abezyo

Questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Okay so...my sister and her husband are considering filing an I-130 form to bring him here to see if he would like life here better. Theyve been married for almost a year now and have known each other for 3 years. So the question of the I-130 not being approved or him being denied because its not a bonda-fide relationship is out of the equation as they have so much proof and many things to back up their relationship.

He is working to be a Brain Surgeon. Hes been in Germany the past 3 months trying to get a job but so far no luck. So this is why he wants to come to the US and see what he can do here. But...Germany is not totally out of the question. But neither is the US as he would not mind living here and finding another profession.

I have 2 questions...

My first one is the visa is good from when it is issued until 6 months correct? Meaning if he did not come in those 6 months, they would have to restart the process. Correct?

And my second question is if he has to travel back home or to Germany for a little bit....would he be able to leave the US with his green card and return without having to do the process again?

I know the questions sound a bit silly but I did not want to give him a confident answer without some of you who know more about this than I do. Ive done searches and still dont feel safe giving him a confident answer. So any help will be appreciated :)

USCIS

08/13/2012: I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox from Jordan (Nahda Office)

08/21/2012: NOA1

8/21/2012 : NOA1 Hardcopy

8/28/2012 : 1-797C Action Transferred to NBC (Assuming sent to Atlanta Local office...but no telling)

O9/4/2012 : Last touched.

2/26/2013 : Infopass with Atlanta (confirmed file is there and no action yet. To be started in March)

03/18/2013 : 2nd Infopass (No review or processing of any stand-alone I-130s for 60-90 days. URGHHHHHHHHHH)

04/6/2013: NOA2 (228 days from NOA1)

NVC

05/10/13 USCIS Atlanta letter to me confirms this date as sent to NVC

05/20/13 NVC Received Case (Waiting on case number)
06/7/2013 NVC case number assinged
06/7/2013 Choice of agent complete now awaiting fees

Gave up tracking when I left overseas...but we are almost done biggrin.png!

TERMINATED SEPTEMBER 27, 2012.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Okay so...my sister and her husband are considering filing an I-130 form to bring him here to see if he would like life here better. Theyve been married for almost a year now and have known each other for 3 years. So the question of the I-130 not being approved or him being denied because its not a bonda-fide relationship is out of the equation as they have so much proof and many things to back up their relationship.

He is working to be a Brain Surgeon. Hes been in Germany the past 3 months trying to get a job but so far no luck. So this is why he wants to come to the US and see what he can do here. But...Germany is not totally out of the question. But neither is the US as he would not mind living here and finding another profession.

I have 2 questions...

My first one is the visa is good from when it is issued until 6 months correct? Meaning if he did not come in those 6 months, they would have to restart the process. Correct?

And my second question is if he has to travel back home or to Germany for a little bit....would he be able to leave the US with his green card and return without having to do the process again?

I know the questions sound a bit silly but I did not want to give him a confident answer without some of you who know more about this than I do. Ive done searches and still dont feel safe giving him a confident answer. So any help will be appreciated :)

1 Correct, 6 months or the the validity of the medical exam, and yes, if it is not used you will have to start the process all over again.

2 yes he can leave and go where he pleases but, only for a limited time, no more than a year, although after 6 months they could give you a hard time at POE on return

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.