Pakigrl1

Ruksati required before interview?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Pakigirl: my thoughts to you would be if you have pics from your nikkah where you both Husband and wife are together sitting and there are pics of bunch of guests attending that actually makes it look like a wedding (may be not a lavish one but a simpke casual wedding) then you should tell the consular that your ruksati has been done but make sure you have pics to show them like you and your hubby post wedding pics like fam gathering, or you went out with him etc.

obviously not everyone book a hall and marry lavishly but after wedding everyone go out etc so if you have any casual pics with your husband then that should suffice enough to prove that marriage has been consumated. If you dont have any such pics then its better to stay quite. But if they ask has you rukhsaty been done then don't lie if you dont have photos to show.

I mean ya I have plenty of pics for proof. I actually have pics of us leaving together too (just a formality) no ruksati. Also should I send pics to NVC or should my husband take them to the interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I mean ya I have plenty of pics for proof. I actually have pics of us leaving together too (just a formality) no ruksati. Also should I send pics to NVC or should my husband take them to the interview?

1) If you tell them you have done ONLY Nikkah, not rukhsati, they will deny you for temporary period until you actually do rukhsati.

2) You can send pics to nvc and take them to interview as well. Inlclude both nikkah pics, pics of u two leaving together and any hangout pics you have with ur husband and his and your family where you both are seen together

Lastly, Your CR-1 will take time to complete which is around 9-12 months (mine took 9) which is a long time and when ur husband goes to interview he is guranteed to be put in AP if you tell them you have done only nikkah. So why waste further time, tell them you have done a wedding show them pics and proof to support your claim but if you dont have such proofs then its better to be safe then sorry and tell them the truth unless you want to go to pak and get married.

I understand, when you have done nikkah, you are legally married but for immigration law it is still not considered complete unless you have lived together which can be done only after nikkah.

My cousin had his nikkah on phone but when he learned that he must be married to his wife or else she will be put on AP, he went back home around time of her interview, got married and showed them at interview all pics and invitation card to show that he just married her and his wife was approved and given the visa on spot.

And technically speaking, a marriage is incomplete unless rukhsati is done. Even from islamic stand point, husband is not required to pay his wife her mahr (dowry) if the marriage has not been consummated. If rukhsati will be followed soon after nikah ( for example within a week) then he must pay her mahr before they spend time together as husband wife.

Another point to be noted, Cr-1 visa is a conditional visa which means your husband must live with you after moving to US for two years becuase if you are separated, his residency can be taken away

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.