Nova86

K1 Visa Interview Montréal Question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just have a question with my upcoming K1 Visa Interview in Montréal.. I just want to be 100% sure on the documents needed for my interview..and if there is any additional paperwork needed to be filled out and brought with me. I have my affidavit of support information and form, police record my form DS-156 and 156K, tons of evidence of relationship. Also im bringing my entire I-129 package and package 3 in duplicates. Also have my medical records and all records to show I got all my needles I needed. Letter from my fiances employeer. Birth Certificate (photocopies to) Im just keep racking my mind im going to forget something... am I missing something?

Thanks Guys*

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

2 passport-style photographs? Photocopy of your passport bio page? (Plus your passport of course) Letter of intent from your fiance signed within 30 days?

You can find what you need to bring on the official Montreal consulate website- that's where you should check first.

Edit: Appointment checklist from the Montreal consulate website. http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/visas/visas/fianc-k-1-visas/appointment-checklist.html

PLEASE note that there is an error on that page and the website says to bring an I-864. This is NOT applicable for K1s; you bring the I-134 instead. They copy-pasted the checklist for immigrant visas onto the checklist for K1 visas (K1 is technically not an immigrant visa). K1s have emailed Montreal before asking about this and were told to bring the I-134. This only causes confusion now because they recently changed their website and haven't fixed the error yet. So don't panic when you see I-864 on that list.

Likewise evidence of domicile does not apply if your fiance lives in the US currently, nor do marriage or divorce certificates or custody documents unless you were previously married or you're bringing children to the USA. Nor do military or court records unless they apply to you.

Make sure you have the original and a copy of the supporting documents you want to submit during your interview.

To prevent unnecessary delays during your interview, please arrange your documents in the following order:

Valid Passport and photocopy of the biographic page.

Ticket with your number (will be given at the Consulate).

Medical Examination in a sealed envelope (X-ray is not required, unless there is TB).

2 color passport-size pictures (5 cm X 5 cm or 2 inch X 2 inch).

Form DS-230 (175KB PDF), part I, or Confirmation Page of the electronic form DS-260.

2 copies of form DS-156 completed online and printed with barcode.

Form DS-156K (PDF 292K) (do not sign).

Confirmation page of the electronic form DS-160.

Statement of intent to marry from the U.S. petitioner (signed within last 30 days).

Birth Certificate, English translation and a photocopy.

Marriage Certificate, English translation and a photocopy.

Divorce Certificate, English translation and a photocopy.

Custody documents, English translation and photocopy.

Police Certificates from Canada and other countries of previous residence.

Court / Criminal records and photocopy.

Military records and photocopy.

Evidence of Support (I-864, I-864A, I-864EZ, I-864W) and photocopy of IRS transcript or photocopy of the most recent Federal income tax return.

Copy of the U.S. petitioner status in the USA.

Copies of documents proving petitioner's U.S. domicile.

Edited by pocheros

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you so much! Looks like I have everything in order :) I just get paranoid that im going to forget something and realize it when they ask me for it at my interview! I feel much better now knowing that Im a-ok! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you so much! Looks like I have everything in order :) I just get paranoid that im going to forget something and realize it when they ask me for it at my interview! I feel much better now knowing that Im a-ok! :thumbs:

The interview is a piece of cake! You should be fine :) Good luck!

• 8 months later...

thanks! This helps me too :)

♥ Our K-1 Journey ♥
11/24/2012 - I-129F submitted via UPS (Vermont Service Center)
11/27/2012 - NOA1

06/05/2013- NOA2

06/10/2013-NVC received our case

06/14/2013-MTL case number assigned

06/17/2013-Case sent to Montreal

06/19/2013-Logged at Montreal

06/21/2013-Packet 3 sent out

06/27/2013- Packet 4 sent out

08/30/2013- Interview Montreal
09/09/2013-POE- Grand Portage, MN.

09/10/2013-at home in Kentucky

10/12/2013- we are MARRIED!

♥ Our AOS Journey ♥

11/21/2013 - submitted via USPS

11/27/2013-NOA1

12/23/2013-Biometrics appt. Louisville

01/24/2014-EAD/AP approved (65 days)

01/30/2014-EAD/AP mailed out, USPS 2 day tracking number assigned

02/01/2014-EAD/AP combo card arrived in the mail

03/04/2014- Used Advance Parole document to re-enter after a visit to Canada (without any issues)!

03/09/2014- checked USCIS website and saw update saying "Card/Document production" for I-485

03/13/2014-AOS approved. Received Welcome Letter (i-797)

03/17/2014-Green Card arrived in the mail

♥ Our ROC Journey ♥

12/17/2015-Mailed pkg. via USPS
12/22/2015 -NOA1

1/21/2016-Biometrics appt. Louisville

9/8/2016- INFOPass appt for I-551 stamp

3/3/2017-Filed online service request

3/3/2017- ROC approved. (Online status never changed)

3/9/2017- Rec'd approval letter in mail. 

3/21/2017- Text and emails stating card was mailed out

3/24/2017- Rec'd Greencard in the mail

The sun sets on this ocean, never once on my devotion - Eddie Vedder

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.