felnfrank

What's really an NOA2?

4 posts in this topic

I received today the notice of approval through email...i really dont understand it...

how many times is our case approved?

my fiance called last october 18 informing me that our case has sent to NVC., and so happy cos we received our approval mail and our case number MNL2006*... last october 23. it was stated on that mail that this would be sent to the embassy where the fiancee lives in a week.

so what's the real score? i need a clarification bout the mail i received in my email, would it meant that it left the NVC to be sent to USEmanila??

we're both excited now!

thanks to the info ive read here about other things :) wanna learn more...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
I received today the notice of approval through email...i really dont understand it...

how many times is our case approved?

my fiance called last october 18 informing me that our case has sent to NVC., and so happy cos we received our approval mail and our case number MNL2006*... last october 23. it was stated on that mail that this would be sent to the embassy where the fiancee lives in a week.

so what's the real score? i need a clarification bout the mail i received in my email, would it meant that it left the NVC to be sent to USEmanila??

we're both excited now!

thanks to the info ive read here about other things :) wanna learn more...

It means the service center approved the petition... not the visa. The NVC will prepare your file and send it to Manila. Then, Manila will send you the infamous "packet 3" & "packet 4." After that you get the interview date and then you get to see your fiance. Its sounds like a lot to go but you're getting close!!! Good luck!!

Summer of '04 - Started Talking to Leila on Yahoo Messenger

3/23/06 - Went to Cebu, Philippines to meet Leila & see her graduate. Also proposed during my trip.

4/30/06 - Leila left the Philippines to go back with her dad in Tokyo, Japan.

5/01/06 - Sent I-129F to CSC

5/09/06 - NOA1

7/29/06 - In Tokyo with my beautiful fiance!!

7/31/06 - NOA2 Approved while in Tokyo!!!!

8/06/06 - Just got home from Tokyo... Goodbyes are so hard :(

8/07/06 - NVC Recieves case

8/11/06 - NVC Sends case to Tokyo

8/17/06 - Embassy in Tokyo sends Packet 3 to Leila but she was in Atami

8/22/06 - Leila calls embassy and they tell her what she needs to mail in

8/23/06 - Send Packet 3

11/3/06 - Recieved Packet 4 (took longer than usual because my fiance is not a Japanese citizen so her

paperwork had to be verified with Korea... very irritating)

11/7/06 - Medical Exam

11/20/06 - Interview!!!

1/12/07 - Arrival in US

2/14/07 - Wedding

m_4085ec88dc569745dc16843b05b15d9b.jpg

The NVC will prepare your file and send it to Manila. Then, Manila will send you the infamous "packet 3" & "packet 4."

Manila does not send out a "packet 3" They will send 1 packet (4) with both a medical appt. date and an interview date and all the required forms. Nothing is sent back to the consulate. Your passport is taken at the medical and forwarded to the consulate with the medical results.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

The NVC will prepare your file and send it to Manila. Then, Manila will send you the infamous "packet 3" & "packet 4."

Manila does not send out a "packet 3" They will send 1 packet (4) with both a medical appt. date and an interview date and all the required forms. Nothing is sent back to the consulate. Your passport is taken at the medical and forwarded to the consulate with the medical results.

mmmm just like what i thought...so is that means that the email i received was kinda late? hehe well, my case might be flying now to Manila, i hope :)

thanks guys :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.