pauliface

IR-1 Interview LONDON

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have been married for 6 years (not sure if this is showing on timeline) and lived together before then. I am now awaiting for an interview, any idea how long this will take? As I've sent all forms they require and attend my medical next Friday.

My next question is, other than the forms they require what am I going to expect at the embassy in London so far as, on arrival to questions?

Thank you!

Hi all,

I have been married for 6 years (not sure if this is showing on timeline) and lived together before then. I am now awaiting for an interview, any idea how long this will take? As I've sent all forms they require and attend my medical next Friday.

My next question is, other than the forms they require what am I going to expect at the embassy in London so far as, on arrival to questions?

Thank you!

From your timeline it looks as if you are waiting to go through the NVC stage. The time it takes to get through it really depends on you and how thoroughly you follow directions and how quickly you get each process completed. Some get through in a month and others haven taken three months and longer.

RIght now you should be calling NVC to see if they have issued you and NVC Case number and Invoice number. Also, follow the October NVC thread by Saylin. Particularly, read her first and second pages. Since it is the end of October, she will start a new November NVC thread soon. Stay with her throughout your process and she will be able to answer any questions that come up! Here is the link... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/391875-nvc-filers-october-2012/

Good luck to you! God bless!

Edited by Dana and Divine

It seems unlikely that you could have a case complete at the NVC yet since your petition was approved only two weeks ago. NVC will schedule your interview, not the embassy. And it seems that London is over- booked for November. It was reported in the UK forum that a member with a November interview got a call from the embassy yesterday asking if they could move the interview to a later date since November is overbooked. So don't count on November even if you indeed are complete at NVC.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I am more confused than ever! LOL

I have a case number which was in a letter telling me what they want next. My case number started with LND for London of course. This is NOA2? Or... Will I get another case number from the NVC?

I was informed once they get all my documents they will send an interview date a couple of weeks after (when I called the helpline provided at the US enbassy London website). I just wonder roughly how many weeks away for an interview?

I thought the embassy in London provided a date, not the NVC. I don't know though.

I followed that link provided above, it is hard to make sense of it tbh. I know a lot of work is put into it though. It appears it is for petitioners outside the UK.

I hope I am being clear enough.

Thank you for all the responses so far, they are opening my eyes to things

I am more confused than ever! LOL

I have a case number which was in a letter telling me what they want next. My case number started with LND for London of course. This is NOA2? Or... Will I get another case number from the NVC?

I was informed once they get all my documents they will send an interview date a couple of weeks after (when I called the helpline provided at the US enbassy London website). I just wonder roughly how many weeks away for an interview?

I thought the embassy in London provided a date, not the NVC. I don't know though.

I followed that link provided above, it is hard to make sense of it tbh. I know a lot of work is put into it though. It appears it is for petitioners outside the UK.

I hope I am being clear enough.

Thank you for all the responses so far, they are opening my eyes to things

Where does the US citizen live? If you live in the UK now with your spouse and your petition was filed in London at the USCIS office, then your process is different. But your timeline says you filed to Texas Service Center. So what is it? where did you mail the I-130 petition for your spouse? Texas is not an option.

Hard to help without knowing more details.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Where does the US citizen live? If you live in the UK now with your spouse and your petition was filed in London at the USCIS office, then your process is different. But your timeline says you filed to Texas Service Center. So what is it? where did you mail the I-130 petition for your spouse? Texas is not an option.

Hard to help without knowing more details.

Sorry I filed in London and my wife is with me in the UK. I will recheck my timeline, I don't remember putting Texas.

Sorry I filed in London and my wife is with me in the UK. I will recheck my timeline, I don't remember putting Texas.

Okay, I get it now. Your "filed for" (under your name in posts) needs to be IR1/CR1 (DCF)

You are doing Direct Consulr Fililing and your process does not go to the NVC. There is a forum for DCF. And even a London DCF thread. Holly is the expert to ask for help. Here is the thread. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/371376-london-uk-dcf-2012/

Read it all the way through and see if it helps. Then if you have further questions, ask in that thread. London will be scheduling your interview, but maybe not in November since it was reported by one UK member they have overbooked.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.