IsmoBem

ATTN: ALL Filipinos in the US. WHAT DO U WISH U BROUGHT WITH YOU IN THE US?

40 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I agree! :thumbs: I'm curious though about the corned beef conversation! :)

This too! :thumbs:

The corned beef from Philippines it's so yummy that i can't find a replacement here, i was so upset because we went from 2 pilipino grocery store but we can't find those corned beef and specially hot dogsad.gif I can't wait to be back and bring somesad.gif every time i was upset my husband try to make fun with me, he always keep singing the MASCULADOS SONG "JUMBO HOTDOG"

to think it's not funny but make me more upsetno0pb.gifno0pb.gif

The corned beef from Philippines it's so yummy that i can't find a replacement here, i was so upset because we went from 2 pilipino grocery store but we can't find those corned beef and specially hot dogsad.gif I can't wait to be back and bring somesad.gif every time i was upset my husband try to make fun with me, he always keep singing the MASCULADOS SONG "JUMBO HOTDOG"

to think it's not funny but make me more upsetno0pb.gifno0pb.gif

I know. I usually bring Purefoods corned beef whenever I visit my sister. I guess I will bring some when it's time for me to leave. :whistle:

And the hotdogs! Although they do have a wide variety of hotdogs, but sometimes there's just this craving for the simple hotdogs we've grown to love here in the Philippines. (That Jumbo Hotdog remark made me laugh, an image of the dancing Masculados flashed in my head, lol)

A few comfort Filipino-style food/taste to help counter possible homesickness I guess could be considered in the what-to-bring-to-the-US list. :)

CR-1 VISA

USCIS

06/20/2012 - I-130 mailed

06/27/2012 - NOA1 (SMS)
08/28/2012 - I-130 Approved (2 months after NOA1; No RFE)
09/01/2012 - NOA2 (Mail)

NVC
09/18/2012 - NVC Case number, I-864 invoice and DS-3032 received via e-mail (3 weeks after I-130 Approval)
09/18/2012 - I-864 fee paid; DS-3032 e-mailed(used DS-3032 e-mail template)
10/02/2012 - DS-3032 acknowledged(2 weeks after e-mailing DS-3032)
10/03/2012 - IV invoice received via e-mail
10/04/2012 - IV fee paid
10/22/2012 - I-864EZ packet delivered
11/05/2012 - I-864EZ accepted (No RFE)
11/09/2012 - IV packet delivered
11/27/2012 - Confirmed case complete via phone call; received NVC instruction letter with interview date via e-mail

US EMBASSY - MANILA
12/18 & 26/2012 - Medical
01/04/2013 - Interview @ 6:15 AM (APPROVED @ around 10:10 AM)
01/10/2013 - Passport and IV packet delivered (in 4 business days)

04/30/2013 - POE: SEATTLE, WA

05/14/2013 - SSN received

05/21/2013 - GC received

10/07/2013 - 1st Day @ 1st Job

ROC

02/21/2015 - I-751 mailed via USPS

02/27/2015 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Receipt date: 02/23/2015)

05/14/2015 - Biometrics appointment (Original 3/24)

08/28/2015 - GC ordered

Naturalization

05/16/2016 - N-400 mailed via USPS

05/23/2016 - Received NOA

06/15/2016 - Biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know. I usually bring Purefoods corned beef whenever I visit my sister. I guess I will bring some when it's time for me to leave. :whistle:

And the hotdogs! Although they do have a wide variety of hotdogs, but sometimes there's just this craving for the simple hotdogs we've grown to love here in the Philippines. (That Jumbo Hotdog remark made me laugh, an image of the dancing Masculados flashed in my head, lol)

A few comfort Filipino-style food/taste to help counter possible homesickness I guess could be considered in the what-to-bring-to-the-US list. :)

LOL, yeah he found the site where he can listen some tagalog song from Love radio station, i was like " geezzzz" i was sleeping that time, then he wake me up for that song, dragging to tell him the tittle.

He start practicing the dance steps and memorizing the lyrics, so every-time he dance he really make me laugh and back-outsad.gif

So every-time i want to to get some pilipino foods we can't find the hotdogs purefoods., I ate some corned beef but i don't like it even the hotdogssad.gif So kinda sad...

yes bring some if you are comingsmile.gif

I will have to wait for Anne to answer this but we just had the corned beef conversation! I would suggest hair and skin items because it may be hard to find one that she likes and works. Some acne may become an issue. Especially with winter upon us... Guys, get some nasal spray and saline, vaseline and lip balms( get a few different ones) because your girls sinuses and lips will dry out and be uncomfortable and hard to breath.

FYI, when we came back through Vancouver last time we "had" to give up all the Filipino canned beef. I'm not sure about the US, we didn't get that far with it. The dried fish were ok to bring in though.

Kev n Jena

thumb_Kyle_John_1_email.jpgthumb_Img_2057_web.jpgthumb_Pictures_429.jpg

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Pet Peeve for 2011 - supercilious, contemptuous, arrogant, attitudes.

If you are a small clothing size you might want to bring a few extra pairs of jeans. Jena had a hard time finding jeans that she liked here and ended up buying several pairs on our first trip back to Phils.

Kev n Jena

hypocrit - a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

If you are a small clothing size you might want to bring a few extra pairs of jeans. Jena had a hard time finding jeans that she liked here and ended up buying several pairs on our first trip back to Phils.

Thanks for bringing that up. My wife is 4 ft 10 inches and she is having a hard time finding a US size to match (even in Petites). We sometimes have to go to the junior and children section because the pant legs are too large in adult sizes.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife wanted to sneak Purefoods hot dogs. She misses those.

Haha. I honestly miss it too. I tried to find some here but it's not the same. I like it coz it isn't salty as the hotdogs here. My husband likes it too and made octopuses from it.LoL.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

I would've wanted to plant our very own siling Bisaya from the Philippines. I haven't found those at Seafood City in Eagle Rock, West Covina, and Carson City. Luckily the common Thai chili is popular enough.

I also should've brought more jogging pants/sweatpants and skinny jeans from the PH. I am only 5'3" and most sweatpants here seem too long for comfort.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

I would've wanted to plant our very own siling Bisaya from the Philippines. I haven't found those at Seafood City in Eagle Rock, West Covina, and Carson City. Luckily the common Thai chili is popular enough.

I also should've brought more jogging pants/sweatpants and skinny jeans from the PH. I am only 5'3" and most sweatpants here seem too long for comfort.

Jena grows the little red peppers here. She got seeds from a friend here. They grow very easily in a pot in the house during our cold Illinois winters.

Kev n Jena

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee wished she had purchased some wedding favors in the Philippines :star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.