rhiannasmom010

11days and still waiting on the delivery of the Visa!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello VJ family! My hubby's original interview was 11/9/2012. After the interview he was given a blue slip and tod he need to submit my passport showing travel along with our 1 day old baby's birth certificate. On 11/13/2012 I submitdth documents via emai and my hubby was given a blue slip inteview date for 12/3/2012. My hubby went to the Embassy on 12/03/2012 and was told to pay DHL for the delivery of his visa. Now it is 11 days later and we still have not received the Visa. I have contacted DOS everyday to hear the same thing " The Embassy in Jamaica is processing, and the case is still pending. I finally decided to email the Emabassy 2 nights ago and let them know I am requesting information on the case. They responded by saying " Congratulations o your email, and that they contacted my hubby today to let him know he needs to come back to the embassy on Monday to verify his fingerprints. After this is done they can finish processing his Visa. I am frustrated and angry at this whole process, because it is almost 2 months since my husband had his initial interview. I am unable to plan for him coming home by Christmas because I a not sure what the Embasssy will do next. After he visits them on Monday I am sending another email asking we can expect to recceive this Visa. Requesting prayers from the VJ community. My patience is wearig thin. :(

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hear you about patience wearing thin! my poor step kids had interview first day of october, waiting in jamaica, their mother abandoned them, they live with husbend's auntie in crowded house. we send as much money every month as we can! their interview in october instead of getting a visa they were asked for a dna test. i paid for the dna test before they even got out of kingston, they just now got a follow up apt to hopefully be approved for their visa! Make it before Christmas? I have my hopes up but the chances of them receiving their visa within three days after apt are slim to none. because it's business days right? not just days for dhl to deliver, and of course everything and everybody probably closed for christmas and christmas eve. The email i posted on this site from the embassy says seven to ten days i think for delivery. so anxious gosh dang it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When is their appointment? I think you should try calling the Embassy and requesting an earlier date, especially since the holidays are among us. I will be praying for you and your family to get a speedy response. I will keep you updated on my hubbys visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread shifted from CR-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

When is their appointment? I think you should try calling the Embassy and requesting an earlier date, especially since the holidays are among us. I will be praying for you and your family to get a speedy response. I will keep you updated on my hubbys visa.

i swear i email the embassy almost every single day and the last few weeks i am begging and pleading. sometimes they reply and sometimes they don't. i posted the most recent helpful reply from them on the site. their apt is tuesday. they told the guardian to bring the children's passports, i am counting on them being approved. everything else they told me via email is in order. my last email i begged them to not let there be anymore unnecessary delays. like they spent weeks saying that the guardian wouldn't answer the phone. of course they don't leave messages appparently. i didn't understand, we reach the guardian just fine when we call. just that alone was a big delay. the only time she didn't have service was close to the time of the storm.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.