walbers

question regarding CR-1 interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Our CR-1 interview is coming up on Nov 5th. My question is what, specifically do we need to bring to the interview?

According to the interview appointment letter there were no documents indicated as being needed. Everything we have was pretty much submitted to USCIS and then the NVC, all in originals. The letter reminder is to bring any originals that weren't sent to the NVC but we don't have anything...they have it. I'll bring the health check results which we got today. I'll bring the passport photos.

I submitted the Affadavit of Support with tax returns to NVC. I will bring a copy of my most recent return anyway but I read here recently that someone got a blue slip because they didn't submit a tax transcript. The consulate office instruction says they prefer the transcript but it appears the NVC has accepted what I've sent so I am wondering if this is OK.

In the list of Documents requested by the NVC we have the following notations:

1. Immigrant Visa Application Part 1 & 2: "Y" required document has been received

2. Passport: "Y" (obviously we'll bring her original w/ VN residence card)

3. Birth Certificate: "O" The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post requirements

4. Marriage Certificate (ours): "O"

5. Marriage Termination (both parties previous marriages): "O"

6. Court Records: "F" This form not necessary for this application

7. Financial evidence: "Y" Required document has been received

8. Vietnam Police Record: "O" original document has been received and accepted.....

9. Fee payment: "$" payment received

10. Petitioner marriage certificate: "F"

11. Petitioner birth certificate: "F"

So it seems they have everything they asked for.....will they be expecting anything else? This is not a K visa situation.....we've lived together for 6 years, married for 2 so bona fide relationship doesn't seem to be an issue. I can certainly bring photographs, etc. we don't have skype/emails as we obviously live together and talk face to face and by phone. My wife is Chinese and a resident of VN due to my employment here, not Vietnamese.

Just want to make sure I'm not blindsided by something unexpected and would appreciate any and all advice. I had been working with a lawyer who was great with helping in the process and preparing documents etc. but now, when I need some last minute coaching, he's left for the US due to a family tragedy.

any interview tips for my wife would be great also. she's been denied B2 twice.....if this doesn't come through we'll be devestated.

thanks!

will

Timeline

and so.....looking over our docs for the umpteenth time I start to notice a few typos in the forms G-325A, I-130 and DS-230. a couple misspellings....I sent all these things in many months ago and i know that i edited the docs before sending to correct some of these mistakes. unfortunately my saved copies were lost in a disc drive disaster so I'm looking at the originals with uncorrected mistakes. I can't remember if I fixed these!

and....unbelievably....i am now worried that I have our marriage date wrong....listing 11-02-2011 instead of 11-02-2010! how stupid can I possibly be? Of course, the original marriage certificate and notarized translation have the correct date (11-02-2010) and we didn't get any notice or comment from NVC so what might happen if this gets picked up by the CO at the interview next Monday? This is actually a big deal to me as we actually now qualify for the IR-1 visa as the interview is now coming right after our 2 year anniversary.

Are they gonna blue slip us? I am bringing a corrected copy of all docs just in case I failed to fix it before sending it....

regards

will

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

and so.....looking over our docs for the umpteenth time I start to notice a few typos in the forms G-325A, I-130 and DS-230. a couple misspellings....I sent all these things in many months ago and i know that i edited the docs before sending to correct some of these mistakes. unfortunately my saved copies were lost in a disc drive disaster so I'm looking at the originals with uncorrected mistakes. I can't remember if I fixed these!

and....unbelievably....i am now worried that I have our marriage date wrong....listing 11-02-2011 instead of 11-02-2010! how stupid can I possibly be? Of course, the original marriage certificate and notarized translation have the correct date (11-02-2010) and we didn't get any notice or comment from NVC so what might happen if this gets picked up by the CO at the interview next Monday? This is actually a big deal to me as we actually now qualify for the IR-1 visa as the interview is now coming right after our 2 year anniversary.

Are they gonna blue slip us? I am bringing a corrected copy of all docs just in case I failed to fix it before sending it....

regards

will

Just correct it when they ask about your marriage date. Open some email from NVC and scroll down to the bottom, they have some info about your case category and consulate. Mine is IR-1 now too and they automatically updated. I noticed that in previous emails from them.

Edited by sweetapple

03/04/2010: Getting married

06/06/2011: Submit I-130. Case is at CSC

06/08/2011: NOA1

01/06/2012: NOA2

01/23/2012: Case number assigned

01/26/2012: AOS Bill and IV Bill invoiced

05/10/2012: Paid AOS and IV fees

08/20/2012: Sent AOS and IV packets

08/22/2012: NVC received AOS and IV packets

08/29/2012: Case complete

11/06/2012: Interview date appointment received

12/04/2012: Interview date. Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It was us that were given a blue slip last week because I turned in Tax returns and w2s instead of transcripts. It cost us over a week but we finally got approved after I turned in the transcripts. I highly recommend you get the transcripts if you have not done so. I know some CO's are different but it is not worth the wait. My one regret was not getting the transcripts just in case. It can only help you. Other than that, I would bring photos and chat logs if you have any. They will definitely ask 100%. Good luck.

Timeline

It looks like you are missing two things. Ten year residency for you and your wife, and a list of her over seas relatives. They did not ask us for these forms specifically but we turned them in so they had them. I remember reading someone here received blue because they were missing these two forms. They are very easy to type up and sign. There's an example somewhere on this forum.

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=9985

Timeline of relationship. Use this

sorry moderators for posting again instead of editing. doing this on my phone and it is a bit difficult.

Edited by petey1

Timeline

It looks like you are missing two things. Ten year residency for you and your wife, and a list of her over seas relatives. They did not ask us for these forms specifically but we turned them in so they had them. I remember reading someone here received blue because they were missing these two forms. They are very easy to type up and sign. There's an example somewhere on this forum.

what 10 year residency? have no idea what this is? why do they need a list of overseas relatives? I've never seen a request for this type of info.

rgds

will

Timeline

Here's an example posted by another member. I used his example to do my ten year residency. Like I said, they didn't even look at it but it's good to know I have it in case. I got it signed and notorized.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/307127-10-year-residency/

Also, in this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/292650-10-year-residency-document-for-hcmc/ Jim is saying that the ten year is listed on the blue slip, so yes, they will actually give out blue slips for not having these.

Edited by petey1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Is it ok to prepare those forms in advance? I thought they do not take those forms at the interview and will ask for submission later. And they asked your wife for chat logs? I plan to give them printscreens of our webcam instead of chat logs.

Congrat on the pink and thanks for sharing

03/04/2010: Getting married

06/06/2011: Submit I-130. Case is at CSC

06/08/2011: NOA1

01/06/2012: NOA2

01/23/2012: Case number assigned

01/26/2012: AOS Bill and IV Bill invoiced

05/10/2012: Paid AOS and IV fees

08/20/2012: Sent AOS and IV packets

08/22/2012: NVC received AOS and IV packets

08/29/2012: Case complete

11/06/2012: Interview date appointment received

12/04/2012: Interview date. Approved!!!

Timeline

Well...I've never seen these documents as being listed as requirements and our list of past residences is already on our application forms. At any rate, I am out of town on business this week and have no chance of preparing notarized statements in time for our interview on Monday morning so I guess we'll just have to take our chances. rgds will

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.