RosyG

Pls how long does it take NVC to respond to I-864 and Visa application fees?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi my dear friends, pls can anyone tell me how long it will take for NVC to respond to our submission of the i-864 form and visa application bill? We mailed out the form on Monday and paid the fees online on tuesday last week. Do we have to wait for them to generate the DS 230 form and send before filling? another thing is this, i havnt collected my police certificate yet as i am presently in calabar and have been here in the last 6 months but have lived in Lagos in the last five yrs, do i go to Lagos and collect it immediately since they would be asking for it soon alongside other civil documents?

Edited by RosyG

With God all things are possible!

Timeline

It may be a good idea to call the NVC if at all possible to find out if they have received your I-864 and if it has been entered in the system. Keep in mind that Thursday was a holiday and the NVC was closed. It only took 5 days from the daye our I-864 was delivered for the fee bill for DS-230 to be generated. To submit your forms with this application your case barcode cover sheet is also needed that is generated from the fee bill receipt page. To the best of my knowledge you will need a police clearance from Lagos since you have lived there for five years. NVC needs police clearance from everywhere you have lived since the age of 16. I hope this helps.

Timeline

Thank u very much. This your info has helped a great deal. Today will make it five working days since the I-864 was sent (it was sent last week monday)and the visa application fee was sent in last tuesday and tomoro wil make it five days so i guess i will hold on till wednesday before i call them. You said NVC will need my police certificate of places i have lived in since the age of 16, does this mean i wil need to get one from calabar here and lagos, becos i started living in lagos from 2005.

Edited by RosyG

Timeline

Thank u very much KDubovik, u are indeed the USC,lol. U have given me a whole lot of information that have answered other questions i had in mind as well and i am very grateful. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.