Pakigrl1

Ruksati required before interview?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I've read a few places that people are getting put in ap process because of not having ruksati done. I'm a bit concerned because I only had my nikkah done and we are waiting on my husband to come here so we can have a reception, just because all of my family is here. If it true that ruksati is required?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well it depends. Did you have the nikaah done over the phone?? Do you have any pictures of you and your husband together? Has USCIS approved your case? When did you file? Ihad my nikaah done over phone and its causing so many probs for me. It is very hard for my husband's case getting approved

We our case was approved from USCIS and we had our nikah done only in Islamabad. They never asked me any question regarding Rukhsati in interview.

USCIS / CSC:

27/02/2012: Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

03/01/2012: NOA1

06/18/2012: NOA2 in email

06/23/2012: NOA2 in hand

NVC:

07/09/2012: NVC received

07/26/2012: Case number/IIN - wrong embassy..grrrr

07/26/2012: DS-3032 sent (Emailed)

07/30/2012: New Case number

07/30/2012: AOS bill

07/31/2012: AOS bill shows PAID

08/01/2012: AOS package sent

08/02/2012: AOS package delivered

08/02/2012: DS-3032 accepted

08/03/2012: IV bill

08/06/2012: IV bill shows PAID

08/06/2012: IV package sent0

8/07/2012: IV package delivered

08/14/2012: Case complete

09/14/2012: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Abu Dhabi:

09/15/2012: Medical

10/02/2012: Interview *Result: AP*

12/31/2013: Visa in hand

03/19/2014: ELIS fee paid

03/20/2014: POE ABU DHABI / Chicago

IN USA:

04/03/2014: SSN applied

04/08/2014: SSN received

05/21/2014: Welcome letter received

05/22/2014: 10 years GC arrived in mail

Timeline

I have read that if you have not done Rukhsati then it is considered as NOT all rituals of marriage has been performed in which case they put you on AP until all rituals are done and you give them proofs like pics.

If i were you, i would not inform them of your Nikka was done on phone or that you have not done rukhsati. You should not tell them and have some pics taken with your hubby as if you had a simple casual wedding.

Trust me, you do not want to be put into AP. Being in AP is like being in Hell.

My wife has her interview next month, everything seems good so far. I just hope they don't put her in AP because

#1 her passport is clean, she has never traveled out of country

#2 no kids accompanies her as of now

#3 wedding has been done, both rukhsati and valima

#4 i am a US Citizen

#5 NVC did not request any documents as we have sent all original documents already

If you had nikka over the phone, just get some pics taken to show your wedding has been done.

Timeline

You are only considered eligible for a IR1/CR1 visa once all marriage rituals are complete. Rukhsati symbolizes the consummation of marriage, and the marriage is not considered complete without it (see instructions for I-130: Cannot file for husband or wife if both were not physically present at the marriage and the marriage was not consummated).

If you read past consulate reviews, some members have specifically been asked if the rukhsati was performed or not. If the answer is no, the consulate gives them a blue refusal sheet and asks for the rukhsati to be performed before the visa can be processed. At the same time, there have been instances when this question has not come up. In my case it didn't because I provided pictures from the valima, as well as post wedding pictures.

If the question does come up, you have to be able to demonstrate that you lived as husband and wife after the wedding, i.e. pictures of the valima, or casual pictures after the wedding. However, always answer honestly. Not having done the rukhsati may only delay your visa. Lying on the other hand can have serious implications.

11/04/11 Got Married

USCIS:

12/28/11 - I-130 Sent

12/30/11 - NOA1 Received

06/08/12 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

07/02/12 - Case arrived at NVC

07/12/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses

07/13/12 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

07/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

07/24/12 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced & PAID

07/25/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID, IV bill appears as PAID, AOS Package sent, IV Package sent

07/26/12 - AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC

08/01/12 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

08/13/12 - Responded to Checklist

08/20/12 - IV accepted, Case Complete

09/14/12 - Interview date Assigned (Interview Date: 10/04/12)

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

09/21/12 - Medical

10/04/12 - Interview (Approved!)

10/08/12 - Visa received

11/02/12 - POE (Chicago, IL)

11/25/12 - Received Permanent Resident Card

11/26/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA Office

Timeline

My nikkah wasn't done on the phone. I was physically there for it. However my question is that is it required to have ruksati done? Technically your married after your nikkah

To answer your question, yes it is required.

AP is standard for certain countries and in genral even when everything is ok applicant from pak would have to go thru AP process.

That is not true. It is not a "standard". Many cases are put into AP, but it is certainly not a given.

11/04/11 Got Married

USCIS:

12/28/11 - I-130 Sent

12/30/11 - NOA1 Received

06/08/12 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

07/02/12 - Case arrived at NVC

07/12/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses

07/13/12 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

07/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

07/24/12 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced & PAID

07/25/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID, IV bill appears as PAID, AOS Package sent, IV Package sent

07/26/12 - AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC

08/01/12 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

08/13/12 - Responded to Checklist

08/20/12 - IV accepted, Case Complete

09/14/12 - Interview date Assigned (Interview Date: 10/04/12)

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

09/21/12 - Medical

10/04/12 - Interview (Approved!)

10/08/12 - Visa received

11/02/12 - POE (Chicago, IL)

11/25/12 - Received Permanent Resident Card

11/26/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA Office

Timeline

My wife who is a US citizen came to Pak and we had our Nikkah done, but the CO at the interview specifically asked me if the Rukhsati was done and if our marriage was consummated or not, and once I replied not yet, he gave me a blue refusal sheet asking for completion of marriage rituals. So my wife had to fly to Pak again to do so. However, some "female" applicants are lucky and get a way without the rukhsati being performed but No way for a "male" applicant from Pakistan. I suggest you read more consulate reviews on here and do a further research and make a decision accordingly. Good luck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Reading your concerns I always wonder about the whole issue of marriage in Pakistan when it comes to immigration. Why can't most folks get married the complete and proper way so immigration can never question their marriage? why do nikaah on phone when you know it will be an issue for immigration purposes? why do nikaah in person but not have reception? Not consumate the marriage? why do half the marriage? I truly feel sorry that majority of Pakistani's are put into AP but I do not understand why they are not doing something to help themselves??? Why not do everything that is required of getting married in Pakistan and do so in a manner that no one can doubt you? I mean its your right to do whatever you wish but if you are trying to migrate try to do what immigration is asking you. Every culture is different yes but I feel most Pakistani's immigration marriages wouldn't hold up by Pakistani standards muchless US Immigration.

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Reading your concerns I always wonder about the whole issue of marriage in Pakistan when it comes to immigration. Why can't most folks get married the complete and proper way so immigration can never question their marriage? why do nikaah on phone when you know it will be an issue for immigration purposes? why do nikaah in person but not have reception? Not consumate the marriage? why do half the marriage? I truly feel sorry that majority of Pakistani's are put into AP but I do not understand why they are not doing something to help themselves??? Why not do everything that is required of getting married in Pakistan and do so in a manner that no one can doubt you? I mean its your right to do whatever you wish but if you are trying to migrate try to do what immigration is asking you. Every culture is different yes but I feel most Pakistani's immigration marriages wouldn't hold up by Pakistani standards muchless US Immigration.

My nikkah was done but I had no plans of getting married when I went over there. It just kind of happened. My family wasn't there just my mom. I pretty much went over there for vacation and ended up getting married. (Lol) All my family is here and we want to have a reception here once my husband comes here. But it wasn't a small nikkah, we had a wedding hall with about 100+ guests. It was a proper wedding just not a ruksati.

Edited by Pakigrl1

Timeline

Pakigirl: my thoughts to you would be if you have pics from your nikkah where you both Husband and wife are together sitting and there are pics of bunch of guests attending that actually makes it look like a wedding (may be not a lavish one but a simpke casual wedding) then you should tell the consular that your ruksati has been done but make sure you have pics to show them like you and your hubby post wedding pics like fam gathering, or you went out with him etc.

obviously not everyone book a hall and marry lavishly but after wedding everyone go out etc so if you have any casual pics with your husband then that should suffice enough to prove that marriage has been consumated. If you dont have any such pics then its better to stay quite. But if they ask has you rukhsaty been done then don't lie if you dont have photos to show.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.