chikings

Need your insight and expertise

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi all, miss chatting with you.. Just had to get the ball moving and I'm soo happy really for all the approvals that were posted.. It keeps my hope alive.. So take a seat because this is a long one. Please read and tell me if you thing if there is anything else I need to address now, before (when ever that may be) I get hard proof on my denial.

I'm trying to make sure I have evidence to address reasons for denial of the K-1.. Because I do wish to marry Kingsley as we plan before the year is out..They did not crush that dream.. But as mention I need to make sure I can have evidence of what they "saw as non - bonafide"

so of course my attempts to have my case stay in lagos is not going to happen.. I even had request for the diplomatic pouch number.. They said the case is closed now and they don't know when it will be picked up . it will take several weeks.. Futher communication comes from NVC.. I can not get the memo notes from the

CO unti it hits US soil using the Freedom of information act.. sooo just want your insight.. going by what my fiancee wrote down ..

MY fiancee answer everyquestion, with out delay, but she kept going back to, "THE BABYDADDY" (never married) issues "how sure are you that there is no relationship, questions about my sons dad, "where does he live, what type of job, did he go to college, why are they not together, how much time does he spend, is it alone in the house or does my son go to his , blah , bla h blah.(WITCH!!) Now after KINGS and I marry this should remove most doubt. I will have notarize statments of from my sons father of no - relationship, I will show he did not sign birthcertifcate, which in Arzonia it means he was not there or chose not to sign.. not only that, 9 years later he still has not signed it.. I will show tax returns that I worked in AZ for the 4 years while he was in Michigan working (his tax returns), pergnant, birthing and raising my son son alone for 4 years.

Next "it seems" she was un believing how we meet. CO said "Like if she really had postions available overseas where you were, why didn't she take them." This one still stuns me because was I to move overseas just because I met a casual friend, because that is all Kingsley was at first , when I finally did like him enough to consider him as a "boy friend" not even a fiancee,, he left!! he was only there for 4 1/2 months!.

So my proof which was in the file will be the letter form my employere showing the date of the promotion and the wage increase and my taxes shwoing the increase, Which is why I chose to stay put. Also, this time I willl go back and submitt ever job offer from the three major international companies since last year, They still have a update file ome and are sending me montly oversears job offes that i qualify for. Lastly, the CO seem to be upset at the pics we took at the river bank (SHE KEPT THEM) in the back of the parking lot of the embassy.. Again I stated I was unaware that this was illegal because, others were taking pics, and Nigereians are husslin up there taking pics for those who need pass port photos. So to that all I can do is apologize I just wanted a keepsake since I would not be there for interview..

The other question that was asked by posting from this site was there any red flags. I am 43 and he is 35 soon to be 36.. He said the CO never asked a question about our ages, she said, so how many more kids do you want to have, he said , before I meet her i knew I didn't want more than 2 because I have helped raise 3 girls and one boy when my father passesd. She gave her sympathy and said well you two already have 1 with her son so 2 is a good number. So I don't know if that was fake, or she really didn't have a problem with it.

So what is your insight.. on this matter all feed back is apperciative.

Peace,

Chi

Filed: Timeline

Hi Chi! Once again sorry for your minor setbacks and yes you'll certainly overcome your case by getting married since the CO wanted to make sure you are no more in love with your ex... How else could you prove that other than legally marrying your new love, Kingsley? The second and the major reason for this denial is in violating the embassy security rule as it was so upsetting to the CO... You can overcome this also by genuinely marrying your fiancee... I think the CO didn't have any challenge about your age diff and having kids so that's a positive indication of better thing ahead of you in the next round which if you choose will be cr-1 journey... If you were able to marry and file this year you will have the chance of reuniting with your husband by september 2013 hopefully... Wishing you all the best

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry Chi,it is one of those things in life.It's just unfortunate that he fell into the hands of the wrong interviewer.From my own opinion i would advice you to file a new petition ASAP.A fresh K1/CR1 depending on the one your mind leads you to.Waiting on the respond of the recent denial is just a waste of time,i may sound so discouraging but that's just the truth.Seeing him again in a couple of months for interview in Lagos by same petitioner is more than enough to convince them that you guys are in for real.Don't waste time trying to wait,make your plans now.I live in Tempe AZ,feel free to contact me whenever you want.I am a beneficiary of a K1 petition.

Timeline

Sorry Chi,it is one of those things in life.It's just unfortunate that he fell into the hands of the wrong interviewer.From my own opinion i would advice you to file a new petition ASAP.A fresh K1/CR1 depending on the one your mind leads you to.Waiting on the respond of the recent denial is just a waste of time,i may sound so discouraging but that's just the truth.Seeing him again in a couple of months for interview in Lagos by same petitioner is more than enough to convince them that you guys are in for real.Don't waste time trying to wait,make your plans now.I live in Tempe AZ,feel free to contact me whenever you want.I am a beneficiary of a K1 petition.

Thanks , Yes I am going to make that move this month.. I just wanted others to examing and see if I might be missing something.. thanks so much and good luck to you on your K-1..

Timeline

Did your picture include the embassy itself ? If it was just the beach they should get over it. What they don't want is pictures of the enbassy, expecially things that would help plan an attack. That being said if you had planned anything evil why would you present your pictures ? Hopefully you didn't land yourself on a terror watch list.

I think we need a thread to go over the CO's again. Sounds like we have at least one nasty one. I haven't heard of the asian lady lately but she was the terror of the interviews when we went through ( although she is the one that approved Joseph and I ) At the same time there was an older white man that tended to approve everyone.

You are a California centered rejection which means you probably won't hear anything other than "your K1 has expired you ae free to refile"

NO matter what you do your second time your chances of getting approved are higher. As I said in PM , there are only rare second petitions for the same person that get rejected. Seeing that she was hung up on your children and his bio dad you will need to cover it in the next petition. You sound like you also need to lay out a more complete relationship history. The basic rule is that they must unover a "new fact" to deny. The less holes you leave in your history the less they have to uncover. Be prepared to cover the "limited childbearing" time that will be left by the time your next interview rolls around.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Did your picture include the embassy itself ? If it was just the beach they should get over it. What they don't want is pictures of the enbassy, expecially things that would help plan an attack. That being said if you had planned anything evil why would you present your pictures ? Hopefully you didn't land yourself on a terror watch list.

I think we need a thread to go over the CO's again. Sounds like we have at least one nasty one. I haven't heard of the asian lady lately but she was the terror of the interviews when we went through ( although she is the one that approved Joseph and I ) At the same time there was an older white man that tended to approve everyone.

You are a California centered rejection which means you probably won't hear anything other than "your K1 has expired you ae free to refile"

NO matter what you do your second time your chances of getting approved are higher. As I said in PM , there are only rare second petitions for the same person that get rejected. Seeing that she was hung up on your children and his bio dad you will need to cover it in the next petition. You sound like you also need to lay out a more complete relationship history. The basic rule is that they must unover a "new fact" to deny. The less holes you leave in your history the less they have to uncover. Be prepared to cover the "limited childbearing" time that will be left by the time your next interview rolls around.

HI ... Ohh no we were not in front or even close to the building.We were at the river bank and next to the cab in the parking lot.. Oooh my I hope she didn't think that.. wow!! thanks for the advice though..

Filed: Timeline

I learned something new.

An American citizen cannot take an incidental picture of the Embassy yet foreigners can take pictures of the White House.

This is apolitical issue for me especially during this election, I believe that we do indeed have too much government.

But I digress. Again.

Chi, I'm elated to read that you're not giving up. Work with your Fiance, I am certain he is in a depressive mood right now so cheer him up as much as you can.

Good luck to you Guys.

Timeline

Anyone can take a picture of the White House . No one is supposed to photogranph the embassy. It doesn;'t matter you nationality, They post all over the street no photos allowed.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

I learned something new.

An American citizen cannot take an incidental picture of the Embassy yet foreigners can take pictures of the White House.

This is apolitical issue for me especially during this election, I believe that we do indeed have too much government.

But I digress. Again.

Chi, I'm elated to read that you're not giving up. Work with your Fiance, I am certain he is in a depressive mood right now so cheer him up as much as you can.

Good luck to you Guys.

i inbxed u

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Chi, my heart aches for you, soo sorry that now you have been delayed. For your next move K1 or CR1, I don't think that Lagos is hung up on age differene only because I just turned 42 and my fiance just 26, I have one 6 yr old and fiance none yet, but I made sure that we had so much evidence, Facebook screenshots, Skype, Messinger, Rebtel, Voxophone, Google voice, my tel entire bills with call logs and highlited our calls to each other , made sure all was in folders and all well organized, I overkilled evidence left no room for denial, but souds like your CO may have gotton up on the wrong side of the bed you your day of interview. Whichever way you choose next you will be fine prayed for you good luck with your next move and please keep hanging in there.

Our K1 journey

01/18/2012 - sent I-29f application/petition via USPS

01/22/2012 - package delivered - Dallas TX

01/25/2012 - NOA1

01/26/2012 - got e-mail ( application received and routed to the Vermont Service Center for processing

01/26/2012 - $340.00 payment processed

01/30/2012 - NOA1 - paper copy

01/30/2012 - sent letter to USCIS because original Receipt Notice said to verify benificiarys birthdate

02/02/2012 - letter (with correct birthdate) sent via USPS delivered - Saint Albans VT

02/09/2012 - touched

07/13/2012 - NOA2 - e-mail

07/18/2012 - NOA2 - paper copy

07/20/2012 - called - NVC / got case number

07/23/2012 - called - left NVC

07/23/2012 - mailed my package to fiance - USPS Express

07/28/2012 - fiance got text message package there

07/30/2012 - got letter NVC

07/30/2012 - Lagos Embassy received

09/21/2012 - interview

<FONT style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt">

ticker.png

</FONT>

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.