RFQ

I just have to let out some excited energy

50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Egypt has treated me well too. I have only 5 days left here and am trying NOT to think about the departure. We've done all kinds of suprising things including going to Dream Park. Who knew they'd have lots of roller coasters and rides? We've driven to Alexandria for a mini-vacation and visited more pyramids I've not visited before. All in all the trip has been so successful. After all the worry about what the current state of affairs might be, I am very happy I've come. RFQ, I'm glad you are enjoying the time too!

You have left or are leaving today, I think, so I figured you need a great big <<<<<hug>>>>> I almost went to dream park with my niece but I couldn't fit it in the day they had planned.

My stomach is in knots already about the last few days but I'm trying not to let it ruin my wedding today... but its the last big hurrah...

Malesh!

Edited by RFQ

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You have left or are leaving today, I think, so I figured you need a great big <<<<<hug>>>>> I almost went to dream park with my niece but I couldn't fit it in the day they had planned.

My stomach is in knots already about the last few days but I'm trying not to let it ruin my wedding today... but its the last big hurrah...

Malesh!

Big hugs! Dream parks was one of our best days we had together. (L) It sounds like Dream Park is just what you need to take your mind off of the stomach knots too bad it didn't work out. MashaAllah on the wedding day! So happy for you both.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Malesh!

Yes, I did leave Egypt with great sadness. This was the best trip we've had together. We only travelled to Alexandria for one night, but the rest was in the Cairo area. Both of us are feeling the loss of the other's presence.

Last night when I was trying to get my connecting flight out of JFK in New York, the flight was cancelled. It was so difficult to be exhausted and alone in a city that wasn't my own. However, when I got to the customer service counter, the man helping me noticed my cartouche. He told me he was Egyptian and was leaving for a visit to Cairo in a week. He said that it had been three years since he was home. After he learned I had just left my fiance, this man did all he could to make things a bit easier for me. I was so grateful he was my customer service agent.

I finally made it to my home city, but it sure is lonesome.

Congrats on your wedding! I was in the Meridien Pyramids Hotel the other day, and I watched the staff setting up for a wedding there. It was so beautiful to watch. I'm sure yours was just as wonderful! Enjoy the rest of your time in Egypt too. The memories will help keep us going for a while!

ROC

3.6.2017     Mailed I-751

3.7.2017     NOA sent

3.23.2017   Biometrics Appointment

2.26.2018   I-751 Transferred to Local Office

3.5.2018     I-751 Received in Local Office

5.1.2018     Case Transferred; Preliminary Review Done; transferred to NBC in Lee's Summit, MO

5.3.2018     Case Transferred

7.24.2018   Joint interview approved

7.30.2018   Green Card received

Naturalization

3.15.2018   Filed N 400 Online

3.15.2018   USCIS sent the receipt

3.16.2018   USCIS sent biometrics letter

6.14.2018   Interview Notice sent

7.24.2018   Naturalization Interview; approved

9.26.2018   Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

To RFQ - congratulations on your wedding! I am very happy for you.

To visaqueries - leaving your loved one behind and coming back home alone is awful. I just experienced it for the first time. I just try to concentrate on the next part of our journey together. But I miss him like crazy. I'm glad you had an understanding customer service person when your flight got cancelled. Coming home alone is bad enough without being stuck in an airport away from home. I hope you are feeling better. I know what you mean about it being lonesome...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thanks! It was an amazing and crazy night, lol. Truly Egyptian :) Debated posting a picture...don't think I will since this forum is so...public

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.