Az1988

I'm new and just starting the K-1 Visa Process

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello!

I've been reading on this sites forums for a few weeks now and have to say it's got the best inofrmation! I'm in england and my Fiancé is in America, I've just come back from seeing her 2 weeks ago and she is going to be sending the K-1 off sometime in the next 2 weeks. I didn't realize that she had to have a passport photo of me so I'm going to have to take one and mail her it. The process is long but we've been in a long distance relationship for 2 years now.

I have a concern though, we met on Xbox and spend all of our time together on Xbox, we use Hotmail to talk when away, but I have no emails past 25/10/12 because of them being deleted and cannot be brought back, will like 50 emails (copied onto word and printed) be enough for the K-1 app? Aswell as our pics together and flight proof?

Awesome website, I'm pleased I found it! It's gonna be a hard journey because of my previous mental and making sure we can prove that we are legit, but I'm prepared for anything to be with her. =]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello!

I've been reading on this sites forums for a few weeks now and have to say it's got the best inofrmation! I'm in england and my Fiancé is in America, I've just come back from seeing her 2 weeks ago and she is going to be sending the K-1 off sometime in the next 2 weeks. I didn't realize that she had to have a passport photo of me so I'm going to have to take one and mail her it. The process is long but we've been in a long distance relationship for 2 years now.

I have a concern though, we met on Xbox and spend all of our time together on Xbox, we use Hotmail to talk when away, but I have no emails past 25/10/12 because of them being deleted and cannot be brought back, will like 50 emails (copied onto word and printed) be enough for the K-1 app? Aswell as our pics together and flight proof?

Awesome website, I'm pleased I found it! It's gonna be a hard journey because of my previous mental and making sure we can prove that we are legit, but I'm prepared for anything to be with her. =]

Hi there, welcome to VJ. Take a look at this link. This will help you in preparing the needed documents for your I-129 Application. Good luck on your journey.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Sweetie:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello!

Hi and welcome!!! Just like your case, my fiance and I have been together for 2 and a half years. We started this process beginning october. he had to get a passport photo and send it to me. It took a month to get everything ready and double check all the paperwork, however the package was sent yesterday to immigration and now we just have to wait! it is a simple process as long as you have all the information that you need. And me and my fiance do not have any emails, we have text messages and phone calls, yet nothing on the computer. But, as long as you have a couple of pictures together and the flight ticket that should be good. I wish you best of luck!!!! It is a short process even though we think it's long.

eJLMm6.png

K1 Visa JourneyI129F

Sent: Nov 1st,2012

NOA1: Nov 7th,2012

NOA2:May 28th, 2013

NVC CASE RECEIVE: June10, 2013

NVC CASE LEFT: June 12,2013

EMBASSY RECEIVED: June 14, 2013

Packet3:never received he asked in ciudad juarez for it.

Medical: Aug.6,2013

Interview: Aug.7, 2013 approved

visa received: August 14, 2013

poe: August 21, 2013

AOS:

Sent:February 3,2014

Received: February 7,2014

Biometrics: March 14, 2014

EAD: April 23rd (Online Status changed)

EAD Card Received: May 1st

I485: still in initial Review since Feb 11

Hello!

Welcome! First, fill in your profile and select UK so your post will appear in the UK portal. Be sure the passport photo you send is US-sized and not UK-sized. The flight proof, passport stamps, and receipts are the key evidence to send. Photos and emails are secondary evidence, so while you should send a few photos, you don't have to send hundreds of pages of emails, if you opt to send any at all. I didn't include any emails or Skype logs in the petition for my fiancé.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

Hello and welcome to VJ!!

Be sure to read all the information you can on the download section for the K1 form.

I understand you have Xbox, are you a Gold Member? If so, then feel free to add me as I am on that more than on VJ if you need any help lol!

My gamertag is BrockUK

Welcome to the family! :thumbs:

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Timeline

I was going to sit and print screen some facebook from the past few months, copy and past 10/15emails to and from eachother, I have no 'stamps' I have a brand new passport, nothing is marked in it, it was all electronic? I have the receipt, I have flight itinerary, boarding passes? That will all be enough won't it? We have around 20 photo's together.

My only concern really is my previous mental health.. =/ 5/6 years ago I had a suicide attempt whilst drunk, and another 6 months later overdosing, I have had nothing since, I've been on anti-depressants one year ago for 2 weeks and before that about 3 years ago. i went to my doctor and he has put about me starting the process on my medical and that I'm mentally fit, he's also going to write a letter for it and put my in for psych diagnosis (payed, private) for when the time comes. I'm madly in love with this girl and I'm terrified about not being with her because of things I did before I knew her. I know it's going to be a fight because of this, but I am much better, this was when I was 18 and I'm nearly 24 now, so I hope they can see past my stupidity..

She has a near-2 year old son, so coming here would probs not be a very easy option.. Thanks for your help!

Timeline

I was going to sit and print screen some facebook from the past few months, copy and past 10/15emails to and from eachother, I have no 'stamps' I have a brand new passport, nothing is marked in it, it was all electronic? I have the receipt, I have flight itinerary, boarding passes? That will all be enough won't it? We have around 20 photo's together.

My only concern really is my previous mental health.. =/ 5/6 years ago I had a suicide attempt whilst drunk, and another 6 months later overdosing, I have had nothing since, I've been on anti-depressants one year ago for 2 weeks and before that about 3 years ago. i went to my doctor and he has put about me starting the process on my medical and that I'm mentally fit, he's also going to write a letter for it and put my in for psych diagnosis (payed, private) for when the time comes. I'm madly in love with this girl and I'm terrified about not being with her because of things I did before I knew her. I know it's going to be a fight because of this, but I am much better, this was when I was 18 and I'm nearly 24 now, so I hope they can see past my stupidity..

She has a near-2 year old son, so coming here would probs not be a very easy option.. Thanks for your help!

You should be OK. The US is only worried about whether you will be a burden on their medical system. The doctors for the medical do not have access to your medical records.

Timeline

I thought you had to take a copy of your medical to the medical and that they go through it all to see what kind of medical life you have had?

No. You have to fill in a medical questionnaire before going for the medical and take it with you. There is a question about whether you have ever harmed yourself, a question about whether you have ever suffered from depression, and a question about whether you are on medication.

If in doubt, take a letter saying you are not a threat to yourself or others. In the worse case scenario you will be asked to see a recommended psychiatrist, but this will only postpone the visa process by a couple of weeks.

You only need to take vaccination records (if you have them)

Edited by Jacque67

Timeline

I have uptodate records of my vaccinations, I'll be able to get a copy of that and the criminal record, I have zero, so that'll be fine aswell.

My family GP is going to write me a letter closer to the date about me being mentally healthy and no danger and also setting me up with a private psych to get a full eval and letter to show aswell. So even though I'll have to admit that I have had some bad times and done silly things, the letter from my own GP and a pro Psych will show I'm fine and will be okay? i'm not on meds and haven't been since this time last year. The main problem is I have clear 'X' scars across both wrists, which cannot be hidden.. I am sure they'll understand being immature and teen-like behaviour, it's just I am a different person now and want them to believe me.

I am feeling alot better for this, I'm just so afraid of losing her, you know?

Edited by Az1988

Timeline

I have uptodate records of my vaccinations, I'll be able to get a copy of that and the criminal record, I have zero, so that'll be fine aswell.

My family GP is going to write me a letter closer to the date about me being mentally healthy and no danger and also setting me up with a private psych to get a full eval and letter to show aswell. So even though I'll have to admit that I have had some bad times and done silly things, the letter from my own GP and a pro Psych will show I'm fine and will be okay? i'm not on meds and haven't been since this time last year. The main problem is I have clear 'X' scars across both wrists, which cannot be hidden.. I am sure they'll understand being immature and teen-like behaviour, it's just I am a different person now and want them to believe me.

I am feeling alot better for this, I'm just so afraid of losing her, you know?

Don't worry. You have an explanation for the scars. As long as you are honest, and not a threat to yourself or others, I think you will have no problems. I have read of many past self-harmers getting a K-1. Lots of people make mistakes. Stay positive and try to remain sane during hr long wait for the NOA2 :rofl:

All relationships can be scary. Have faith!

Timeline

I have looked many times and have seen things I didn't want to read and things that make me feel better, I know every case is individual so it's not set to how it will go, even if they make me go for another psych eval, aslong as they give me a second chance to prove it if they fail me first time. She is going to send the K-1 off in probably 2 weeks from now, once I mail the last things to her this weekend (Maybe a week mail to US) we can get started! This is the hardest part for sure, the wait for the light at the end! Just 8 months to wait maybe? Until interview from the start?

Thanks alot for the support, I know it's not a very nice subject, but I had to discuss it as it will come up for sure. Thankyou!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.