shadesandbalcony

MEDICAL EXAM

14 posts in this topic

hi!

we just got our case number from nvc and im planning to have my medical exam even though we havent started yet with our nvc process ( except for getting the case number).

the reason for this is last january i had my check up and they saw something on my chest xray and i was put on medication (six months) for precautionary measures even before i had my sputum test. then after 2 months of that i had my culture results and im negative. but then i cannot stop my medication anymore. anyway i just want to do the medical exam now cause for sure they will see the same spot again and i just want to start the sputum right away so the 2 month thing is already moving. but im thinking if i'm going to bring my medical records ( culture results medical cert. etc) they might honor it and i dont have to do the sputum exam anymore. do you think thats possible?

and my second concern is about the scheduling of interview and payment. i was reading the nvc thread and step by step procedure and based from what i understand there, the nvc will do the interview scheduling? but then ive seen posts from manila that theyre paying bpi and theyre the ones whos scheduling the interview? im really confused with this matter. i hope you guys can enlighten me about these. :) thank you very much and God bless!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

with IR/CR-1 NVC does the scheduling, never read of anyone with IR/CR-1 scheduling themselves.

As for SLEC and the sputum test I don't have any answers for you, take copies of your records with you to SLEC is the best I can suggest and see what they say.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

thanks for the response hank! :)

does it mean that only k-applicants will pay in local banks?

regarding the slec exam, yeah thank you :) i hope someone can help me about this matter :) God bless! :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi!

we just got our case number from nvc and im planning to have my medical exam even though we havent started yet with our nvc process ( except for getting the case number).

the reason for this is last january i had my check up and they saw something on my chest xray and i was put on medication (six months) for precautionary measures even before i had my sputum test. then after 2 months of that i had my culture results and im negative. but then i cannot stop my medication anymore. anyway i just want to do the medical exam now cause for sure they will see the same spot again and i just want to start the sputum right away so the 2 month thing is already moving. but im thinking if i'm going to bring my medical records ( culture results medical cert. etc) they might honor it and i dont have to do the sputum exam anymore. do you think thats possible?

and my second concern is about the scheduling of interview and payment. i was reading the nvc thread and step by step procedure and based from what i understand there, the nvc will do the interview scheduling? but then ive seen posts from manila that theyre paying bpi and theyre the ones whos scheduling the interview? im really confused with this matter. i hope you guys can enlighten me about these. :) thank you very much and God bless!

It seems like you're planning to fly over here as soon as you get your visa, so it's good to take the medical exam now and have the sputum test be taken care of. I keep beating myself in the head that I waited for my mom's case to be completed before I had her do the medical only to learn that she had to do the sputum exam and wait for 2 months for the results. :( St. Luke's extension clinic told her she needs to fly by March if her sputum results return negative in order to be able to use the visa which is not a problem since I want her here sooner than that.

===========================

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-18 Application Received

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

2009-01-XX Oath (Yay! I'm a citizen)

==========================

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/20 - Case received at NVC

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/04 - Received confirmation of DS-3022

09/05 - Received IV invoice

09/05 - Pay IV bill

09/06 - IV showed as paid

09/06 - Send DS-230 packet

09/10 - Received DS-230 packet by NVC

09/17 - DS-230 Accepted/Case Complete

09/28 - Transfer to Manila Embassy

10/02 - Medical Exam at St. Luke's

10/08- 10/10 - Sputum Test

10/09 - Received by Manila Embassy

10/12 - Result of Sputum Test (Need to repeat)

10/16-10/18 - Repeat Sputum Test (Negative)

12/13 - Sputum Final Result (Negative)

12/21 - Interview at Embassy (Approved)

12/28 - Visa Picked Up from 2GO

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

hi!

Your situation sounds similar to ours in that you have already started medication. Our experience is that my Fiancee told SLEC she was already under medication for suspected TB. They did require my Fiancee to do the sputum and culture tests which were always negative. However, just be aware that if you indicate that you were under previous treatment, SLEC may require you to complete the 6 month treatment. This is what happened in our case. SLEC did honor the time my Fiancee already completed and required her to merely finish the remainder of a 6 month treatment via DOT (for us that was 4 months).

I don't mean to scare you, just prepare you for the possibility of DOT which can only be administered in Manila at SLEC. Bring a certification from your doctor of when the treatment started, any Chest X Rays, and test results. Be truthful about your treatment as it is a serious health matter. I know this may be a little harsh to hear but it is something you have to consider and prepare for. Good Luck and God Bless

01/12/2013: POE
02/14/2013: MARRIED ON VALENTINE'S DAY!
03/18/2013: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail
03/28/2013: NOA - AOS, AP, EAD
04/25/2013: Biometrics

05/28/2013: RFEs for EADs and APs

06/17/2013: AOS Interviews. Approved

06/26/2013: Green Cards Received! (APs and EAD also received but not needed)

Removal of Conditions

===================================

03/25/2015: Mailed I-751

04/06/2015: NOA1

05/05/2015: Biometrics

07/27/2015: RFE

09/07/2015: RFE Response - Additional Evidence Sent

11/19/2015: Interview - APPROVED!

12/15/2016: Green Cards Issued!

hi ca babe! i know it's better to be proactive than to wait. my husband is here with me right now coz were planning to fly back together in the states. :) so does it mean that if i do my medical next week I need to leave right away after the culture and sputum is done? I thought the validity of medical is for 6 months? thanks for your respond and God bless!

Daniel I think that's for fiancé visa. For spouses visa it's the nvc who will sched the interview. Just found out about it :)

six7one I'm done with my medication. I started January and I was done July so I don't think I need the DOT thing anymore and besides I had my culture too and I'm negative for it. thank you for the concern :) did they honor the medical certificate? Coz I was thinking if I'm going to show them my culture results from this center for disease facility in front of makati med :) thank you and God bless you too :)

Timeline

hi ca babe! i know it's better to be proactive than to wait. my husband is here with me right now coz were planning to fly back together in the states. :) so does it mean that if i do my medical next week I need to leave right away after the culture and sputum is done? I thought the validity of medical is for 6 months? thanks for your respond and God bless!

Yes, the validity of the medical for Philippines is 6 months. Usually, the validity of the visa is also 6 months. However, if you took your medical exam too soon for example, 4 months before your interview, they might give you a 2-month visa instead and you have to go to US within 2-months. But if you don't get an RFE or have problems with your papers, then you should more than have enough time.

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/05 - Pay IV bill

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Timeline

thanks for the response hank! :)

does it mean that only k-applicants will pay in local banks?

regarding the slec exam, yeah thank you :) i hope someone can help me about this matter :) God bless! :)

Yes the K-1 visa applicants pay at BPI.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Daniel I think that's for fiancé visa. For spouses visa it's the nvc who will sched the interview. Just found out about it :)

six7one I'm done with my medication. I started January and I was done July so I don't think I need the DOT thing anymore and besides I had my culture too and I'm negative for it. thank you for the concern :) did they honor the medical certificate? Coz I was thinking if I'm going to show them my culture results from this center for disease facility in front of makati med :) thank you and God bless you too :)

Husband is there right now.... hmm, no boom-boom! :rofl: SLEC will ask and if there is the slightest chance of you being pregnant they will make you wait for your shots, thus delaying your medical.

As said medical is good for six months, but the validity of the visa is tied to that date also.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Ah ok I misread. They honored the certification that my Fiancee took medication. As for your existing culture results I cannot say. Good luck and let us know how everything turns out. Your update/information would surely benefit other VJ members.

01/12/2013: POE
02/14/2013: MARRIED ON VALENTINE'S DAY!
03/18/2013: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail
03/28/2013: NOA - AOS, AP, EAD
04/25/2013: Biometrics

05/28/2013: RFEs for EADs and APs

06/17/2013: AOS Interviews. Approved

06/26/2013: Green Cards Received! (APs and EAD also received but not needed)

Removal of Conditions

===================================

03/25/2015: Mailed I-751

04/06/2015: NOA1

05/05/2015: Biometrics

07/27/2015: RFE

09/07/2015: RFE Response - Additional Evidence Sent

11/19/2015: Interview - APPROVED!

12/15/2016: Green Cards Issued!

thanks for that information ca babe! :) was thinking about it so I might just do my medical once we submitted the papers to nvc coz I'm worried that we will get an rfe and the validity of it will expire. The 6 month count of validity will start from the day you had the exam right? Not from the day you received the result of sputum culture?

haha oh ive read about that hank! :P even if we do "that" and have my medical exam I won't get vaccine shots anyway coz ill be having sputum culture :)) but thanks anyway :P

six7one I will definitely update you guys after my medical exam. :) thank you!

Timeline

thanks for that information ca babe! :) was thinking about it so I might just do my medical once we submitted the papers to nvc coz I'm worried that we will get an rfe and the validity of it will expire. The 6 month count of validity will start from the day you had the exam right? Not from the day you received the result of sputum culture?

It's the day of the first day of the physical exam and not the day that you receive the result of the sputum culture.

2008-08-16 Sent N-400

2008-08-19 Check Cashed

2008-09-18 Biometrics

2008-12-09 Interview

07/19 - NOA2 approval

08/23 - emailed DS-3022

08/25 - mailed AOS

08/27 - received AOS

08/31 - AOS Accepted

09/05 - Pay IV bill

12/28 - CFO

12/30 - POE (LAX)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.