kwara4u

Wife CR-1 Interview Comming soon

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Team,

My wife is going to have an Interview next month in Islamabad. I have created aroubd 50 questions for her to prepare with info taken from DS-230 like her name/ her parents info plus her educations etc plus all of that info regarding myself like where i work and all. I won't go into detail its all basic stuff that people have writted in this form. I have a few concerns that i would like to address and get your advice.

I have submitted all documents to NVC but did not submit wedding photos. I submitted about 5 wedding photos when i filled I-130 form (even though they never asked) but i didn't sent any pics to NVC because they never asked. Would it affect our case? I have created 100 pics album for my wife to take to interview that has our shaadi/valima pics plus some family gathering photos that we took after wedding.

Also we did not go for Honeymoon cuz i was there for short time (2 weeks) and right after my wedding it was my cousin's wedding

We don't have any reconrd of emails and facebook chats cuz where she lives they dont have internet connection all time plus they are (her family) very simple people they aren't really modernized or upto the technology. All i have is our phone records and the money transfer receipt as proof that we are still married and in an on going relationship. Is that good enough Phone record + Money transfer receipt (around 3 receipts)

Lastly, I have a joiint sponsor my sister. Do they ask questions regarding joint sponsor or no. I have seen that they sometimes require an I-864A completed by joint sponsor's spouse as well if they file taxes jointly (which i didn't submit cuz NVC never asked) but i have sent my wife a copy completed by joint sponsor's spouse just in case if they ask she will have it. Although they file taxes jointly, we are not using her husband income cuzz my sister makes enough alone to satify the requirement. Please let me know if you are aware of this issue.

I have also sent copies of all documents submitted to NVC to my wife incase they ask but she doesn't understand any of the documents. Do you think consular officer will ask for those documents again?

Lastly, from all of your experiences, what are some of the most frequently asked questions that the Consular officier asks almost all married candidates during interview.

Also if you happend to know of any good hotel or guest house in islamabad near US Embassy that is cheap (NOT 5 star) please let me know

Thanks

1/24/2012: I-130 packet Sent

2/5/2012: NOA 1

05/28/2012: Petition Approved

06/07/2012: Choice of agent sent

06/25/2012: Invoice 1 paid

06/28/2012: Affidavit of support with all document sent

7/02/2012: Invoice 2 paid

09/17/2012: DS-230 + police certificate + original marriage documents sent

9/24/2012: NVC Case Completed

9/30/2012: NVC Assigns Interview Date

10/31/2012: Meical Done

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Team,

My wife is going to have an Interview next month in Islamabad. I have created aroubd 50 questions for her to prepare with info taken from DS-230 like her name/ her parents info plus her educations etc plus all of that info regarding myself like where i work and all. I won't go into detail its all basic stuff that people have writted in this form. I have a few concerns that i would like to address and get your advice.

I have submitted all documents to NVC but did not submit wedding photos. I submitted about 5 wedding photos when i filled I-130 form (even though they never asked) but i didn't sent any pics to NVC because they never asked. Would it affect our case? I have created 100 pics album for my wife to take to interview that has our shaadi/valima pics plus some family gathering photos that we took after wedding.

Also we did not go for Honeymoon cuz i was there for short time (2 weeks) and right after my wedding it was my cousin's wedding

We don't have any reconrd of emails and facebook chats cuz where she lives they dont have internet connection all time plus they are (her family) very simple people they aren't really modernized or upto the technology. All i have is our phone records and the money transfer receipt as proof that we are still married and in an on going relationship. Is that good enough Phone record + Money transfer receipt (around 3 receipts)

Lastly, I have a joiint sponsor my sister. Do they ask questions regarding joint sponsor or no. I have seen that they sometimes require an I-864A completed by joint sponsor's spouse as well if they file taxes jointly (which i didn't submit cuz NVC never asked) but i have sent my wife a copy completed by joint sponsor's spouse just in case if they ask she will have it. Although they file taxes jointly, we are not using her husband income cuzz my sister makes enough alone to satify the requirement. Please let me know if you are aware of this issue.

I have also sent copies of all documents submitted to NVC to my wife incase they ask but she doesn't understand any of the documents. Do you think consular officer will ask for those documents again?

Lastly, from all of your experiences, what are some of the most frequently asked questions that the Consular officier asks almost all married candidates during interview.

Also if you happend to know of any good hotel or guest house in islamabad near US Embassy that is cheap (NOT 5 star) please let me know

Thanks

1/24/2012: I-130 packet Sent

2/5/2012: NOA 1

05/28/2012: Petition Approved

06/07/2012: Choice of agent sent

06/25/2012: Invoice 1 paid

06/28/2012: Affidavit of support with all document sent

7/02/2012: Invoice 2 paid

09/17/2012: DS-230 + police certificate + original marriage documents sent

9/24/2012: NVC Case Completed

9/30/2012: NVC Assigns Interview Date

10/31/2012: Meical Done

The need for pictures/albums, call records and other documents supporting an on-going relationship and the amount of it you would need at the interview is entirely dependent on the officer you get at the interview (and sometimes the beneficiary country in general).

You are fine with not sending pics for DS-230. The NVC completed the case as they found all the required documents that you had submitted, to be satisfactory

So having pictures + money transfer receipts + call records are good evidence of such an on-going + legit relationship for the Consulate interview. To the question of "Is that enough"? Unfortunately, no one can really tell you with a 100% level of surety. Its always better to have as much evidence as possible.

Going on a honeymoon is again not a requirement - It just strengthens your case (if the officer even bothers to ask you). At this point of time, I assume there's nothing much you can do about a honeymoon trip? So stop worrying! :)

Regarding your wife not understanding any of the copies of the supporting docs that you have sent: I would advice that she thoroughly know all documents (at least what they are) that she carries (again- IF asked!)

You can google up and find a lot of questions that could be asked but here are some of them that my wife was asked:

1) Name? (Of Course!)

2) When was the wedding?

3) How did you meet?

4) Where does your husband live? Where does he work? Is he at the same place now?

5) What do you do?

6) Have you ever been to the US?

7) Has your husband visited you after the wedding?

All straightforward "typical" questions for a CR-1 interview. We had 20-30 pages of call records, pictures from the wedding, our trips after the wedding, copies of all documents submitted all through the immigration process etc. Not one was asked for! Hence basically pointless for her to carry all that, but then we wouldn't know that till the interview is over, would we? :)

Someone else may be able to help you with the question on joint sponsor and hotels in Islamabad.

USCIS- VSC:

02/07/2012: NOA1

07/12/2012: I-130 Approved

07/16/2012: NOA2 in mail

NVC:

07/16/2012: NVC received case in mail

08/03/2012: NVC case number generated

08/08/2012: DS-3032 email sent to NVC

08/09/2012: AOS (I-864) Fee generated.

08/09/2012: Received AOS and DS-3032 email forms from NVC

08/09/2012: Payment in Process

08/10/2012: AOS Fee status:PAID

08/13/2012: AOS Packet Sent.

08/16/2012: DS-3032 accepted.

08/16/2012: AOS Packet Delivered.

08/17/2012: IV Fee generated.

08/17/2012: Payment in Process

08/20/2012: IV Fee status:PAID

08/20/2012: IV Packet Sent

08/21/2012: IV Packet Delivered

08/21/2012: AOS Accepted

08/27/2012: IV Packet reviewed. A PCC Missing

08/28/2012: Missing document sent.

08/30/2012: Missing document delivered.

09/05/2012: NVC case Completed!

09/17/2012: Interview date received! Oct 22nd.

US Consulate:

10/02/2012: Medical Done.

10/22/2012: Interview; APPROVED!

10/26/2012: VISA received!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The pictures, call logs and money transfer receipts are good. They asked my husband questions about our co-sponsor and the embassy called our co-sponsor to verify that he was still willing to co-sponsor.

I think she should carry the I-864A because most likely they will ask for it.

If you have been married before she should know the name of your ex, her age and why you got divorced. They asked my husband all these questions. If you have children by your ex she should know their names and birth dates. They asked my husband questions about his step-children.

They can also ask questions about your sex life to make sure you had sex after the marriage. They asked my husband about our sex life and I stayed with him a month after we got married.

I only had my husband take to the interview pictures, emails, phone bills, skype call logs and money transfer receipts. He was not asked for any paperwork that had already been sent to the NVC.

The embassy in Islamabad is putting more women into AP. I hope they do not do this to your wife but be prepared to wait for her visa. Don't buy her airline tickets until she has her visa in her hands.

My husband stayed with friends so I do not know of a hotel in the area. If you have more questions you can PM me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.