genYgal

Jacksonville, FL Interview experience

4 posts in this topic

I had my interview today at 10:00am, and it all went smoothly. I applied based on 5 years of residence. Originally obtained LPR through marriage to US citizen, (LPR - July 2006), but things went sour and we divorced last year in June (2011). My IO was very friendly and laid back (an older woman). I showed her my ID's and then we went through the N400 application to double check everything was correct. I signed a bunch of things, including my photos, and once that was done, she proceeded with the civics/language test.

I got the following questions, but not in this order:

How many years do we elect the President for

Who lived here before Europeans showed up

When was the Declaration of Indep. adopted

What do we call the first ten amendments

Who is the speaker of the house

Name one of the longest rivers

Can't remember my first English test question (reading - had to do with Lincoln) but she made me write "Lincoln was President during the Civil War". She informed me I passed, and that she's recommending my case for approval. Did not ask me anything about my failed marriage, circumstances, etc. Since I requested a name change (still using ex's last name right now), she said my Oath will take place at the Courthouse downtown, and that the letter with my appointment time should arrive in about 2-3 weeks. I was called in around 10:05, and I was out and in my car by 10:29. Pretty painless. :)

I will not take the time to make a signature with my timeline, but I'm one of the early October 2012 applicants. Had my biometrics done on the last day of October, and my interview was scheduled on Nov 7, for today, 12/12/2012. Good luck to everyone who has upcoming interviews. :)

Congratulations to you and thanks for sharing your experience. No need to create a signature, but if you could take the time to create a VJ timeline (I promise, it's quick and painless) by simply clicking on the timeline link just below your little bio area to the left of your post, then that would be absolutely wonderful. It really helps provide more accurate processing times for the rest of us.

Again... big congrats!!!!

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Thank you Dalia. If you have an android phone, there is a free app in the market that can also help you study. I used it a few times, but mostly listened to the CD they gave me at my biometrics appointment. I felt lost at first, with the dates and names cause I have a horrible memory, but after you actively go through the list several times, you'll see you'll just start remembering each answer.

Mozplay, fellow Canadian, I filled out the darn timeline. lol Sorry I couldn't remember dates for NOAs, and I'm in bed in the dark already. Will update again once I get my Oath letter. Good luck to you. Our time lines for some of the applications submitted in the past are similar (removal of GC conditions).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.