there around 8:35 am.

*the guard then checked my status online and I was scared waiting til finally I was able to breathe well when he stamped "IMMUNIZATION" in my slip :)) then instructed me to proceed to the 2nd floor.

*2nd floor- I was asked to wait until few minutes my name was called, the same doctor with one another doctor with her asked for my medical certificate, then was told to sit down and if my name will be called again proceed to the immunization room.

*I'm guessing about 25 minutes of wait til finally called, I was asked by the nurse about my first day of my last menstrual period, if I have allergies, asthma, diabetes and my course when I graduated, I said "Nursing". She asked, "RN?", said "yup".. I thought I was having issues again since she brought my papers, asked her co-nurses then finally went to the doctor and asked, when she came back, she asked me if I did not tell that I'm a nurse and if have my Hepa B vaccine record with me, I told her I did not say that I'm a nurse (I mean, nobody asked me about it) and that I don't have my Hepa B vaccine record anymore. Luckily it was not a problem and told me I will receive two shots instead of one. So I said it was fine with me...I then realized that the shots were really painful and til now I can feel my arms sore. After the shots I was instructed to go to the ground floor to the check out counter and wait for my name to be called.

*So here I was already texting my friends and families I passed my medical and I was so happy!!! :)

*I was called at counter A after about 25 minutes of wait, then was asked to sign some documents and wait until my name will be called again.

*I waited close by the counters E,F and G since that counter was for the releasing, til I finally saw my papers on the lady at counter E as I was talking to my fiance on the phone and telling him happily that I can see my papers on the lady's hands :))

*counter E called my name after checking my papers and was asked again some questions that were previously asked by the doctors and nurses upstairs, asked for my other 2 pictures. Then told me about my shots and the next shot that I will have in February and gave me my vaccination record, the CD and instructed me not to open the CD and bring it to the United States. I asked her if I have to bring it at the interview, she said no. I finished about 10:55am.

I was ecstatic, gratified, so happy and very much thankful to God that I passed my medical exam!!! It was a very unforgettable experience, I met new friends, St. Luke's never gave me a hard time, learned to be more patient. So to those of you who will still have your medical, keep yourself healthy, be there early (some arrived there about 1:30am but IMO 4am is fine), eat something before going, bring water, bring ordinary ballpen not sign pen or marker, bring gadgets so as not to get bored unless you have somebody to talk to, get your requirements ready, label your 3 pictures already, do the pre-registration online, relax and be honest to all the questions. Good luck to everyone and hope everything will go smooth to all of us, and pray! God bless!!! :)

Congratulations and thank you for the review :thumbs:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Thanks for sharing.. Congrats! :thumbs: BTW, which hotel did you stay? Is your hotel just a walking distance to St Lukes?

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Congratulations. Thanks for the great report. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Our K1 Timeline

August 31, 2012 ...........NOA1
April 19, 2013................NOA2

May 2, 2013...................MNL # Available

June 3, 2013..................Interview

June 18, 2013................POE Dallas

AOS Timeline

July 26, 2013.................NOA I-485

August 27, 2013............Biometrics

September 5, 2013.......Notice of Interview date (October 15)

September 30, 2013.....EAD/AP Combo card in hand.

October 15, 2013..........AOS Interview

October 22, 2013..........AOS Approved & Green Card Production Ordered

November 1, 2013........Green Card in hand!

ROC Timeline

August 12, 2015............NOA

August 31, 2015............Biometrics

March 7, 2016...............Card Production Ordered

March 11, 2016.............I55 Stamp

March 12, 2016.............Green Card in hand!

Citizenship Timeline

March 6, 2017...............NOA

March 27, 2017.............Biometrics

June 20, 2018...…………..Interview

July 13,  2018...…………..Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! God bless!!!

Thanks for sharing.. Congrats! :thumbs: BTW, which hotel did you stay? Is your hotel just a walking distance to St Lukes?

I stayed at Bayview Hotel. It's 3 blocks away from St. Luke's, about 5-minute walk and just across US Embassy. The room and accommodation were nice! :thumbs:

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Our K1 Visa Journey
California Service Center
07/13/12 - I-129F Sent
07/18/12 - NOA1
10/29/12 - NOA2
11/02/12 - NOA2 hard copy
11/05/12 - NVC Received
11/06/12 - MNL Case Number Assigned
12/17-18/12 - Medical Exam
12/27/12 - Interview Day
12/27/12 - CFO done

01/13/13 - Visa On Hand

02/28/13 - POE

04/19/13 - Wedding Day

Till I Found You

My Interview Experience

AOS

National Benefits Center

05/28/13 - I-485/ I-765 Sent

06/04/13 - NOA

06/27/13 - Biometrics Appointment

07/16/13 - AOS status: Ready for Testing and Interview
07/25/13 - AOS status: Scheduled Interview on August 26, 2013
07/29/13 - EAD status: Card Production
08/02/13 - EAD Card Mailed
08/05/13 - EAD Card Delivered
08/26/13 - AOS Interview (Approved)
08/26/13 - AOS status: Permanent Resident Status Registered
08/29/13 - AOS status: Card Production
08/30/13 - AOS Card Mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.