arleygirl

Questions with filling out forms

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there. My husband and I are in the process of getting our paperwork ready to send and there are a few things we need clarity on.

He is here on a B2 Visitor Visa.

I am a natural born US Citizen.

We are both currently inside the United States.

We are filing the I-130 package and the I-485 package simultaneously.

If you can help with one or more of the questions, I really appreciate it! Please be sure to specify which question you are answering.

Thanks for your help,

Rachael

Question #1: Regarding line #22 on the I-130 - What do I enter into the blanks for specific City and State?

22. Complete the information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status.

Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office in:

City:__________________________ State:________________________

Question #2: Regarding Applicant's Residence for the last five years on the G-325A - I am the USC and I have lived all over the place, however, I have always kept one "permanent address" on my state ID. Can I just list the address that I've kept on my state ID & that I've used for the majority of my mail? Or do I have to actually list every address that I've lived at and possibly received a little mail at?

Question #3: Regarding G-325A - I am the USC and I am filing a petition for my husband. In the box next to the signature it says: "This form is submitted in connection with an application for: Naturalization, Status as Permanent Resident, Other (choose one). My guess is that the correct choice is "Status as Permanent Resident", am I correct?

Question #4: Regarding Part 1 of the I-485

Current USCIS Status___________________ Expires on mm/dd/yyyy______________________

Are they asking for his I-94 status and expiration date or his visa status and expiration date?

Question #5: Regarding Part 2 of the I-485

The form reads: "I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status because:" and then lists options a - j. My husband and I have both read through all of the descriptions several times and we don't feel that any of them apply to us. Which one are we supposed to select for our situation?

AOS progress for my Filipino husband

Oct 06, 2012 - Married

Oct 30, 2012 (Day 0) - AOS Package (I-130 & I-485 w/EAD & Advanced Parole request) mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Nov 01, 2012 (Day 2) - AOS Package Delivered to PO Box

Nov 01, 2012 (Day 2) - AOS Package Signed for by D Colonnia

Nov 05, 2012 (Day 6) - Received 4 text messages & 4 e-mails to confirm receipt of paperwork

Nov 09, 2012 (Day 10) - Checks cashed

Nov 09, 2012 (Day 10) - Received NOAs in the mail.

Nov 16, 2012 (Day 17) - Received Biometrics appointment info.

Dec 01, 2012 (Day 32) - Completed walk-in biometrics.

Dec 31, 2012 (Day 62) - Received interview appointment info.

Jan 19, 2012 (Day 81) - Received EAD/AP Card.

Jan 31, 2013 (Day 93) - Interview

Feb 04, 2013 (Day 97) - Received Approval Letter

Feb 05, 2013 (Day 98) - Received Green Card!

Guides here: http://www.visajourn...aos-in-the-usa/

Question #1: Regarding line #22 on the I-130 - What do I enter into the blanks for specific City and State?

22. Complete the information below if your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status.

Your relative is in the United States and will apply for adjustment of status to that of a lawful permanent resident at the USCIS office in:

City:__________________________ State:________________________

What city is your husband currently living in? What is the nearest Field Office to you? Go to the USCIS page to find out: https://egov.uscis.g....office_type=LO

Question #2: Regarding Applicant's Residence for the last five years on the G-325A - I am the USC and I have lived all over the place, however, I have always kept one "permanent address" on my state ID. Can I just list the address that I've kept on my state ID & that I've used for the majority of my mail? Or do I have to actually list every address that I've lived at and possibly received a little mail at?

List them all if you can. I listed even my college addresses - those were definitely ridiculously temporary.

Question #3: Regarding G-325A - I am the USC and I am filing a petition for my husband. In the box next to the signature it says: "This form is submitted in connection with an application for: Naturalization, Status as Permanent Resident, Other (choose one). My guess is that the correct choice is "Status as Permanent Resident", am I correct?

Yes.

Question #4: Regarding Part 1 of the I-485

Current USCIS Status___________________ Expires on mm/dd/yyyy______________________

Are they asking for his I-94 status and expiration date or his visa status and expiration date?

Current status: B2, Expires: Date on I-94

Question #5: Regarding Part 2 of the I-485

The form reads: "I am applying for an adjustment to permanent resident status because:" and then lists options a - j. My husband and I have both read through all of the descriptions several times and we don't feel that any of them apply to us. Which one are we supposed to select for our situation?

your situation is A. an immediate relative of a US citizen (spouse, children, parents) always has a visa number available.

Please read the instructions that come with each form and also the guides here on VJ. It saves a lot of time so people won't keep asking the same questions or questions that the instructions give you the answer to.

Edited by akihon

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

On the USC's G-325a, most people mark "other" and write in "I-130"

AOS

5/16/2012 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox at 1:33pm

5/21/2012 - Email/text notifications received at 4:50 p.m.

5/26/2012 - NOA hard copies received for I-130, I-485 and I-765

6/19/2012 - Biometrics completed.

7/02/2012 - Text/email/hard copy notification of interview.

7/30/2012 - EAD card production ordered.

8/02/2012 - Interview @ 2:00

8/02/2012 - Email notification of GC production at 5:30pm

8/07/2012 - Second GC production email

8/07/2012 - EAD received.

8/08/2012 - GC mailed.

8/09/2012 - Welcome letter and I-130 approval letter received.

8/10/2012 - Green card received. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.